Nerfing TekSuit Durability is probably a good thing....

nworlds

Nerfing TekSuit Durability is probably a good thing....

Guess it's good balance for (at least official) PvP servers to reduce the durability by pretty much 50%...

B U T

Why  WHY  W H Y 

Do you need to hardcode that stupid nerf for everyone???????

I run my own PvE cluster and we like 3003 durability!

on a PvE server it doesnt matter at all, so why not have a variable set for pvp only? after all it should be our own decision on PRIVATE servers!

The real question is why do you need 3000 durability tek armor? I've been running around in my 300 durability primitive set for months and they're still at about 40% durability.

About the only time armor durability matters is if I stupidly put myself into a position where I can be eaten by something. And that's just so I can come back later to retrieve it.

point completely missed!

I couldn't care less what you prefer for your armor durability or how you use it dear sir forum warrior, the point and reason for my post is simply WHY apply pvp related nerfs to PRIVATE pve servers, when it would be so simple to use a variable for it and do their heroic nerfing on their own official ones!

Maybe someone will make a MOD for the tek armor on unofficial. As for official all the nerfs are amazing, the MEK and Tek suit wipes will cripple the huge dupers, at least for some weeks. They should have put a limit on the MEK stats to prevent further abuse.

I can understand the frustration but 1500 is still a lot if you play PVE this will nearly never break unless you crash in the middle of 10 dinos attacking you. Like I said, maybe someone will bring out a MOD to fix this for all unofficial players unhappy with the changes.

I can only talk from an official few and welcome all of the nerfs/changes, they are amazing and will better the game!

Tek Armor is pretty much pointless to use now... The cost to repair is astronomical, and with durability massively nerfed on top of that, the usefulness of Tek is gone. People will now stop using Tek and find ANY alternative they possibly can.

Players on my unofficial server have already entered trade and discussion on fazing out Tek armor completely. Congratulations Wildcard, you just killed Tek armor.

Hard capping durability I understand. ok. Adding in a scaling cost to repair based on crafting cost, I understand, ok. But making the cost SO very very expensive has killed Tek armor. That needs to be reduced significantly, instead of cost +20%, make it 50% of craft cost at the most, preferably less.

32 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

I can understand the frustration but 1500 is still a lot if you play PVE this will nearly never break unless you crash in the middle of 10 dinos attacking you. Like I said, maybe someone will bring out a MOD to fix this for all unofficial players unhappy with the changes.

I can only talk from an official few and welcome all of the nerfs/changes, they are amazing and will better the game!

This is completely false. :) 1500 durability will get ripped up fairly quickly. at least once a day will require repairs. We've been using above 1500 durability so I'm speaking from actual experience here. And if you're stupid enough to wear it in lava areas (EG Genesis magmasaur pits), even 3000 durability will be shredded in a few mins.

As for crashing.. due to recent updates, crashing happens VERY often, especially on Genesis map which is extremely bad for fps and crashing.

@NZScruffydo you run around on foot when you play? I'm 99% of the time on a dino when I leave my base. I could understand this if those old ''super prim'' servers were still up where you weren't able to ride dinos.

IMO 1500 is more than enough for any normal ARK player unless you go around punching dinos to death or facetanking them like in World of Warcraft... Cheaters and dupers abused this way too much, some tribes had multiple vaults full of crazy high dura Tek armors which this restricts.

they crippled dupers as long as it takes to run OSDs,

which is maybe a day or so XD, foolish thinking at best...just wipe everything if your gonna wipe anything

they didnt even cap meks, which is what they should of done

breeding mutation exploits should be capped as well

unbalanced is the theme and has been for years

they might as well just sell tames in the hln-a shop and make it pay 2 win

because everyone just buys tames in groups anyway

5 hours ago, Fukushu said:

Must not play genesis then.  Crashing in the middle of 10 dinos is what we call traveling to a new biome...

Oh, you teleported with a 255 Rex to keep you safe when you crash?  It fell through the world and mesh death while you were crashing mid port.

3 hours ago, MrHalloween said:

which is maybe a day or so XD, foolish thinking at best...just wipe everything if your gonna wipe anything

They did not cap meks, they wiped them all. Also what mutation caps are you talking about?

8 hours ago, MrHalloween said:

Not sure about what breeding exploit you are talking about but if you mean being able to get those op dinos through breeding that we get now i disagree people have spent lots of time to get those dinos and also there are already 2 caps the lvl 450 cap and the 256 point cap in a single stat.

12 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@NZScruffydo you run around on foot when you play? I'm 99% of the time on a dino when I leave my base. I could understand this if those old ''super prim'' servers were still up where you weren't able to ride dinos.

IMO 1500 is more than enough for any normal ARK player unless you go around punching dinos to death or facetanking them like in World of Warcraft... Cheaters and dupers abused this way too much, some tribes had multiple vaults full of crazy high dura Tek armors which this restricts.

So because you like spending 99% of your time grinding on a dino, you automatically think that's what everyone does?

I honestly don't give a toss about Official servers. they are way past broken. I don't play duper/mesher Ark. I play ark the way it was meant to be played. Unofficial server with a lot less grind and a lot more fun. So no, I don't spend 99% of my time on a dino harvesting stone. And no, I don't facetank things or anything else just stupid. I activly go after every aspect of the game, missions, artifacts, bosses, storyline, and explore every part of the map, ride just about every dino I can find.

My armor gets shredded because I'm DOING things, and not spending 99% of my time harvesting stone like you do. Try doing a bog beatdown in Genesis and get back to me on he state of your armor.

And there are many situations when even on a dino, your armor will get shredded. But you'd have to do more than smack rocks to collect stone to find that out.

1 hour ago, MrHalloween said:

"u mean super op dinos" - exploit

ive had rexes with -126348763/20 i know

and its still an exploit, how can people be like...how dare people use exploits....then say nooo dont take away my super bred exploited dinos

it severly effects game balance and is unintended

Ahh integer overflow issue. Its not very effective way to breed as it can turn back to positive any generation you breed.

I think if they wanted to do this on their official servers that's fine, it would not be the first  or last limitation they apply to their servers, like the item quality clamping, or capping tamed dinos at 450.  for some reason they decided unofficials needed this too and couldn't police their own environments.

Archived