cannot transfer out of genesis

L4D2

cannot transfer out of genesis

hello

when i started playing genesis, i created a new character, at the time i was able to transfer to island, val etc...to level up my character and learn engrams,

but now it is not possible anymore, when i select transfer to and choose a destination, nothing happen, it just hang there, my inventory is empty.

anybody found a solution for this?, on the server i play there is at least one other person with the same problem, after latest patch and the mind whipped,

i need to relearn several engrams (preserving salt, rad suit etc...)

thanks for your help

i have been trying  several servers nothing was working for about 2-3 weeks and just after i created this thread i tried again and this time it worked, i went to val to learn abb engrams but then i couldn't  go back to genesis, i was able to transfer to ext no problem so learnt few engrams there aswell then same problem, cannot get back to gen, so i started a transfer to scorched earth and killed my game before the transfer completed.

restarted the game select my genesis server, was given the option to select my character but it didn't download (problem with an item not compatible with server genesis) so i selected the extinction server i was just before, was able to download my character, killed my character then i was able to transfer back to genesis using a city terminal

14 hours ago, caleb68 said:

yeah any items in your character inventory (even a piece of fiber) will stop you from downloading the character to genesis.

yes the problem here is inventory is empty not even costumes or hlna are present, but it looks like an invisible item is present, i already had this problem few month back when i wanted to leave ext map, i could travel to any map without problem but couldn't leave ext unless i died and re spawn on ext then after a patch the problem was gone and never reappeared again, 

then it started again with gen map, this time even dying and re spawning on gen didn't solve the problem

the only workaround I can think of is transferring to a map that you can transfer to via the obelisk, then when you get the 'respawn' screen popup, click on the map somewhere and press the ESC key to get the menu to pop up (if your pc) then exit to main menu, this leaves your character in the download menu, then connect to the map you want to go to, and when you get the create new survivor screen, click the download button, and download the character if it will let you.

Only time I've had issues with invisible items is playing on unofficial servers, some server sporting a mod that another didn't have yet for some reason a invisible item was left in my inventory that couldn't be dropped / removed even with death.  

If its a local profile issue on pc, you can go to your ark folder then Shootergame/saved/LocalProfiles and make a copy of PlayerLocalData.arkprofile then delete that file, and try again on ark to see if it resolves it,  if it does your local profile is corrupted, if not, shut the game down and stick the copy back there and make sure its name is correct (PlayerLocalData.arkprofile)

The problem with the local profile getting corrupted is you'll lose all map data (areas explored), including pins you've placed, all emotes & hairstyles you've learned. 

3 hours ago, caleb68 said:

the only workaround I can think of is transferring to a map that you can transfer to via the obelisk, then when you get the 'respawn' screen popup, click on the map somewhere and press the ESC key to get the menu to pop up (if your pc) then exit to main menu, this leaves your character in the download menu, then connect to the map you want to go to, and when you get the create new survivor screen, click the download button, and download the character if it will let you.

thanks again for the time you spend trying to help,

i already tried that option, but if i choose my genesis map it say there is an item incompatible with the server , i can download my character to any other map except gen, 

anyway somehow i am back on genesis with the engrams i needed i hope they are not going to implement an other mind wipe

Archived