[v307.56] Green Circle/Ring - S+ Tek Trough Issues

Gelantious

49 minutes ago, dcdev said:

So is WC no longer integrating S+ into Ark? Is that project dead now too? Hasn't been any activity here for a while now:

If WC isn't going to continue integrating it, can they at least do their best not to break it? The regular Tek feeding troughs range is tiny. I have a large base with a couple hundred dinos roaming freely in a fenced off area, if I was to switch to regular troughs I would need to increase from 10 total to close to a hundred to get the same coverage. 

I'd fix it myself but I need to buy a new SSD to fit the devkit on it (which is nuts btw, half a terabyte between game and kit) first.

Don't think they are adding anymore S+ features into Ark. S+ is also no longer getting updated.

There is however a mod called SuperStructures which aims to integrate and update on the current S+. The devkit hasn't been updated with any Genesis stuff atm so anything Genesis related (and anything that broken since launch) can't be fixed until it is.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that they did NOT default this to off. Make the property for this new feature private or protected in the parent object. Make it non-inhertiable. Do something or free OrionSun up to patch S+, the most widely used mod in the entire game. Fairly sure I read that OrionSun was working with Wildcard now. That is why he open-sourced S+.

Also, some advice. Fix the green ring to show the real range. My S+ trough shows some tiny range which wouldn't feed anything. It actually feeds dinos about three times farther out. The ring doesn't even work and is likely hard-coded to some specific radius.

14 minutes ago, gojinki said:

Don't think they are adding anymore S+ features into Ark. S+ is also no longer getting updated.

There is however a mod called SuperStructures which aims to integrate and update on the current S+. The devkit hasn't been updated with any Genesis stuff atm so anything Genesis related (and anything that broken since launch) can't be fixed until it is.

Yeah I'm aware of all that, thanks though. Progress seems to be very slow on SS, that's my main gripe with it so far, so I haven't switched. Anyways, I ordered myself a new SSD. I have a lot of experience with UE4 so hopefully I'll be able to get in there and fix things soon.

It's just a bit annoying they keep beginning work on adding new things and then end up abandoning them, like procedural maps, the s+ integrations, etc.  Most of the features in S+ should be in the base game, makes building so much better. S+ even has a "Show range" feature, they could have modeled it off that so it wouldn't break S+ (the range display is such an easy thing to add to a blueprint...).

So is there a way to get rid of that green circle on S+ on my ark server we play on the island no other dlc's cuz we're poor but only 1 friend that has genesis has that green circle effect is a genesis specific thing i mean we will not get affected by it if we don't have any dlc's right also is there a way so we can help our friend get rid off this green circle?

10 minutes ago, dcdev said:

Yeah I'm aware of all that, thanks though. Progress seems to be very slow on SS, that's my main gripe with it so far, so I haven't switched. Anyways, I ordered myself a new SSD. I have a lot of experience with UE4 so hopefully I'll be able to get in there and fix things soon.

It's just a bit annoying they keep beginning work on adding new things and then end up abandoning them, like procedural maps, the s+ integrations, etc.  Most of the features in S+ should be in the base game, makes building so much better. S+ even has a "Show range" feature, they could have modeled it off that so it wouldn't break S+ (the range display is such an easy thing to add to a blueprint...).

It's not that the dev for SS is slow at updating, it's that nothing can be updated until WC updates the devkit.

Think the S+ integration is complete, they just didn't want to add anymore of the features which I agree is a shame they didn't.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, EzekielAmann said:

WildCard Quality Assurance Does Not Exist.

Seriously WildCard? You can't turn this crap off either. WILL YOU raptorING PLEASE START PLAYTESTING YOUR GODDAMN GAME???!!!!?!?! Its bad enough you release a broken ass product that has to be patched 5 times a day, but this is too much. Link: https://imgur.com/H4ES124

They can't QA mod content. This is an issue with modded Tek Troughs not vanilla tek troughs.

And why my engrams got wiped with this patch? So fun to go around all the maps (AGAIN) to learn all the stuff again just to be wiped again soon...

When Ark break modded stuff i remember why i modded my game in the first place. Why use one trough when you can use twenty? Ark performance is great overall, lets put 20x more structures in the area!

The update says it's for Tek troughs, not the others, so clearly I think someone got lazy in the coding area and applied it to all of them. I have no idea why they thought a visual had to be added, it's not like people can't already LOOK for the one that still exists on the dinos (seriously, how many indicators does this game NEED for one structure???!). This is a stupid idea designed to normalize laziness in gamers.

