Metal staircase HELP!

NASHLY

Metal staircase HELP!

This might be the silliest question ever, but how the heck do I attach a metal ceiling to the top of a metal staircase?! And if I can’t, what do I attach to staircase to walk on?  I’m building a tree fort on a tree platform and I’ve extended the platform slightly with a metal ceiling. I attached a metal staircase to that but at the top of the staircase I cannot attach a metal ceiling to use as a floor to walk on. I’m confused! Any help would be appreciated! 

21 hours ago, NASHLY said:

Metal staircase HELP!

This might be the silliest question ever, but how the heck do I attach a metal ceiling to the top of a metal staircase?! And if I can’t, what do I attach to staircase to walk on?  I’m building a tree fort on a tree platform and I’ve extended the platform slightly with a metal ceiling. I attached a metal staircase to that but at the top of the staircase I cannot attach a metal ceiling to use as a floor to walk on. I’m confused! Any help would be appreciated! 

Hi there, the metal staircase does not act as a wall and cannot support the metal ceiling. You would need a nearby wall to support the ceiling. Also you may not be able to place the ceiling when the staircase has been placed. Place the ceiling first then the staircase. 

If however you have extended the ceiling out 2 ceilings distance beyond a foundation you will not be able to place the ceiling as it will not have a foundation. 

let me know if that doesn’t solve the issue!

tranquility

Archived