What Is The Solution?

Crows

What Is The Solution?

It's difficult talking about this on these forums since the forum mods instantly lock and delete your topics whenever you mention this subject, but there is nowhere else to ask the community for suggestions on solutions with the duping epidemic, specifically on PS4.

I won't explain details but basically the meta on PS4, Ark Official PvP servers is:

1. Join a mega.
  2. Receive duped items/learn how to dupe/raid a base that contains duped items, since they're literally (seriously) duping inventory full of slot-capped items.
  3. Fly around with Tek suit (specifically jetpack) and throw thousands of cluster grenades to soak turrets.
  4. Mek rush bases with infinite back-up ready-made assembled Meks.

This is official PvP in a nutshell, and no, I am not exaggerating or dramatising, this is exactly what is happening and has been happening for months now.

Suggestions?

What do you suggest WildCard do to stop this? because there's already mountains worth of duped items on servers being hoarded, mainly by megas, and I imagine WildCard won't make the servers 'Legacy 2' again. They've made it so that duped tames with the same ID can't be uncryo'd, but with MEKs, they bypass it with ready-made ones, so how can WildCard combat that? how can they combat duped items, too? surely it's impossible to put a unique ID on each and every item, so I really don't know what they could do at this point and it's sad - after Genesis transfers open up, most bases are going to be hit by duped cluster grenade spam immediately.

6 hours ago, Markdh31788 said:

That’s not really the meta

It is though. If you're in any established tribe, you'll find out that it's the meta pretty quickly because anybody with a base is subject to cluster grenade spam, and funnily enough, hours after making this topic, our base after 6+ months has just been clustered, half of it is missing, and anti-cluster auto turrets were slot capped with ammo.

It's absolutely ridiculous how WildCard don't check who has literal vaults filled with duped cluster grenades, tek suits and meks. Such an incompetent company. 

Well said, @LEDminer. Something has to be done, it's so ridiculous, I mean look at this from last night...

These are the kind of dupers who're constantly clustering bases on almost any server they desire, and when we kill one, they come straight back with the same kit. Full Tek, even a 1741 durability tek chest ffs... and over the course of 4 days they have thrown over 3900 cluster grenades at our turrets. It's a constant bullet grind so we're forced to use autos since they shoot 1 at projectiles instead of 4, like heavies. We already lost a huge base on Extinction to it as well. 

SGGTU9r.jpg

And an ally was killing them too. You would think that these screenshots were from unofficial/boosted servers.. I actually wish they were. Official is so plagued by duping there's just no competition, especially to those who don't dupe, don't buy dupes or don't have connections to dupers. 

T3gFXSH.jpg

maida7h.jpg

Current ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: v307.56

Current Version: v307.56 - 3/20/2020

PvP Official Server Wipe for the following:

• TEK Suits (Chest, Leggings, Helm, Gauntlets, and Boots)
  • MEKs (MEK Attachments & Ammo included)
  • Cluster Grenades

Official Server Genesis wipe for the following:

• Tamed Reapers

Note: Any tamed MEK or Reaper that was in a cryopod now cannot be spawned when deploying that cryopod. You can either let it expire, or throw them out.

TEK Suits:

• Increased TEK Suit repair costs by approximately 20%
  • Wearing a full TEK suit will prevent you from being targeted by bees when opening a bee hive
  • Capped TEK Suit durability at 1500
  • TEK Suit repair costs now scale with quality

Omg, WildCard are actually fixing Ark! DILO! :o Please bring these patches to console ASAP :D 

2 minutes ago, covenantgrunt said:

Nerf cave bases. They are main reason why official pvp has become so dead. Nobody feels like playing the game when there are only caves or trees to raid.

Yeah, although the main reason many of us build in caves/trees is because of the duped cluster epidemic. Now that it's being fixed (hopefully) we should finally be able to build outside! 

Archived