My Pros and Cons of Genesis and How I'd Improve it

Kage360

My Pros and Cons of Genesis and How I'd Improve it

So I'm Gonna Start with The Pros and Then Go into the Negatives, after that I'll say How I'd Improve the Cons (At least to the Extent of Content I've Played so far as an Unofficial PVE Player and Server Host)
Pros
- Missions (It gives more things to do and adds a new twist the Game play)
- Separated Biomes (Allows for better Rendering because your not rendering the entire map all at once)
- The New Creatures (I love the New Creatures They bring a new way to play, I have found new Uses for All of them, There is a con I'll be getting into also about this)
- The New X Creature Skins (The Idea of the Different Skins for Each Creature for specific Biome is great, However This will be a con at the same time I'll be getting into)
- Ocean Platforms (Really opens up not for just Genesis but also the other maps for new Places to build and I just love the Idea of them)

Cons
- Mission Areas Take a lot of build able locations out of the Picture
- The Teleportation is very flawed cause things can just attack you while your still loading in, I can't imagine how bad that is for an Official PVP Server, I dread to think about it
- Lack of New Creatures, if you don't include the Microbe Swarms and Insect Swarms there are only 5 new Creatures, ONLY FIVE! Like Come on Scorched Earth and Aberration had 10+ Creatures Each
- Lack of X Creature Skins, Only some Creatures get Skins, I feel like this should be Expanded across all Biomes for every Creature
- There are No New Buildings Sets, Aside from the Ocean Platforms, I was really hoping for a New Material set to Build out of, Kind of sick of only having Thatch, Wood, Stone, Adobe, Metal, and Tek, I want more
- Can't grind mission loot, those Cancel Signs preventing you from Grinding up the Loot I think it one of the dumbest things ever, and it's a real kick in the face, like we spent time to do the mission to get this stuff and your telling me we can't grind up the stuff we worked to get and some of theses Missions are rather difficult, Especially the Alphas

How I would Improve the Cons
- Mission Areas, I would have made it so you would enter The Missions own play space instead of being in the world, Like Copy the Biomes and Place them under neath the map or something like that, you know a mirrored World for Missions
- Teleportation needs a way to protect you and your tames while Travelling to another Biome, Perhaps have a Temporary Impenetrable Bubble/Force field placed around the Player that only Allied Players and Tame can Enter
- More New Creatures, add another creature or two per Biome, I don't have any Specific Ideas yet
- Expand on The X Skins, That's all I can say
- Add New Building Sets to the Game I don't care if it their own Separate DLC or a Mod Added to the Game, I'm Xbox so were Limited
- Just take The Cancel Sign stuff out, it's stupid and I hate it, or at the very least give Unofficial Server the Ability to turn that stuff off

So I'm sure not everyone is gonna agree with this or think things should be added or removed but hey power to you Go ahead and Comment, I'm sure everyone has their own ideas

I agree with alot of what you said. Just gonna add my favorite and least favorite things in case the dev's read. 

Favorite- I love having 5 smaller maps as compared to one large map. Yes you lose the ability to freely walk between biomes but instead get way better visual performance, and the level of detail put into these is simply blows other maps out the water.

Least favorite- we can all agree that ark is a social game. yet there are still many players like myself who play with one other person or completely solo. Alot of the missions in this game are near impossible by yourself on the alpha difficulty hopefully this gets looked at. 

Overall I love the DLC. 

I hate the idea of separated bioms and hope this stays as a one time thing. They could have easily thrown the missions into such separated areas (like boss encounters) but kept the map as one. The rendering issue is more an issue with the base game using an engine not made for what this game is.

IMO the only reason flying is not allowed is because the bioms are way too small for it. I don't mind it not being there but forbidding it was just a way to artificially make it seem bigger. This facade will instantly fall as soon as you can take manas/rock drakes to this map.

It was a nice test, people tried it, nearly no one liked it judging by the reviews and I hope they don't include this mechanic in the upcoming map.

