Community Crunch 220: On The Horizon and EVO Event

Cedric

1 minute ago, Lolsteven said:

maybe if you used your brain you would know there isnt even a mission terminal anywhere near the big lunar cave, doli just posted saying its a bugg that the mission icon is showing. the cave was intended for to build in, so stop being salty 

has nothing to do with salty its just stupid to build in caves and block spawns for special dinos....just build normal bases like most ppl...isnt that hard...you cant do thinks that are 90% forbidden and wonder yourself like world first problems "what oh no they did the same stuff like in the other caves" so pls 

On 3/16/2020 at 8:03 PM, Cedric said:

Voice Chat

We're excited to introduce new chat modes (whisper and yell) for those that found the previous chat functionality lacking.  We expect to have this feature deployed to PC in the near future!

it would be nice to add  IGNORE also as I'm tired of all the characters i only see as legos and all the spamming in the aforementioned style.

just turning off auto-chat renders me unaware of tribe and ally chat so it's not an option

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lolsteven said:

maybe if you used your brain you would know there isnt even a mission terminal anywhere near the big lunar cave, doli just posted saying its a bugg that the mission icon is showing. the cave was intended for to build in, so stop being salty 

where did doli write this and is it the big eastern cave? derelict Mince?

Edited by Shadowhunter99

6 hours ago, Lolsteven said:

Also let add this PVP you cry all you want u want the crab,rollrat raid the base like how hard is it

On 3/17/2020 at 5:50 AM, iL4X said:

Hey, messaged on Twitter but I’m unsure it will ever get seen. The community crunch mentions caves in the lunar biome are supposed to have action taken on them because of a glitch. But this is very unspecific. We have spent the last weeks grinding a building up a cave on the east side of the lunar biome. When we started construction it was not a “mission zone” and if using HLNA showing boundaries there is no boundaries to be seen. Also, there is no mission kiosk anywhere close to the cave. Is this a safe cave to be built in? If not, why did this cave suddenly become a mission zone out of the blue? Are you guys going to give some more specific information before you take action? Again to make a point the crunch says that a patch last week made previous mission zones  Buildable. This cave was not a mission zone to begin with, so is it safe. It will be very disheartening if we and I’m sure many other tribes wasted their past few weeks to lose all the time and effort they put in. 

This is what I'm wondering aswell. A couple of caves were never mission zones at the start, and have no missions going through them. It would be a shame if people got dev wiped without there being proper explanations for it.
Afterall, there's a difference between mission zones, zones you do missions in, lunar caves, and what HLNA shows as mission boundaries. So an answer to this question would be appreciated.

• Volunteer Moderator
54 minutes ago, AcePredator said:

Serious question

will the coronaviris affect anything progress with bug fixing or evolution events or the new map crystal isles release date

I can't speak for Wildcard, but the global pandemic is an ever changing situation. There is a whole multitude of things that could impact on the games development from staff sickness, forced home working etc etc.

I'm sure the plan is to continue business as usual as best they can, but whether the pandemic will affect anything is unlikely a question that can be answered with any accuracy until things further unfold.

Please fix the Whistle and mind wipe bugs, imo these are the most annoying things going on at the mo, however I stopped playing Genesis due to the fact your dead on most teleport before the screen loads or you dc, the teleport in general have always been bad for dc so god only knows why the Devs forced us to do this on the new map? Totally wish I had not purchased it now.

On 3/18/2020 at 12:27 AM, Lolsteven said:

lol somones salty they didnt get the base cave , and we found out we can stay in it :) 

When did you find out? I see a lot of ppl asking about this. I’m in the cave E Lunar with no missions within 1000m radius. No mission symbols inside,above, around the entire area. Only a glitch inside. Is this the cave you’re talking about? On the CC recently they said mission area caves that were accidentally buildable. The cave I described doesn’t fall into that category but either way I’m confused

Need to fix the magmasaur lost 2k arb within 10 min in 6man official were built on levis chair and couldnt do anything bc of aimbotting we even have video of proof of them tryng to mesh us aswell lol fixing aimbotting and other easily fixed exploits should be PRIORITY not content. Oh noo the ferox can be tamed by berries everyone lets put all our effort to fix it. Magmasaur shoots 3 times farther than turret range, na thats cool not important but the ferox bug is.... Legit submitted a ticket 2 weeks ago for being meshed on genesis official small tribes with proof and still have no reply and now we have proof of meshing again while they're teaming us and will most certainly not get a response for this ticket im about to waste time on.  Ps who ever thought windows ten would be for the best for xbox players should be slapped js.

