I'm playing single player on Xbox. I can't get admin commands to work. I can bring up the commands bar by pressing lb + rb + x + y but nothing happens when I put in a command. I've tried putting enablecheats also. 

What am I doing wrong?  Do I have to enable cheats on any setting prior to starting the local single player game? 

I have to be missing something???? Help! 

Guest DJRone89
23 minutes ago, Trfountain22 said:

I'm playing single player on Xbox. I can't get admin commands to work. I can bring up the commands bar by pressing lb + rb + x + y but nothing happens when I put in a command. I've tried putting enablecheats also. 

What am I doing wrong?  Do I have to enable cheats on any setting prior to starting the local single player game? 

Comment the command you're trying to input and we'll go from there

Any of them. I just want to be able to use them. I tried fly, God, summon. Nothing works when I type in the command bar. 

I tried fly, cheat fly, admincheat fly...nothing works. I tried the same with god. 

Just to be sure I'm doing it correctly.....

is it necessary to enable cheats on single player, local? I tried typing enablecheats into the bar and also tried admincheats.

I'm not playing on a server so I don't have a password. 

So I type the command in the bar, then highlight the blue admin command bar and push A. Nothing happens. I wait a few seconds and push resume, nothing happens. 

What am I doing wrong????? 

I tried using a cheat last night and ran into the same difficulty.  I made a big change in the game difficulty and typed in killwilddinos, nothing happened.  Is there something simple I am missing?  Appreciate any help provided!

Edited by RazerX

14 minutes ago, RazerX said:

I tried using a cheat last night and ran into the same difficulty.  I made a big change in the game difficulty and typed in killwilddinos, nothing happened.  Is there something simple I am missing?  Appreciate any help provided!

It's Destroywilddinos

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2018 at 3:44 PM, bubbasmith6891 said:

I have been having a similar problem. My problem is that it lets me see the admin cheat bar I can click it and it will bring up my keyboard, I type in a cheat such as "GMBuff" or something similar to it and press enter then nothing. The text remains blank and it acts like I never typed at all.

I'm having the same problem

On 8/3/2017 at 4:00 PM, Trfountain22 said:

Re: Admin Commands Single Player Local
write my thesis

I remember I used xbox smartglass a couple of years ago. The companion app helped generate commands. But now I use only AdminCheat. Check all the commands on Ign

Edited by RandyBonnette

I have the same problem on PS4 I can bring up the command bar, I can type God or infinite stats or GMBuff, but once I click admin command button nothing happens.  No box saying cheat worked, no sign cheat worked.  No max stats, can be killed by punching a log.  Everything I've read says in single player all you do is type the command.  Not working.  Type cheat first, not working.  Admincheat not working.  Playing single player, not on a dedicated server, not multiplayer.  So, what am I not doing?

Posted (edited)

I'm on PC in single player and in the past I've had no issues using commands. I recently was playing on Valguero and building using the commands: "god" "fly" and "gmc". After I placed down a few intersecting triangle roofs, my game crashed and after rebooting it, cheats no longer work. I've tried putting "admincheat" before other commands and I tried using "enablecheats" (both w/o quotes in the text bar) I don't want to reinstall the game, and when I try verifying the integrity of the game files via Steam, it doesn't load.

Edited by Alli1121

Posted (edited)

This is SO annoying!! The problem is not the text, I can type in the cheats and I can type in name of dinos the problem is when I press enter the text then dissappear as I didn't just write something. I just got my xbox one and this is ruining alot of the fun for me! I have no problems like this in other games, I also installed a remote control on my phone and this works in everything else but ark. When in ark it doesn't react at all. The weird thing is that when I deleted my player and started over suddenly it worked, and then same problem the next day. I just uninstalled the whole game and it didn't help at all. Is there really no solution to this?? The disable menu transitions is already unchecked and has been since I started. 

Edited by Katjak89
Type errors

Admin commands don't like numbers

Okay new update/patch thing and I'm trying to use admin commands trying to get a few things, namely the admin blink rifle, apparently the command box doesn't like the number 1 by itself. Here's what I mean I use the command: cheat gfi blink 1 0 0 the text doesn't get placed into the box, this is only if your trying to get 1 of the item any other number still works it is just the number 1 that it's kicking out. Don't think it's on xbox's part because before this patch hit it didn't kick out the command if number 1 in the 1 0 0 was present. And not really fond of pulling out my keyboard just to get one item, 1 it's a hassle to get set up and 2 it's too much of a temptation for my two year old who wants to play with daddy's things when he's not at home.