[v307.56] Green Circle/Ring - S+ Tek Trough Issues

Gelantious

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Probitas said:

My current s+ works fine, just had to relearn engrams again. Pita, as it was unexpected, but what else is new with these guys? At this point, I'm just amazed I can still launch the game.

thats good to hear mate  , is a bit frustrating when we get hit by updates that mess with the mods but it would be hard to get it all correct first hit the devs have a huge game to try and balance out and they do a great job overall as well as out modders , hope they can get genesis under control now its very unstable after the patch 

But that's just how WC is... They're just like 99% of companies out there... "Buy our s*** and f*** your opinions cuz we don't care as long as you morons keep buying haha"... Honestly... I'm getting so fed up with their crap that I may as well not even play this game anymore. Every update screws something up and all they ever do is add more broken content and never fix anything. It flat out gives real game designers a bad name...

24 minutes ago, KageKnight said:

But that's just how WC is... They're just like 99% of companies out there... "Buy our s*** and f*** your opinions cuz we don't care as long as you morons keep buying haha"... Honestly... I'm getting so fed up with their crap that I may as well not even play this game anymore. Every update screws something up and all they ever do is add more broken content and never fix anything. It flat out gives real game designers a bad name...

Well the focus on consoles would seem to indicate they are trying to fleece a new crowd of people who don't read reviews nor have high standards for end use. Hard to believe SONY would even allow this to happen, except the PC crowd is likely being used by WC as their Unofficial Official test bed for console live.

I don't usually do forums and what not, but the sudden green circle got me confused so i ended up here. But since i am, and since obviously someone here can make official statements, i'd like you to know you made a bad mistake. Not necessary with the stupid green circle, but with your response to the community. As stated before, it's not an issue to fix, yet you gave everyone a royal "screw you" statement. Saying you don't care if the mod is broken is one thing. You saying you don't care a mob is broken that happens to be the saving grace of ARK's building system is another. 

And since we are already being this honest, i will tell you, ARK's building system is a royal screw up. Way too many glithces, bugs and incosistencies that it's rediculous. I don't remember using a vanilla structure if i had even the slight choice, again, for obvious reasons.

So please, please, please stop killing the game. I'm already tired of having to float around for 10 minutes every time i bloody dismount because you just had to implement an indicator for an indicator.

P.S. I went trough the whole damn "retrive password" annoyance to write this, as a person who couldn't trow 2 f***s usually. You're on way tinner ice than you expect.

• Volunteer Moderator
45 minutes ago, RoyHess666 said:

You should remember what you and/or your fellow volunteer moderators wrote here and you represent the devs, right?

My posts represent my own thoughts as a player like the rest of you. It is also commonsense to understand that a Modder accepts the fact that their Mod(s) could become broken with any core game update until the Dev Kit is updated. Ask any modder and i'm sure they will agree that they understand this before creating their mods. Now that is not saying it is their fault at all, unless you don't understand the definition of "fault".

I'm sure the Devs do their best to not break Mods, but the only way they can ensure 100% that they do not break mods is by NEVER updating the game.

I fail to see how anyone can not understand that. Yet instead you try and spew lies about official responses saying it's the modders fault when not a single person has said it is the modders FAULT.

Weird green circle

After last patch i have a werid green circle around my s+ tek trough, before patch there was no green circle. I play on pve i like to build base.

And this 3ffyvA0.jpg is realy annoying.

Satisfactory got a new update, now seems i have time to try it because the green circle is there even day after the patch came out.

36 minutes ago, GP said:

My posts represent my own thoughts as a player like the rest of you. It is also commonsense to understand that a Modder accepts the fact that their Mod(s) could become broken with any core game update until the Dev Kit is updated. Ask any modder and i'm sure they will agree that they understand this before creating their mods. Now that is not saying it is their fault at all, unless you don't understand the definition of "fault".

I'm sure the Devs do their best to not break Mods, but the only way they can ensure 100% that they do not break mods is by NEVER updating the game.

I fail to see how anyone can not understand that. Yet instead you try and spew lies about official responses saying it's the modders fault when not a single person has said it is the modders FAULT.

Yes, you fail to see how this has anything to do with anything. All life would go fine how it was was the damn circle never included. Meanwhile, scorched is a dead map, abberation and extinction have their fair share of flaws, the AI has never been updated and instead we have walking rocks.

But no, go ahead, a green circle is exactley what the game needs.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, kittyfreax said:

But since i am, and since obviously someone here can make official statements, i'd like you to know you made a bad mistake. Not necessary with the stupid green circle, but with your response to the community.

Wildcard didn't make any statement regarding this topic. Moderators are regular players that are voluntarily moderating the forums and are in no way speaking for nor representing Wildcard. With that said, please step back and analyze the situation for a second. You are using third-party content, content that is furthermore abandoned and no longer maintained nor supported by their original author. Just like anything else; mods are the ones that must keep up to remain compatible, not the opposite. The same way you wouldn't ask Microsoft to revert a Windows update because it broke your wallpaper extension; you would instead seek an update of that extension. Is it unfortunate when it happens? Yes. Is it Wildcard's responsibility to ensure third-party content compatibility? No. I'm sure they are careful and try as best as they can though, but there are times where breaking mods to expand the game will always be unavoidable. Is it one of them? Probably not. I would not be surprised if Wildcard introduce a workaround and fix this, but for now there is no statement about it.

28 minutes ago, kittyfreax said:

But no, go ahead, a green circle is exactley what the game needs

No, but this was still one of the most wanted feature:

How about being thankful they are listening and implementing player's suggestions.

So you are saying out of all suggestions, you had to pick the one that does absolutley the same thing as the little icon above the dinos head? I must say it's impressive. What's next, 3 buff icons to show when it's raining?

Like i said, if the Wc would get their heads out of their butts and start by fixing the game instead of adding something that serves absolutley no purpose, we wouldn't have any of this because the state of the game would be better.

But no. Green circle because the game itself doesn't teach you what the icons mean.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, kittyfreax said:

So you are saying out of all suggestions, you had to pick the one that does absolutley the same thing as the little icon above the dinos head? I must say it's impressive. What's next, 3 buff icons to show when it's raining?

There is a clear difference between the 2 mechanics. The icon won't tell you from which trough a specific creature is eating from, while the beam will tell you exactly which creatures that specific trough is reaching. Regardless, there is too much salt in this thread and I have better things to do so... I'm out; enjoy! ?

13 hours ago, GP said:

The only way for WC to not break mods is two options.

1. Remove the entire Mod Workshop
  2. Never update the game

Which choice suits you, because I can tell you now that ALL Modders accept the fact that their mod may become broken after core game updates until the Dev Kit is released.

So you are implying that there is no possible way to add a visual range indicator to vanilla feed troughs without breaking modded ones? Or no way around changing existing ItemID's? I understand that sometimes core changes will break existing mods, but some care and probably more importantly,  quicker dev kit updates go a long way... But I also know that's out of your control as you have nothing to do with any of it ;)

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, danhimanez said:

So you are implying that there is no possible way to add a visual range indicator to vanilla feed troughs without breaking modded ones?

No i'm not saying that. I'm saying that updates to the game will always have a chance of breaking a mod until the dev kit is released or the modder can fix it without the dev kit, or of course the devs fix it their side.

What I was saying was that the only way the devs can guarantee they won't break mods is by the two options I listed earlier.

40 minutes ago, danhimanez said:

It was probably added to appease the console gamers that don't have workshop content....

Assumed that much, but as seen previously, updates for two platforms can be very much seperate. The responses i am getting is like we're back in '93 with games just popping in thin air.

Yet we still got a green circle.

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

There is a clear difference between the 2 mechanics. The icon won't tell you from which trough a specific creature is eating from, while the beam will tell you exactly which creatures that specific trough is reaching. Regardless, there is too much salt in this thread and I have better things to do so... I'm out; enjoy! ?

Aboslutley pointless. You can check that by looking in the trough and seeing if the food is going down. Or by grouping your dinos like most normal people do. I get your point, but you should stop making it. It was a bad move that should been withdrawn the moment the bug was shown and made optional. This is pure disregard for your money cows and right now i feel like the money i spent on dlcs to back the game (even tho i had more than a dandy time without all that) is wasted. It's normal for bugs to appear after updates, but a half assed team would isolate the bug or get rid of it if it's not fixable. The change to the feeding trough, like i already said, did nothing for anyone with a common IQ above 3. Would of been cool if the important things got fixed, but instead...

We got a green circle.

Man i just simply can't belive how incapable u guys are...since yesterday ark forum / reddit / even STEAM threads are full of this green circle thing and u still can't at least say something reliable about this thing u guys all know how poop ur ''building'' system is THAT IS WHY almost everybody plays with fkin S+ and u know that why in the name of the god u would do something to ruin that mod..well at least for now... it was that hard after all that backfire u got tot just simply say u're gonna remove it or fix?? u guys really want to get blame by every player? 

And let's say that they don't agree with mods anymore even if its a total nonsense . But they rather go for that green annoying thing instead of FIXING real problems are u for real???

There are some real problems with this entire game and they haven't fix them yet... Getting stuck in structures (and yes vanilla ones not S+ ones) / that fly creatures that u need to aim just in head or body otherwise they get 0 dmg / getting glitched into map / getting dinos glitched into map and list goes on... but hey good thing we've made a green annoying circle for S+ users !

Anyways did u guys check anymore Primitive Plus ? or is it still dead....just as i thought .

U can consider this a toxic/negative review but i just love playing ark and i want these developers to do something usefull or DON'T do anything that can ruin our bases and etc.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Jerseyetr said:

Any way to fix this or are we stuck dealing with it until Devkit or Ark gets an update?

The only way you can fix it yourself for the time being is to replace your modded Tek Troughs with vanilla tek troughs.

Beyond that you'll have to wait for either the Devs to fix it, or for the Dev Kit to be updated for Modders to update their Mods.

Archived