The update says it's for Tek troughs, not the others yet I have this on a s+ Feeding Trough, not the Tek version, so clearly I think someone got lazy in the coding area and applied it to all of them. I have no idea why they thought a visual had to be added, it's not like people can't already LOOK for the one that still exists on the dinos (seriously, how many indicators does this game NEED for one structure???!). This is a stupid idea designed to normalize laziness in gamers.

I'd like to point out too that the respec they forced on official servers also reached out to solo games, because my character was respec'd as well. I am going to try and rebuild the troughs just to see if that fixes that stupid green circle issue.....Nope, it did not.

16 minutes ago, l4m3r said:

They know that s+ is on 90% off all servers that are not official. So so yes they can and they have too!

I think WC believes they know better than anyone how people should play their game, why else take over mods and make sweeping changes with no thought as to how that would affect the game for Unofficial server players - who I should like to point out outnumber official servers by a factor of 10 at least. It's like they are trying to piss people off.

29 minutes ago, Probitas said:

The update says it's for Tek troughs, not the others yet I have this on a s+ Feeding Trough, not the Tek version, so clearly I think someone got lazy in the coding area and applied it to all of them. I have no idea why they thought a visual had to be added, it's not like people can't already LOOK for the one that still exists on the dinos (seriously, how many indicators does this game NEED for one structure???!). This is a stupid idea designed to normalize laziness in gamers.

I think it's come from console players requesting stuff they've seen on youtube etc, it's been near the top of the suggestion forum for months, the feature itself is no big deal and I've never used it in all the time I've used S+, if the dinos have the trough icon then all's well so why the hell it's been implemented is beyond me?

I wouldn't be that bothered if it had been done right and didn't affect modded troughs but it's annoying as hell seeing those green circles around the base that I've had to convert them to vanilla, now the reason I use S+ troughs has nothing to do with the range, being able to view the range or the slot count, the main thing with them is being able to specify or exclude certain creatures from eating from them, comes in handy if you're raising babies and have velonasaurs on turret mode, exclude them from the babies troughs and you don't have to worry about them emptying it in seconds, same with healing after a boss fight, exclude the daedon so it only eats from it's inventory or troughs you want it to eat from, same for babies that only eat fish, whenever you put fish into a trough you always hear nearby dinos eating straight away, they love the stuff and always eat it first because it's a stupid alphabetical issue that has been present since forever, this is a proper QOL fix that should've been done, not some stupid circle that there's already an indicator for

3 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

I think it's come from console players requesting stuff they've seen on youtube etc, it's been near the top of the suggestion forum for months, the feature itself is no big deal and I've never used it in all the time I've used S+, if the dinos have the trough icon then all's well so why the hell it's been implemented is beyond me?

I wouldn't be that bothered if it had been done right and didn't affect modded troughs but it's annoying as hell seeing those green circles around the base that I've had to convert them to vanilla, now the reason I use S+ troughs has nothing to do with the range, being able to view the range or the slot count, the main thing with them is being able to specify or exclude certain creatures from eating for them, comes in handy if you're raising babies and have velonasaurs on turret mode, exclude them from the babies troughs and you don't have to worry about them emptying it in seconds, same with healing after a boss fight, exclude the daedon so it only eats from it's inventory or troughs you want it to eat from, same for babies that only eat fish, whenever you put fish into a trough you always hear nearby dinos eating straight away, they love the stuff and always eat it first because it's a stupid alphabetical issue that has been present since forever, this is a proper QOL fix that should've been done, not some stupid circle that there's already an indicator for

Make some basic kibbles up and force feed them enmasse to your daedon. 100 food each and no timer. That's what dodos are good at, making eggs for basic kibbles.

Unfortunately MODs aren't looked at, when SF is "developing" their game and they blame it to the modder if there is anything broken (that clearly worked perfectly fine before this latest update).
Even though such a widely used MOD such as S+ isn't even tested with their new update.

as @Probitas said, they wanna know it better.

for instance: A character reset on my own servers is quite annoying, the "patch notes" say Initiated a one-time forced respec of all characters on Official Servers but for some strange reason, Iam getting this forced respec on my servers too. I wish I could turn this off.

