The latest patch broke mods...

Xenithar

The latest patch broke mods...

OK, patch that just came out (307.56?) has broken all seven of our servers. Apparently the new (we had it since like, 2016?) trough radius feature which supposedly is for Tek troughs puts giant, neon-green rings around all troughs. This includes but is not limited to, all of the S+ mod troughs, all of the fused troughs mod troughs, and others. In other words, every server running ANY trough mod, which worked fine for years, now has massive green rings cutting through terrain, buildings, dinos, etc. No way to disable this new "feature" either.

On top of this the patch was released ON THE DAMN WEEKEND. Now we likely have lost a weekend of play due to this untested, buggy pile of crap that is called a patch. Why the HELL would an untested patch be released on a weekend? I expect, no demand, the ability to rollback my client so we can enjoy our game OR a patch to fix this. It shouldn't be hard to write a line of code to keep that new feature in the parent object, assuming you are using C++.

Oh, and now we have engrams showing up which we blocked EONS ago. Great. Servers will be offline until patched. Thanks! I am finally pissed with the direction of the development after all of these years!

Then mods need to update for the new patch. This is pretty standard fare in the modding community.

You should be impressed with the direction of development lately. They've been pushing patches pretty regularly to correct issues and fix exploits with the new updated content. Just because you need to wait for some mods to get updated, or because things break because of implemented fixes is no reason to get all bent. Get over yourself and go play something else. It's not like there aren't a zillion games being given away for free right now due to the pandemic. Pick up something new and bide your time.

Also, were you aware that modders are more active on the weekends to update their mods?  It's a really common thing since most modders make a living off of real world daily jobs that usually keep them busy during the week.

Archived