Extinction had five new tames that you tamed and two robot types you built.

Yes, Aberration had ten things you could tame. Not too sure I would bother distinguishing between the five different light pets, but yes. Technically ten. 

Scorched Earth also had ten (combining the golems and combining the wyverns).

Should I assume that no new building set was a con for you in Aberration and Extinction?

As for teleport, you seem to be invisible to wild creatures for the first 30 seconds or so while you are teleporting. Although yes, this does make for PVP problems. Invisible PC spawns is probably not the right solution.

And as for skins, I feel conflicted. To call it a pro, but then to have a con that there are not enough of them, seems strange to me.

There were 46 new skins in Aberration (only three TEK dinos in Scorched Earth) and 18 in Extinction. There are 21 "X" dinos in Genesis and I don't know now many new skins from the biomes. I think your complaint really doesn't hold up to the numbers from previous expansions and that you are demanding too much--at least too much to push this all the way to being a "con".

OK I want to say theses are my personal cons, and I just wanted to throw them out there I don't expect Wildcard to do anything with what I said, but I can still say something, All I'm saying is that I feel X creatures feel half done which is why I call it a pro and con, as for the Teleporting you are definately not invisible to wild creatures, I and many of my players have been killed by wild creatures before having a chance to load into the new area, one of my friends was even killed by an Alpha Carno when she teleported to Volcano, as  Building sets, I've been yearning for New Sets since Scorched Earth Introduced a new set way back when, as for the 5 new Creatures that is probably one of my biggest complaints here, after the amount of new Creatures Scorched Earth and Aberration (Despite 4 of them being light pets which I did have a problem with being counted as 4 different species) Extinction and Genesis really lacked in that Department, was not happy about it with Extinction, I'm not happy with it about Genesis Either

HLNA Teleportation - Con - Bugged... somehow the data for the locations is either getting mixed up or lost, so it grabs the next one instead and sends you to the wrong location

Race Missions - Con  - Any sort of lag that sends you back petaling ruins the race,  as you've been back petaled but the clock keeps ticking.  Small lag spikes - same thing but less noticable.

Wave Missions (any you kill dinos in waves) - Con - Dino's spawning under platforms causing you to have to cancel the missions.

New Dinos - Con - Taming methods have made getting ferox and bloodstalkers with above 90% taming effectiveness almost impossible, and have even caused some of them to be untamable even though your using the proper method.

Bug Swarms - Con - Too high of a spawn rate,  I've had as many as 13 bug swarms back to back.  Any time i leave my house, there is a bug swarm instantly.

Dino Spawn Rate - Con - There seems to be two levels of spawning - next to none, or Over spawned.  nothing like swiming through the ocean and having 10 anglers spawn right on top of you.  or be hunting through out the entire ocean for turtle never to see one, or any other fish.  or going through the bog and suddenly be being attacked by 3 sarco, 2 kapro, and bery's. 

Mission Rewards - Con - So many of the rewards are useless on Genesis, and you can't grind the useless items into useful materials.  I can't count how many quatzel saddles i have now,  I think i could build a house or two stacking them up.  Primative items as rewards, just toss them things, they worthless anyhow.

Blocked Mission Areas - Pro & Con - while people not being able to build in mission areas is nice, and keeps it partially clean for doing them minus the parked dinos (like dodo ball and bulbdog toss) but because the mission areas are so large, and there are no reduced build limits, most the 'free building' areas have been pillared up and have large structures taking up a good hunk of them.  with almost 1/2 the map being tagged as mission zones this leave alot less room for people to build, and with the pillaring makes it nearly impossible for others to find a place to build.

Missions - Pro - They are fun, and have had fun doing them with other tribes as well, being we are only a two man tribe now. Its sad to see some of the people go because of lack of support or because of greifers but some of us are still hanging in and having fun.

X-Dinos - Pro - The new skins for these dinos are great, makes it alot different then the standard dinos, I really like the x-dinos from the lava biome as well as the raptors from the bog biome.

just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Archived