Cluster server start and travel mod

Morggin

Suggestion

Cluster server start and travel mod

Cluster server start through gateway

renderTimingPixel.png

What I was thinking of is a way to use something similar to the stargate portal mod and have it interact with the server OS to spin up another map that is staged but just not started. I have 6 maps in my cluster but would like to consider adding a few more instances. I think it may be a wiser use of hardware resources to only start and run a map if someone is going to be actively playing on it. So I was thinking what if there was some way to build a stargate like portal for each instance and when activated, it starts the server up, the letters on the dial turn green when the server is up and the travel pool flashes into existence and allows the traveler to walk through it and into another server on the cluster as if they did the travel option from one of the supply drops or an obelisk.

Another consideration would be like a hub map.  every person would start out on the hub and use some kind of switch in the hub map that starts up and activates another map server when they are ready to travel to it.  Maybe have some kind of visual representation that the specific map your wanting to travel to is up and operational. 

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived