[v307.56] Green Circle/Ring - S+ Tek Trough Issues

Gelantious

21 hours ago, GP said:

Thought i'd just mention here that the green circle issue on modded troughs does not require a dev kit update and can be fixed by Modders.

The Modder behind SuperStructures (SS) which is the mod that took everything from S+ to continue development on it has resolved the green ring issue.

Our servers changed over from S+ to SS a few weeks ago, which is possible without losing any old S+ structures. Highly recommended if people want S+ development without losing anything.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1999447172

Confirmed, I just switched from S+ to SS, no more green ring. No structures lost. I also started using Dino Storage 2.0, which for PVE is awesome. Gone are the ugly cryopods and good riddance to cooldown. For PvE, I highly recommend it.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

So is this actually getting fixed anytime soon?

This green stain has been here for far long too already

There is nothing to fix. WC added a new feature. That feature broke a mod. That mod has to be updated, but is abandoned by its author. Either you grab the source of that mod and update it yourself, or you switch to another like suggested above.

On 3/22/2020 at 9:37 AM, invincibleqc said:

Wildcard didn't make any statement regarding this topic. Moderators are regular players that are voluntarily moderating the forums and are in no way speaking for nor representing Wildcard. With that said, please step back and analyze the situation for a second. You are using third-party content, content that is furthermore abandoned and no longer maintained nor supported by their original author. Just like anything else; mods are the ones that must keep up to remain compatible, not the opposite. The same way you wouldn't ask Microsoft to revert a Windows update because it broke your wallpaper extension; you would instead seek an update of that extension. Is it unfortunate when it happens? Yes. Is it Wildcard's responsibility to ensure third-party content compatibility? No. I'm sure they are careful and try as best as they can though, but there are times where breaking mods to expand the game will always be unavoidable. Is it one of them? Probably not. I would not be surprised if Wildcard introduce a workaround and fix this, but for now there is no statement about it.

No, but this was still one of the most wanted feature:

How about being thankful they are listening and implementing player's suggestions.

I enjoy when my suggestions make it into the game, 

Makes me laugh when people say, wild card doesn't listen to their fans or playerbase,, and I'm here like, trough circles, controller option to switch between first and third person, when you try and learn a higher tier engram, it asks you if you want to auto learn all the prerequisites, and finally mount dismount does not toggle structures on/off or access inventory on same button press but does open / close doors as priority :)

all great suggestions from one person, taken on board and implemented by wildcard

On 3/21/2020 at 10:11 AM, EzekielAmann said:

WildCard Quality Assurance Does Not Exist.

Seriously WildCard? You can't turn this crap off either. WILL YOU raptorING PLEASE START PLAYTESTING YOUR GODDAMN GAME???!!!!?!?! Its bad enough you release a broken ass product that has to be patched 5 times a day, but this is too much. Link: https://imgur.com/H4ES124

Before raging know what you're talking about. This has nothing to do with WC QA you nonce. Its not their job to QA mods. 

6 hours ago, willemstowi said:

for the green ring, we changed from s+ to super structures, just download the ss mod and change the s+ mod number with the ss number. works for us. all s+ structures are now ss strukters and the green ring is history.

Yeah, but I don't run the server.  Isn't there some modder out there that can look at the open source and fix it? All other bugs with S+ can be ignored and just played thru but this green ring thing is ridiculous.

17 hours ago, Jerryn said:

S+ still belongs to Orionsun, so only they can update that version.

As was pointed out, someone did take the open source code and started a mod that is a continuation of S+: Super Structures.

You should contact your server admin and point them to this mod:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1999447172

It includes instructions on how to migrate from S+ to Super Structures:  https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1999447172/3896114186158119258/

Not much they need to do, even if they are using the INI settings; a few settings need to be renamed.   I did on one of my servers without any issues.

ok...Thank You! I'll pass the info on to the server owner.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, RightousIndignation said:

Kind of a dodo move to shrug and say that's what you get for using mods that aren't being worked on anymore... especially when this isn't fixable even in mods that ARE still being worked on.  I'd ask if WC is paying you to suck them off like that, but I doubt they're that organized

It was previously mentioned above that other mods did take over the abandoned project and fixed the issue. This thread is now resolved.

Archived