Wave Ray 64 and Whales spawning at start.

caleb68

Wave Ray 64 and Whales spawning at start.

Today i spawned on my boat at the start point of Wave Ray 64, and a Whale was there attacking the boats around it, I attempted to lead it away with my boat but failed, and barely made it back to the platform before the boat was destroyed. I used my hex to buy stuff to repair the boat, and while repairing it, I heard someone hitting my boat, so i went outside, and they go "Why did you lead whale to my boat", i replied "I didn't it was already here" ... after that they hopped in the ocean and swam away...

I couldn't believe I got accused of that,  but the point is why are whales spawning at the Wave Ray 64 Platform? not only that why will they chase you forever when on a raft?  I could always get away from them on the island when on a raft, but on genesis they never give up, they will pursue you forever.

I let everyone on the server know that a whale was there attacking the boats, and where it finally settled after hitting it a few times with a sword.  In fact after 2 hours the whale was still sitting at the spot the final ramp is for the race, just staying there not moving. 

Yes It was a wild one, level 1, 4.5k health, all i had to try to fight it with there were swords or pikes.

37 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

If you think animals at wave ray are bad dont play the volcano gally race or the rhino 500

i did the gally race, ran into several allo's and a magmasaur along the way,  did the rhino race as well and got stuck in a yuty. 

But those guys aren't right there where you start the race attempting to destroy you, where as in this case, coming in to a whale attacking the boats, mine included wasn't something expected at a race start nor something that should really happen.  If they want us to do the missions starting them should be semi safe.

The hell?! Before they broke the blitz the second time I was farming it and spent a lot of time in ocean without seeing a single leed. Was it added recently?

if leeds in ocean is a permanent solution, then that makes whole biome even more useless than before - platforms are broken and you can't really build a functional base on it, turtles will get attacked by every wild mofo around and as I was told will get killed by weakest fish infinitely circling around without being able to attack the enemy(if left to fight on its own), rafts will get destroyed by leeds and there is no beach to park them safely.

2 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

Since when do Basilosaurs attack something? o.O Or was it a tamed Astrocetus?

1 hour ago, Castlerock said:
2 hours ago, DomiDarko said:
Since when do Basilosaurs attack something? [emoji57] Or was it a tamed Astrocetus?

The whale they are referring to is the leedsichthys

yep the leeds, been so use to calling them whales from island map.

1 hour ago, deedoubleu said:

The hell?! Before they broke the blitz the second time I was farming it and spent a lot of time in ocean without seeing a single leed. Was it added recently?

if leeds in ocean is a permanent solution, then that makes whole biome even more useless than before - platforms are broken and you can't really build a functional base on it, turtles will get attacked by every wild mofo around and as I was told will get killed by weakest fish infinitely circling around without being able to attack the enemy(if left to fight on its own), rafts will get destroyed by leeds and there is no beach to park them safely.

yeah i hadn't seen the whales anywhere in the ocean until yesterday, I'd seen tons of mosa, tuso, anglers, sharks and eels but never a single whale.   If its not something that was added in, its something a GM spawned which is a crewl joke leaving it there sense the boats around that platform aren't blocking anyone from doing the mission.  Its obviously not from a mission, being the mission dino's despawn after the mission is completed or failed in the time limit, and that one had been there for over 2 hours.  I've been going there trying to find ways to improve my time on official to actually be able to do the alpha race on the server, still falling short on time though.

Archived