genesis Bring back “Survivor Upload” or give Genesis owners all prior dlc engrams.

FatalFps

Suggestion

Bring back “Survivor Upload” or give Genesis owners all prior dlc engrams.

Hi, I know I can’t be the only one in this boat but the reasons why the option to upload characters was taken away from dedicated servers are somewhat understandable but the fact that it’s been completely removed is just down right heart breaking. Due to the inability to use engrams on new dlc maps from prior dlc, players are forced to rely on cheats to temporarily get the engrams for 100+ Items from scorched earth, aberration and extinction (I lost count after 110 when trying to see how many blueprints I’d have to cheat in). This all in all, is a great dis-service to your players. It’s obvious due to the ability to acquire the niché materials to craft the items, that they were intended to be used in the Genesis simulation. Instead, in the server options, we have the option to not allow downloaded survivors which is the perfect solution to one of the issues. As for shady server owners that might password lock the server while your survivor is still on it, add a redundant local/cloud backup of the survivors so if it does happen you aren’t SOL because at the moment, removing the option has caused more issues than it’s fixed for personal windows 10/Xbox server players. Instead it looks like the functionality has been forced behind a paywall in the form of a cluster server only accessible via Nitrado, which honestly is more shady than a admin keeping you from reusing your survivor (which can still happen) IMO. I just hope that before you release genesis part 2 this holiday season, that you at the very least, give the option back or give all engrams to anyone playing genesis, instead of forcing them to be learned on the map they originated from. Just like with the island. 

2 replies to this server topic

4 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I don't think this setting is gone, cause it would prevent clusters from functioning.

It is gone, the only option is to travel to a another server. That’s a function that can only be used by clusters. This is why I said the functionality has been locked behind a paywall.

lYR9A2K.png

this screenshot is a random one from online. But it’s exactly what Xbox players see. The downside to this is that the only way cluster servers and still be playable on Xbox, it must be hosted by Nitrado as this is the only way you can host a server and you are given the option. 

With this “travel to a another server” option, the only servers that load in there are servers hosted by Nitrado from the same owner of the current one you are playing on (if the select to cluster them, which accounting to Nitrado forums isn’t exactly going to well) Also with the way people have to go about hosting a server if they do not want to rent one (i.e. download the game via Microsoft store on the machine, launch the game and selecting host dedicated in game all via an alt account so you are able to have the game running on 2 devices.) it’s not really possible to cluster with out the use of virtual machines as well as (according to some posts) MS “powershell” magic. This is because you just simply do not have the option to cluster ingame.

Archived