update Update Ark on Nintendo switch

SIRFORGE

I play the Switch version when in school, and to this day I still await the day when Wildcard gives Abstraction the thumbs up on updating the Switch port. It's a neat little version with so much potential. I'd hate to see it be put to waste. It doesn't really make sense to keep the Mobile version up-to-date, but leave the Switch version in the dust.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-03-21-how-they-got-ark-survival-evolved-working-on-switch#:~:text=This has been a good,during the Unreal keynote talk.

So Abstraction is the team that brought Ark to switch and it looks like it was slap together rush job, apparently Wildcard only requested that it was playable didn't ask them to ensure that SOLE PURPOSE of the games attraction was built into the game. In other words they didn't care to add more maps to the environment becuase they were only required to make it playable on one map. It also looks like they washed their hands of it. Abstaction is already looking to move to other projects rather than focusing on making Nintendo Switch Ark update the to include more maps and items. 

Try to look on the bright side.  Since wildcard abandoned Ark on Switch, there are no updates.  This probably doesn't sound like a good thing, so let me explain.

No updates means that when you buy this version, there are no downloads.  You can just pop it in and play.  If you ask me, the fact that all maps other than the Island have to be downloaded means that no one is interested in preserving them.  Which means they can't be all that good (just go along with me on this).

No updates means no patches.  No patches means that the game can't be screwed up any more than it already is.  Believe me, it could be a lot worse.

Also, the Switch version is, ironically, the most complete version of Ark you can buy that has an actual physical copy.  Sad, but true.

So be the fox, and tell yourself the grapes you can't reach are sour and not worth eating.  There is comfort in believing that what you can't have isn't worth having.

FYI- if you use the console command 'prevviewmode' once (yes, with two v's), it eliminates the shadows entirely.  The game looks more cartoony, but you'll have an easier time telling what's what.

Edited by ObstinateSparrow

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That's all wonderful news, now about that Switch release, is there any reason why we were not informed before you shut down all our servers? Our eggs? Babies? Projects in motion, absolutely mean nothing to you? Our time exceedingly and consistently wasted on this game for three straight years and you just still keep bringing the blows to us.

Edited by MaliciousBane
Misspell

Game is paused during shutdowns, I'm not worried about my babies.
They are not having emergency shutdowns/maintenances for pleasure without saying a word. It's like the 3 years silence around Switch state : they had a good reason to not speak about it (legally).
Probably the same here. We will have infos when they will be able to give us some infos. Just relax and enjoy the nice weather, we can easily replace babies 😄

16 hours ago, SidemanZGZ said:

Game is paused during shutdowns, I'm not worried about my babies.
They are not having emergency shutdowns/maintenances for pleasure without saying a word. It's like the 3 years silence around Switch state : they had a good reason to not speak about it (legally).
Probably the same here.

We will have infos when they will be able to give us some infos.  -- This is a ignorant lie

Game was not paused during shutdown. I doubt they have any good reason for being silent.

That's all wonderful news, now about that Switch release, is there any reason why we were not informed before you shut down all our servers? Our eggs? Babies? Projects in motion, absolutely mean nothing to you? Our time exceedingly and consistently wasted on this game for three straight years and you hust still keep bringing the blows to us.

There ya go Nintendo Switch customers, once again we are left out of yet another event, forgotten again. It's pretty common place for Wild Card to completely keep neglecting Nintendo Switch customers whilst trying to sell us yet another version that will be equally unsupported.  This has been a constant since Arks release 3 years ago on Nintendo Switch, expect it in the new release version as well.

Switch gets nothing again? Not even rates again? 2 and half hours everyone else is into the event, we planned for it, but we got nothing. What did Nintendo Switch owners do so wrong? To be constantly neglected? Besides purchase your product and be die hard fans through its brokeness?

Edited by MaliciousBane
Mispell

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So for obvious reason I refused to buy ark on switch, but now that it's being rebuilt in tomorrow's update, I'd like to know two things, 

1. Will the ultimate survivor edition for switch be available on a physical catridge.

2. If not, will there atl east be new cartridges made available with the new rebuilt version of the base game?

Thank you in advance

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Scipizoa said:

So for obvious reason I refused to buy ark on switch, but now that it's being rebuilt in tomorrow's update, I'd like to know two things, 

1. Will the ultimate survivor edition for switch be available on a physical catridge.

2. If not, will there atl east be new cartridges made available with the new rebuilt version of the base game?

Thank you in advance

Physical version will be coming but not at launch. They haven't given a date for when that will come yet, but they have said it will come.

As for whether physical version will be for the Ultimate Survivor Edition or not i'm not sure.

• Thanks 1

If you look at the page for the original version of the game on the Nintendo site, there is a link for DLCs. Click that and it will bring you to the Ultimate Survivor Edition.

They have it available now. You may not be able to see the updated graphics or Scorched Earth yet as the official time is 10am EST for launch, but it is at least there.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, lonegreywolf20 said:

If you look at the page for the original version of the game on the Nintendo site, there is a link for DLCs. Click that and it will bring you to the Ultimate Survivor Edition.

They have it available now. You may not be able to see the updated graphics or Scorched Earth yet as the official time is 10am EST for launch, but it is at least there.

I can find it on the US webpage but struggling with finding the relevant UK page.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...