Ark: Hell reboot

CrimsonRegen

Ark: Hell reboot

This is a dedication to an idea I brainstormed at 1:00 A.M while under Quarantine. Please give me some feedback. This idea was to make Ark seem more of a challenge than just a grind.

First off this entire rule set is a work in progress and will be indefinitely.

Set the difficulty to 1.0
Dino damage to 1.5( it's a dinosaur for raptors sake)

Player damage to .75(you are only human)

Structure damage to 2.0(sharpen those spikes!!)

Player resistance to 1.25( again you are only human)

Dino resistance to .75( again it's a dinosaur for raptors sake)

Structure resistance to .5( haven't you seen some of the amazing poop humans have made?)

Xp multiplier to 2.0( pressure makes diamonds)

Taming speed to 2.0( if they don't listen then give them the stick!!!)

Dino harvest damage to a 3.2( for the uptenth time it's a raptoring dinosaur)

Disable third person camera( this is supposed to be realistic- ish)

Enable global voice chat( iron lungs screaming banshee)

Enable proximity text chat ( damn telepathics)

Notify player left(damn telepathics)

Notify player join( damn telepathics)

Disable crosshair( no aimbot, you hackers!!)

Enable hardcore mode (there is no going back, so YOLO)

Disable friendly fire( always keep your back to a wall)

Disable downloads( all of them you cheat)

Enable maximum difficulty ( just because you are a low level don't make the dinosaurs low level)

Enable disable structure placement collision ( there aren't any architects here)

Enable allow multiple platform floors( again this is so weird for not being default)

Enable allow multiple respecs( if you can do it)

Go to advanced settings

Allow tribe war( so you all can suffer together with your enemies)

Enable allow cave building ( again this should be default)

Enable allow flyer carry( this can be broken)

Set lay egg interval to 1.5( give the bitch a break, literally)

Set mating interval to 1.5( . . . Who has this kind of drive for a 1.0 version????)

Set item decomposition time to 10.0 ( is the world slowly dissolving everything?)

Set the corpse decomposition time to 10.0( this isn't some fantasy magic bullpoop)

The goal is to start on the island then slowly move to other maps after defeating all the bosses on that map.

That's all that needs changed, don't mess with any setting not mention and leave all values not mentioned to default- thanks for listening to my bullpoop_CrimsonRegen

3 hours ago, CrimsonRegen said:

Disable third person camera( this is supposed to be realistic- ish)

Enable global voice chat( iron lungs screaming banshee)

Can you hear me screaming across the globe about how these points contradict each other?

4 hours ago, CrimsonRegen said:

The goal is to start on the island then slowly move to other maps after defeating all the bosses on that map.

Won't be possible because you allowed cave blocking.

All in all seems like artificial difficulty to me. You can use mirrored evo event values and that already would make you suffer a lot if that was your goal.

If you are going for realism then how about crops growing for months or your character staying in bed for few weeks after dino bite? Also scrap industrial tier and everything above - you just can't make a jet from a rock and 2 sticks.

But maybe that's just me. you can always run these settings on your server, invite some people and see how it goes.

7 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

Can you hear me screaming across the globe about how these points contradict each other?

Won't be possible because you allowed cave blocking.

All in all seems like artificial difficulty to me. You can use mirrored evo event values and that already would make you suffer a lot if that was your goal.

If you are going for realism then how about crops growing for months or your character staying in bed for few weeks after dino bite? Also scrap industrial tier and everything above - you just can't make a jet from a rock and 2 sticks.

But maybe that's just me. you can always run these settings on your server, invite some people and see how it goes.

That would be a great idea but I'm currently staying at a friend's place and the internet is lacking in speed to say the least. I ran it a bit on singles and I found it enjoyable and I was doing this to see how I could improve it.

Archived