Looting Old Body, fall damage, fixing content

Guitardemon17

Looting Old Body, fall damage, fixing content

I was wondering if they're going fix the fall damage, it's ridicules. Also there a way they could make a setting to keep player inventory, and not lose tamed animals, cause they keep disappearing, especially after player death. Or at the very least a mod or something. I can't keep playing like this, it's like one step forward then two steps back. 

15 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Fall damage is fine... I don't see any issues with it.

There's mods that let you retrieve your items from your corpse, such as the personal grave mod.

If your dinos are disappearing when you die, make sure they aren't on neutral and running after something that attacked them.

Well I keep dying over the smallest fall distance, plus I keep getting yeeted by direwolves on the side of a mountain.

Consoles don't have mods but pc does. 

As for the dire wolves on the mountain, stay off the mountain. Jk

What do you mean by small distance like say jumping down off a rex or falling off the top of a mountain assisted by dire wolves?

Do you put any points into health? Or is this a standard health from game start?

Dinos are usually not lost just where your body fell.

If you got knocked down a mountain by wolves the tames may have been further up fighting the wolves. 

There are trackers you can put in your Dino's inventory to locate them if you get separated.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Yeah, I get a nagging feeling that the game is calculating damaged based on speed, not by distance fell to the ground. If I crouch before falling off my bronto, Im perfectly fine when I hit the ground, but if Im hauling the mail and jump on lvl ground, I can kiss 10% of my health goodbye. >.>

There is a logic to calculating based on the speed, vs fall distance. First of all irl if you are sprinting and fall a small distance your horizontal velocity is probably responsible for most of your injuries... also this game includes things like glider suits and parachutes, things can slow or speed your horizontal and vertical velocities. If for example you jump off a quetzal at the top of the map and fall 500 (or how ever many meters) and in one case you deploy a chute, why would you want it calculated based on fall distance? Also with the glider suit you can dive bomb the ground and get extra damage for your stupidity lolz.

Archived