Community Crunch 220: On The Horizon and EVO Event

Cedric

Hey, messaged on Twitter but I’m unsure it will ever get seen. The community crunch mentions caves in the lunar biome are supposed to have action taken on them because of a glitch. But this is very unspecific. We have spent the last weeks grinding a building up a cave on the east side of the lunar biome. When we started construction it was not a “mission zone” and if using HLNA showing boundaries there is no boundaries to be seen. Also, there is no mission kiosk anywhere close to the cave. Is this a safe cave to be built in? If not, why did this cave suddenly become a mission zone out of the blue? Are you guys going to give some more specific information before you take action? Again to make a point the crunch says that a patch last week made previous mission zones  Buildable. This cave was not a mission zone to begin with, so is it safe. It will be very disheartening if we and I’m sure many other tribes wasted their past few weeks to lose all the time and effort they put in. 

7 minutes ago, Lolsteven said:

that's super unfair about big lunar cave. its literally the best spot on the map and a bunch of tribe are built in it.  it not our fault you messed up and had it build able when genesis was released. PLEASE consider that cave to be build able. there arent  even any mission near it

BRO I agree if your read it it says (Last week we encountered a bug that rendered some caves build-able. ) its been buildable since day one and did not have the mission symbol and like u said no mission near that cave at all!!

You state that Server Health is so important yet all I ever see is horrible lag on my Rag server with fewer than 17 players at any given time. 

I've already written a ticket in and I realize that there are many large empty bases that're helping to contribute to the lag but I also know there are technical ways to reduce the lag via server performance on the hardware end. One would think with such a large influx of revenue lately that said studio would push hard for a solid product. 

Most current players on my rag server are NEW meaning this is their first go at Ark. Is this really what you want peoples first impressions to be? The heavy pillaring is bad enough. The rollbacks and constant lag is inexcusable. 

Edited by Super Fab

Just now, zealVIPER21 said:

BRO I agree if your read it it says (Last week we encountered a bug that rendered some caves build-able. ) its been buildable since day one and did not have the mission symbol and like u said no mission near that cave at all!!

exactly SOOOOOO MANY tribes are built in this cave its legit the only good spot on this map, for pvp you cant just tell somone to move like that. cause all the other decent spots will be gone so its just a rip for your whole progress 

1 hour ago, iL4X said:

Hey, messaged on Twitter but I’m unsure it will ever get seen. The community crunch mentions caves in the lunar biome are supposed to have action taken on them because of a glitch. But this is very unspecific. We have spent the last weeks grinding a building up a cave on the east side of the lunar biome. When we started construction it was not a “mission zone” and if using HLNA showing boundaries there is no boundaries to be seen. Also, there is no mission kiosk anywhere close to the cave. Is this a safe cave to be built in? If not, why did this cave suddenly become a mission zone out of the blue? Are you guys going to give some more specific information before you take action? Again to make a point the crunch says that a patch last week made previous mission zones  Buildable. This cave was not a mission zone to begin with, so is it safe. It will be very disheartening if we and I’m sure many other tribes wasted their past few weeks to lose all the time and effort they put in. 

im built in this cave and i need answers as well man complete unfair for us to move locations if we have to 

46 minutes ago, Lolsteven said:

exactly SOOOOOO MANY tribes are built in this cave its legit the only good spot on this map, for pvp you cant just tell somone to move like that. cause all the other decent spots will be gone so its just a rip for your whole progress 

Honestly there only thinking of themselves not the community that plays the game.  They need to do a vote on this not be like hey lets ruin the tribe that are built in a cave that never had the no build part since day one!!

May i suggest that you tell everyone which spots are going to be non buildable? Because all the mission non buildable zones doesnt really cover the load. Mostly because these spots where buildable or it would not have happend in the first place.

Besides that please give us a timeframe notice on when you are going to change this instead of just dropping a bombshell.

Ps. Any update on the invisible creatures on lunar?

Voice Chat

We're excited to introduce new chat modes (whisper and yell) for those that found the previous chat functionality lacking.  We expect to have this feature deployed to PC in the near future!

Eh? Why? Dear Jebus why?
When I heard about whisper and yell I thought you meant improvement to the text chat system, which is seriously needed!
It really needs improvements and a way to whisper a single person... You know whisper, like private message, as in every other game ever made!

No one uses the in game voice chat system except for the first time when you mess around with the radio and have a laugh. And then 5 minutes later you go back to discord because it's vastly superior in every way.

And for that matter, add sticky chat. Annoying having to tab to tribe chat for every line you want to type.
And no, using another key for tribe chat doesn't cut it. Enter is the chat key.

9 hours ago, iL4X said:

Hoping for an answer on this, I imagine we are talking about the same spot, but at launch it was not a mission area, last week an update made it an invisible mission area with no bounds HLNA can see, and now I am afraid it is going to be dev wiped.