Critical Bug, Needs Urgent Patching. Engrams Scrambled.

Vas

Critical Bug, Needs Urgent Patching. Engrams Scrambled.

If you use Engram Whitelists, your engram list will become scrambled.

The details of the issue; bAllowSpecifiedEngrams=true in Game.ini, will cause your engrams to become scrambled.
Half of your engram overrides will be ignored as if they aren't there, many engrams you don't have suddenly become enabled, engram EP costs are randomized, engram levels are scrambled, some engrams will be disabled. In my case, the Stone Hatchet is gone, so if you start at level 1 and try to play the game, you can not progress any further, the game ends.

If you have this issue, I urge you to come forward. It has destroyed my server, and three other server owners have come forward in discord to tell me they also have the issue. There is no way to work around this, it is a base game issue. I have even removed all mods to try and see if it was mod related. It is not. I will attach my game.ini and gameusersettings.ini files to show that the INI files are set up properly.

unknown.png

Before you go suggesting that its because of mods, as I said, I tried without mods. Check the INI file, you'll see that the circled things are all in the wrong spots.

What appears to happen, is that these engrams are still unlockable at their actual levels, this appears to be a "visual" bug. This is also after I used a mindwipe to see if that'd do anything. I have done everything I can to diagnose and try to fix this, but it can't be fixed on my end. Wildcard must be the one to fix this. I have already bug reported this, but I need to draw more attention to this issue. My server is unplayable with this issue.

Before you suggest it, no I can not use Engram Blacklisting. If you blacklist more than 50 engrams, your engram tab starts to lag. If you blacklist 400+ engrams, you get 2FPS or less. Unplayably bad engram list. If I don't blacklist or whitelist, my engram menu is full of duplicate objects and spam. Over 600 spare engrams that do nothing and shouldn't be allowed in the server.

GameUserSettings.ini GameINI.zip

I have the same issue going on the server I host for a streamer and his audience, and due to the recent update, everything is a mish-mash as much as this thread. I reported that problem earlier but it does not seem to be addressed neither on twitter or here.

I hope this will get resolved soon because its been exactly 2 days.

We do NOT have this same issue but something similar.  All "hidden" engrams (specified in the config) are visible (still can not be learned) since the latest 307.43 patch.  Also , random engrams were not suppose to be hidden, are.  This seems to be largely affecting the S+ mod and its variants.  The only partial fix ive found was to remove all mods in the mod folder and clear the steamcmd cache as well.  this reinstalls the mods and the missing engrams are now visible again to be learned.  This hotfix ive outlined does NOT address the hidden engrams becoming visible however!

Ok, so to update people.

I followed the steps that some people are saying.

I deleted all steamcmd files except steamcmd.exe thus getting rid of steamcmd's cache.

I deleted all the mods in the mods folder for the server.

I redownloaded all the mods, validated the game. Started up the server.

Same exact issue, engrams are still scrambled. Stone Hatchet, Tek Trough missing.
Tek ATV is now visible when it shouldn't be though it can't be learnt.
Some items from mods like the potions mod, are now blacked out as if from a DLC.
Engram Costs for things are changed based on where they appear at in the engram menu.
Level unlocks are totally scrambled.

From what I can see, the engram costs are whatever the engram replaces in the slot it took when it scrambled up. So the Tek Transmitter for example has a cost of 0 EP because it took slot 2 in level 1 where there's normally an SS Tool Gun that costs 0 EP and is auto unlocked.

It appears that things can't be unlocked if you don't have the required level for it, though it doesn't tell you an error or anything, it just does nothing. Things that are deleted like the Stone Hatchet, can't be unlocked, and thus if you start the game at level 1, you can not progress any further anymore. Several engrams are missing entirely making the game unplayable.

I've done all I can to try and fix this now. Its up to you Wildcard.

Was going to bring up a new server this morning and listing the engrams in a whitelist fashion. Our discord have voted on a map and everything. My ini is over 700 lines we did this on our test server and tested it pretty good too. I tried to reverse it and blacklist as well, fps dropped to 3 when looking at it and they were still messed up. Nothing to do but make noise and wait for a fix.

I run a massive RP community and this bug has completely rambled everything I went as far to adjust changes to the values and even try to rewrite the game.ini for bOnlyAllowSpecifiedEngrams=True entirely no avail. My last attempt I made a completely fresh server nothing added and tried with bOnlyAllowSpecifiedEngrams=True with vanilla entries still scrambled this is so annoying and brain rattling I actually thought "I" messed something up which I normally catch right away if I do but the last attempt with the fresh server proved it's a bug with the game itself..

I for some reason expect this to be some kind of April Fools joke, just to piss people off. One person who spent years setting up a personalized server quit the game forever yesterday after I told him this bug is base game and that he can't fix it, no one but Wildcard can. So he quit forever because his work was ruined. I mean a bit of an over-reaction but, you also can't expect Wildcard to fix something if it doesn't affect Official Servers. I doubt we'll even get a patch soon. Many people who are coming forward on discord about this issue don't post to the forums or file bug reports. So if 9 out of 10 people don't bug report or post to the forums, how is Wildcard supposed to know the problem is a critical one? This is why I keep pressuring people into posting and filing bug reports.

Honestly the bug report system here blows, it should be public so that people who have the same bug can click "I have this bug too" and report more details like we've been doing in this forum post here.

I have a cluster of 8 servers that are all having the same issue.

@NikouT, @Knightsgg, @Fusen, @Liryuu, @PathMkr, @Jinxibelle, can you guys all post your Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini configs and any other configs you may have customized? Please make sure to remove any secrets (passwords, etc). My hope would be that we can compare and contrast all of our configs and see if there is something else in common that is causing an issue. I've noticed on my server that there are other settings in Game.ini that are not working correctly, leading me to believe that the config is just not getting parsed correctly at all. 

There might not be anything we can do, but if we can pool our configs maybe we can come up with a way to at least mitigate the issue until Wildcard takes a look.

Also, might be important to list what mods were using here, as well as what server OS we're using. All of my servers are running the Linux dedicated server on Ubuntu. Here's my list of mods:

GameModIds=1999447172,812655342,1135049053,1675932178,1404697612

My Game.ini config is attached for reference.

Game.ini

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, Drekonan said:

Engram issue is resolved on my server, but all players have had a mindwipe and are reset back to level 85 (most were 105). Their max experience stayed the same, just stuck back at the wrong level. Any other having an issue with this as well?

You need to adapt your config for the new ascension. More details:

It does appear the bug was mostly fixed, however the Stone Hatchet is still missing. Its auto unlocked in my server at the level you get it, but its just not in the engram list at all even though it is in the INI files. I'm not sure why. Can anyone else confirm this too?

Apparently there's still some bad engram issues, a few things that shouldn't be. Rock Drake Tek Saddle is 0EP and able to be unlocked, so is Tek Sniper.

Archived