4 minutes ago, RoyHess666 said:

Unfortunately MODs aren't looked at, when SF is "developing" their game and they blame it to the modder if there is anything broken (that clearly worked perfectly fine before this latest update).
Even though such a widely used MOD such as S+ isn't even tested with their new update.

as @Probitas said, they wanna know it better.

for instance: A character reset on my own servers is quite annoying, the "patch notes" say Initiated a one-time forced respec of all characters on Official Servers but for some strange reason, Iam getting this forced respec on my servers too. I wish I could turn this off.

I wish they'd stop making dumb statements that clearly don't pass basic testing at end user level - my solo game got a forced respec, so I'm fairly sure they all did. Interesting to know that WC obviously considers the entirety of Unofficial servers Official. Or the coder barely passed his courses.

8 hours ago, GP said:

That's the problem unfortunately of using Mods that are no longer in development.

Ya perhaps but it sucks when they make breaking changes so only actively maintained mods have any chance of future use... Lately many changes they made since genesis have trashed half the unmaintained mods on the workshop that otherwise still worked fine...

Trough range visual bug

So I noticed after last night's update that all my S+ feeding troughs now show the (incorrect) range as a very bright, very large green circle (it's delineating the vanilla trough range, though the S+ trough is larger). No way to turn it off, and it's distracting as hell. I imagine it has something to do with the addition of the ability to turn on the range of the Tek trough; though why it's affecting the S+ troughs I don't know. Can someone please fix this, or tell me how to turn them off? It's incredibly annoying.

so it seems all s+ mods are not working at present all the crafting equipment wont show any folders up top to build so back to vanilla or another supported mod ? or maybe just roll our servers back to before the update and just don't install it , update on my end the s+ works not using the troughs as for the green rings but other than that all good 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, danhimanez said:

Ya perhaps but it sucks when they make breaking changes so only actively maintained mods have any chance of future use... Lately many changes they made since genesis have trashed half the unmaintained mods on the workshop that otherwise still worked fine...

The only way for WC to not break mods is two options.

1. Remove the entire Mod Workshop
  2. Never update the game

Which choice suits you, because I can tell you now that ALL Modders accept the fact that their mod may become broken after core game updates until the Dev Kit is released.

2 hours ago, Probitas said:

I wish they'd stop making dumb statements that clearly don't pass basic testing at end user level - my solo game got a forced respec, so I'm fairly sure they all did. Interesting to know that WC obviously considers the entirety of Unofficial servers Official. Or the coder barely passed his courses.

The worst part is that this change does not add anything but particularly "break" a bit more S+ (and funny as well, because they break S+ copying one of his features LOL). Ark already is a clusterf@#! of nameplates and useless information in bold letters everywhere. You can already see the range in trough using dinos - but nooo, is not enough, lets put a GIANT green circle for a 10m range tek trough because they need more unnecessary clutter in the screen.

3 hours ago, GP said:

The only way for WC to not break mods is two options.

1. Remove the entire Mod Workshop
  2. Never update the game

Which choice suits you, because I can tell you now that ALL Modders accept the fact that their mod may become broken after core game updates until the Dev Kit is released.

Here's an idea, update the Dev Kit, which they must use to make any changes to live, and release that at the same time. Too hard to do? Or is sausageing over the customer a perk of working at WC? As a matter of fact, if they are not updating the Dev Kit as they make changes so they can do this, who the hell is running the game over there? Keystone Cops?

3 hours ago, outbackjack said:

so it seems all s+ mods are not working at present all the crafting equipment wont show any folders up top to build so back to vanilla or another supported mod ? or maybe just roll our servers back to before the update and just don't install it , update on my end the s+ works not using the troughs as for the green rings but other than that all good 

My current s+ works fine (with the exception of the stupid green circle telling me what the dino icons already did - duplication of effort ((whatever happened to working smarter, not harder?))), just had to relearn engrams again. Pita, as it was unexpected, but what else is new with these guys? At this point, I'm just amazed I can still launch the game.

I also just checked S+ discussion of this, and it seems it's exactly like I thought, some coder pushed the update at the wrong item in the Kit, and it's broke the trough in S+ because the default of OFF is clearly incorrect, apparently it's defaulted to ON. Fix your poop WC.

3 hours ago, outbackjack said:

My current s+ works fine, just had to relearn engrams again. Pita, as it was unexpected, but what else is new with these guys? At this point, I'm just amazed I can still launch the game.

Archived