Argys Randomly Walk Away (Who Else?)

Xxtheclashxx

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it happens with any flyer.

It doesn't matter if you dismount too fast or sit on the flyer for 5 minutes before dismounting.

There is no rhyme or reason for this happening.

When it first started with Argies only I reported it.   I got told that it must be my ark bugged (even though i was only playing official at the time)

Sense then its moved to wyvern, then ptera, then griffon, snow owls, and now far as i can tell, its happening with every flyer.  (don't know about mana, i refuse to fly them as they like to go POOF out of existance still on official).

I had this happen to me a lot with my Griffin and also on a Rock Drake. I found a sort of fix, well it hasn't happened since I started doing it at least .. :/

I thought perhaps the movement logic was 'recurring' due to unnoticeable game lag (like things loading, whatever), so I started to push my controller to the left/right after landing, thinking that if it was something to do with the controls this might give me some indication. Anyhow, cut a long story short, it stopped doing it after I do this each time. I'm not saying the movement thing is the cause of this happening, I just know that after doing this it stopped doing it. To summarise, every time you land, push left or right before you dismount. I actually do this automatically now, without thinking about it.

I'm aware that this 'fix' may not be doing anything, and the fact that my mounts are no longer walking after I dismount may just be a coincidence, so I'd love to know if this helps others who experience the issue, or even if it made no difference to them at all.. either way, Good luck with it, all, it can be super annoying, especially on the surface of Ab, or in a Drake/Wyvern nest .. :)

On 10/26/2020 at 7:29 AM, AirplaneSlider said:

I've had this problem too. I land at base with a truckload of metal, and my argy just peaces out. I do stop all and he stops momentarily, but then resumes wandering off.

this. i had to cryopod the wyvern to make it stop. i had an argy that kept doing this as well. the problem is getting worse. we need more people to speak up with this issue so we can submit the bug to wildcard to at least say that we did. 

34 minutes ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

this. i had to cryopod the wyvern to make it stop. i had an argy that kept doing this as well. the problem is getting worse. we need more people to speak up with this issue so we can submit the bug to wildcard to at least say that we did. 

Since this happens, I've made an opening where I can land my Argy in the base so even if it wanders it can't go outside the base.

also noted - it doesn't matter if you leave the flyer inside a building, you can be offline, come back online, and your flyer will be gone, they've randomly decided to walk off as someone flew past your base, but apparenlty when your offline they can walk through walls if no ones within building render range.  after that, if your lucky you may find your flyer off in the direction it was facing if some cliff / rocks didn't cause the flyers direction to change.

We have also noted that tamed wyvern are starting to do what wild wyvern will do when they decide to wander off on their own,  turning direction northward and just vanishing out of existance after a bit.

On 10/25/2020 at 10:55 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Pro tip. 

When you jump off the bird and it starts to slowly walk away. Right in front of you, inexplicably.

Jump back on and then off again. Problem solved. Because, Ark. 

Not always. One time my mother flipping argy walked away from my forge every time I landed near there for like 10 flipping minutes, felt like half an hour but honestly the frustration factor can make your sense of time very bad.... I honestly started to believe a hacker was trolling me. Eventually I allowed it to wander way the hell away and went and got a different argy to xfer the metal from the first bird and bring it to the forge. I about also went and got a shot gun. Seriously a "that dog won't hunt" type of moment... tho it was my highest weight argy so I spared him. The next days metal run, I used the problematic argy, but it went with out a hitch. It's a very strangely intermittent bug. Hmmm maybe some of the bugs in this game ARE due to hackers? How else to explain the unpredictability of some of arks behaviours?

yeeah most flyers do that... even when parked & you log off, when you come back they might have walked away while you where offline -.-

VERY annoying !

it helps to walk wyv & Owls backward after landing! but not always 🙄

PS: knowing @StudioWildcard it will take them atleast a year to fix this! soooo get used to it!

• Volunteer Moderator
22 hours ago, Ariad said:

I jump off the Argy, Griff, Wyv, Q, Owl, Mana, it starts walking away, jump on , back it up (doesn't work on all flyers ofc but does to stop them from walking) jump off and they sit still.

Been using that since shortly after beta when it started. Still works

Yup. Works for me. I almost never see them walk off though. 

I had a wyvern recently that was like glitched halfway into my base and could barely move, after getting it out it seemed antsy, always walking away etc. I wonder if there was some kind of delayed reaction like the thing kept trying to move out of my base, but was stuck so once I finally freed it it started applying days old movements? Anyways it eventually went on a walk and disappeared for like nearly a week, and I was about to give up on finding it. Actually accidentally found it running through a group of trees for a different reason.

5 hours ago, LEDminer said:

For times when dinos disappear when offline, couldn't you cryopod them before logging off to prevent it?

Lol... well yes, but you're kinda telling everyone to cryo every dino as a prophylactic to a rather rare glitch. Although in retrospect my problem wyvern (mentioned in my last comment) did seem to be acting weird, and maybe I could have cryoed it, the last time I saw him before he took off he wasn't moving at all. Once I got him back I definitely cryoed him.

Just now, sjskdjkfa said:

Lol... well yes, but you're kinda telling everyone to cryo every dino as a prophylactic to a rather rare glitch. Although in retrospect my problem wyvern (mentioned in my last comment) did seem to be acting weird, and maybe I could have cryoed it, the last time I saw him before he took off he wasn't moving at all. Once I got him back I definitely cryoed him.

dinos walking on their own happens to me daily, i wouldnt say its rare. why are people downplaying this.

Just now, Xxtheclashxx said:

dinos walking on their own happens to me daily, i wouldnt say its rare. why are people downplaying this.

For rarity I'm talking about them totally seemingly disappearing while you're logged out, but they've gone on such a big walk you can't find them. Wyverns are particluarly bad about this so bad that I've actually lost a few for good (they auto decayed before I could search the whole map). Also due to the randomness it wouldn't surprise me if you were getting hit harder than others.

Archived