On our server many tribes have claimed under water caves and placed structures in and around them. Non of which are in mission zones, I might add, nor ate they blocking the caves. They have set up small "safe zones" and traps (all unlocked for server use) for taming purposes, the only time they ate ever locked is if the owner tribe is using it. A lot of time and effort has gone into finding locations that are not in mission areas (PvP and PvE), not to mention the time it has taken to build these places up. To just come out and say, "oh we screwed up. Now your bases you have spent hours building, or small satellite collection areas you built are going to be wiped, because of our screw up." Not a bright idea. It is not the players fault you guys messed up your code, just leave it alone. As long as people aren't blocking spawns, spawn points, or blocking entrances to caves that are critical to the completion of a mission. Let it go. That includes blocking with dinos.

I am built BETWEEN 2 mission areas in the bog. I have a mission area that extends around the back, the front, and off to the sides. This base was built by hand, using stone and metal tools. A lot of time and effort has gone into building this base. There are no gates, nothing is blocked (there is a massive metal spawn behind my base, we made sure not to block access) If it gets wiped because your code was wrong, I will be very unhappy. 

On our server many tribes have claimed under water caves and placed structures in and around them. Non of which are in mission zones, I might add, nor ate they blocking the caves. They have set up small "safe zones" and traps (all unlocked for server use) for taming purposes, the only time they ate ever locked is if the owner tribe is using it. A lot of time and effort has gone into finding locations that are not in mission areas (PvP and PvE), not to mention the time it has taken to build these places up. To just come out and say, "oh we screwed up. Now your bases you have spent hours building, or small satellite collection areas you built are going to be wiped, because of our screw up." Not a bright idea. It is not the players fault you guys messed up your code, just leave it alone. As long as people aren't blocking spawns, spawn points, or blocking entrances to caves that are critical to the completion of a mission. Let it go. That includes blocking with dinos.

I am built BETWEEN 2 mission areas in the bog. I have a mission area that extends around the back, the front, and off to the sides. This base was built by hand, using stone and metal tools. A lot of time and effort has gone into building this base. There are no gates, nothing is blocked (there is a massive metal spawn behind my base, we made sure not to block access) If it gets wiped because your code was wrong, I will be very unhappy. 

*Just a thought...if bases are going to be wiped, why not use the tool that you guys utilized when redwoods was first rolled out. Use the holographic "build / no build" tape, and give tribes 3 weeks or so find a different location and build up a new base.

I am really disappointed right now. I cant login to the server after the update while others play since they didnt close the game. Almost nobody can join and benefit from the 2,5x event. Why do you let us prim+ players alone every time ? So many people were looking forward to this weekend and now we sit here feeling like 2nd class persons. Please fix that problem and dont let us miss the event.

On 3/19/2020 at 3:29 AM, Gloman88 said:

When did you find out? I see a lot of ppl asking about this. I’m in the cave E Lunar with no missions within 1000m radius. No mission symbols inside,above, around the entire area. Only a glitch inside. Is this the cave you’re talking about? On the CC recently they said mission area caves that were accidentally buildable. The cave I described doesn’t fall into that category but either way I’m confused

If there is a glitch inside then you are obstructing players from getting that glitch and completing that mission. 

On 3/17/2020 at 1:13 PM, CheeseMann said:

Is this including the big lunar cave? If so that's a big rip......

5 hours ago, EliteQuarmada said:

If there is a glitch inside then you are obstructing players from getting that glitch and completing that mission. 

And if it's pvp it isn't obstruction players. cause u can raid to get in there.