Specific admin commands

So ive been having an issue with admin commands lately. I cant use gfi or giveitemnum. The text just vanishes like i never typed it. I use single player for creative free play not grinding. can this be fixed please?

I love the game and have high hopes for it. I cant wait for genesis part two. Keep doing what you do best.

I am having the same problem on my unofficial server cluster, confirmed that gfi and giveitemnum are not working on Genesis, Aberration, or Ragnarok since the latest Xbox update. As soon as I hit enter after typing the command in the box, it disappears without giving me the chance to use the button to execute the command. Color commands that involve a region that the target dino does not use are also disappearing from the command box. I am definitely entering the correct admin password and seeing other commands work properly. I do use these commands to refund player items lost due to game and server bugs and would like to be able to continue this policy, hope it is fixed soon!

GFI codes aren’t working

When I type in gfi codes i.e gfi metalboots 1 0 0 and then hit return so I can hit the admin command button the text box goes blank and the command is useless. Is there any way to fix this?? I can use admin commands to give experience to mounts and my player I can change time of day but I just can’t give items. This is on single player.  

The workaround that I've found is using giveitemset, givearmorset, giveresources. There may be more that aren't coming to mind right now but at least this gives you a place to start looking. Hopefully gfi and giveitemnum commands get fixed soon, the workaround commands are definitely not as exact.

Admin console entry issues

When typing any admin command into the game, if the command has a parameter value of 1, it will not print on the command console, leaving the text entry line blank, so the command doesn't work.

Examples:

Settargetdinocolor 0 14 - works fine.

Settargetdinocolor 1 14 - doesn't work.

Gfi argentavissaddle 2 100 0 - works.

Gfi argentavissaddle 1 100 0 - doesn't.

Gfi argentavissaddle 2 1 0 - doesn't.

Gfi argentavissaddle 2 100 1 - doesn't.

Tested across multiple Xbox ones, and multiple profiles.  Definitely something in the game.  Help?

Posted (edited)

Actually, gfi works kinda. Just use a quantity or quality of more than 1.  Gfi metalboots 2 0 0 will work.  Also, this "Can not use a value of 1" problem affects EVERY admin command I have tried. Settargetdinocolor cannot do region 1 or color 1. Etc. Any other values work.

Edited by AstraelNoxian

1 hour ago, AstraelNoxian said:

cheat Settargetdinocolor 1 14 - (You need to check to see if the dino youre coloring has that region id available)

cheat gfi ArgentavisSaddle 1 1 0 (first number is quantity, second number is quality,  third number has two options, 0 or 1. 0 = non blueprint, 1 = blueprint)

Try adding "cheat" before it when using commands for an online server. All gfi needs cheat before it and most other regular commands need admincheat before it

GET RID OF CENSORING, its getting worse with every update

I Can't see any general Ark Bug Reports here so I'm just gonna leave this here:
Censorship of Words and Numbers have been getting progressively worse with each update, Some Commands can't be Typed anymore (Example: Cheat SetTargetDinoColor 1), I'm gonna put in some of what can't be said currently in the Xbox Chat:
Biome
Narcotics

FEEL FREE TO ADD TO THE LIST IN COMMENTS GUYS

This needs to be addressed, Minecraft let's you speak Freely without being censored, so why can't your game, Figure it out with Microsoft, cause this is getting ridiculous! 

Xbox | Console Command 'GFI' and 'giveitemnum' Not Working

Self explanatory the command to do Cheat gfi and giveitemnum are not working for Xbox and maybe the same for PS4 but I don't know since I don't have one, only the Xbox. It's the numbers is mostly the problem but I can put in a number into 'Quantity' but after that to Quality then it will go completely blank the moment you a number into 'Quality'. Even tried to "Enter Command" to see if it did work but it didn't, just blank. So this could be reoccurring old bug from the past or I have to wait for the other two updates for Extinction and Aberration to get finish then maybe I can use the 'gfi' and 'giveitemnum' again. Might be the cause since they haven't finish updating just yet, Extinction is at 1/4 of the update done and Aberration is in queue for the moment.

But if I still can't do the command 'gfi' or 'giveitemnum' even Extinction and Aberration gets finished updating then it looks like there will be another update for ARK itself and its Story Maps and Custom Maps, just to fix them. Also I have tested it and those commands still do not work at this moment of time in my report when tested.

But for the people who have console, Xbox and PS4, has this effect y'all as well and if so hope everyone can contribute to getting my report to be sent to Wildcard but it's not affecting y'all then I just have to be patient to let the update finish. If I do re-edit my report then I'm confirming that it's still not letting me do the command but if I don't re-edit my report, then I might delete this report and say the it's no longer a bug.

• Like 1

Just got the same problem. I try spawning structures in, I type the admin command for example “gfi tekgateframe_large 1 1 0”, but after I enter it in and go to activate the command the text goes blank. Then I tired to enter the command bit by bit. The farthest it will let me go is “gfi tekgateframe_large 1”. I’m thinking it could have something to do with this last few updates. 

playing on xbox 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FullyTorqued99 said:

Update:

I can use some commands like force tame, give engrams and spawning Dinos. Still can’t spawn in items like structures and saddles going to try some other items. 

Did you get it to work yet...? I’m having the exact same issue the command shows up until I add on the last “0 0”. Like every command that doesn't need numbers is showing up. (Xbox one)

Edited by Elmanono

Admin commands disappearing

I just purchased a server for my xbox. I type in my password to unlock the admin commands and then when I type the command in the admin command box and press enter the words disappear and the admin command doesn't work. It only does this for tools, weapons, and structures but will work for animals, flying, etc. It worked perfectly fine on my private server so I'm not sure why it's not working on my new one. I have tried restarting the game, restarting the server, and restarting my xbox and yet nothing is working. IN DESPERATE NEED OF FIGURING OUT WHY IT'S DOING THIS!!

Admin commands bar blank after typing

Started happening tonight, I was on my single player server and typed in a command... it typed ok in both smartglass and the console, but when I hit to enter, the bar becomes blank and text disappears.

Happening on non-dedicated server, single player & a Nitrado server. Also happened to 2 other tribe members tonight. Only once did I get it working when in single player and that was when i disconnected Xbox. Nat is set to open. But any Spawn commands disappear in the bar as soon as you try to apply it. Tried multiple router reboots and Xbox hard reset as well as clearing saved games etc but the command bar becomes empty again as soon as I copy/paste code on smartglass or type code in manually on Xbox.

Any one know the solution? 

Same issue with me and 2 tribe members, only started happening tonight.

ONLY work around so far for me is to type commands in when Xbox is disconnected from internet. As soon as I connect again, command bar goes blank after hitting the apply button.

however won't be the same for you to turn internet off as it was a bought server.

Yeah, hope so @Zanzanagi.

And maybe grab some people in the Ark community and have them to get my report out, needs to be fixed someday so that Wildcard can sees this. Just imagine like taking 3 weeks  or 1 month later that Wildcard decides to see someone else reporting the same bug that I'm doing. But yeah I'll do the same to get others as well, wish us luck.