PANICinc

L1 + R1 Quick swap not working During Fishing Mission

L1 + R1 Quick swap not working During Fishing Mission

So I was doing the Bog Fishing mission with the Fishing Net and everytime something hit me, piranha, sarco, kapro, i would lose the fishing net and have to restart the mission. A message appears above the hotbar saying to hit the Toggle Weapon button. I'm assuming they mean the L1+R1 (in the control layout it's listed as Toggle Fists, or something along those lines)

Well it doesn't work. In order to get the fishing net back, I had to restart the mission. I finally was able to complete it, by having a buddy on his Spino standing guard protecting me from land creatures and calling out when piranha start heading towards me.

Am I missing something here? Is there a different button I should be pressing to equip the Mission Fishing Net? It's not in my inventory or on the hotbar. I tried clearing my hotbar to see if the net would appear in an open slot. But nope. It's auto equipped to your hands, and when unequipped for whatever reason, it's gone.

Posted (edited)

The only solution I have found so far is to equip a stack of fishing nets set to my hotbar. While it does consume my personal inventory of nets, it allows the mission to continue. Other than that, no combination of PS4 buttons seems to reactivate the net.. at least for now. 

Edited by Fyrflii