Community Crunch 220: On The Horizon and EVO Event

Cedric

• Wildcard Community

Community Crunch 202

untitled-11.jpg

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

We've got a short one this week. We're all busy working on new and exciting content for upcoming months.  We are remaining focused on the health of the Official Network and collecting bug reports and feedback from various social media platforms.

You should expect to see a continued focus on existing bugs and polish as we round into the summer months!

On The Horizon

High_resolution_wallpaper_background_ID_77701718619-1200x506.jpg

Enforcement Updates

Mission Areas

Last week we encountered a bug that rendered some caves build-able.  If you have structures within a mission zone (cave) on the Genesis map, you should remove them.  The Enforcement Team will take the appropriate actions to remove them otherwise.

Teleport Zones

Teleport zones are treated as spawn zones and should not be blocked or have turrets in them on PvP or PvE

Mindwipes

Recently we deployed a patch with a fix to the cooldown timer on mindwipes.  We are aware that this didn't resolve all the existing issues that players are currently seeing.  We are actively working on a fix for the remaining issues.

Player Dedicated Servers

We hoped to have player dedicated servers up and running but we've hit a roadblock that will delay us from being able to deliver the feature as we had previously hoped.  We will keep you updated on the progress we are making!

Voice Chat

We're excited to introduce new chat modes (whisper and yell) for those that found the previous chat functionality lacking.  We expect to have this feature deployed to PC in the near future!

EVO Events

We've enhanced our tuning system that's responsible for rates, like harvesting and taming, to be more accommodating for the various game modes and play styles that are available.  This will allow us to do specialized rates for those who didn't normally receive them.  We're putting the final pieces in place and we'll let you know when the system is live and ready to go.  We'll do a detailed post outlining how you should expect EVO events to work in the future.

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 20th of Mar at 1 PM EST until Monday the 23rd of Mar at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

Until next time!

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

all good news it seems glad to see some bugs being fixed been playing gensis and haveing fun with it but i just encountered a problem recently my x-trike is falling under the snow dome map and my x-yutyrannus probably has done the same thing after teleporting from and to the base with creatures being attacked by bears,monkeymen and therizino's so now i am planning on cryoing everything i have to protect them from this keep occureing i go in ghost mod under the map but i can't reach them 3:

Ive been playing since legacy dropped. I have stuck by why you guys continue to kill the game. All you care about its pushing new content. I think you might have finally broke me lol. I honestly dont give a crap about any new content. There is just no excuse for extinction or any other part of the game that is still broke and been broke for years to not be fixed by now. If you obviously cant drop new content without breaking something else then just stop already. All the new content you've dropped, genesis, chibis, holiday events just dont out way what has been broke in the process. You dont even act like you all care. Your response is it might be fix in a patch a month from now.  Really... it took you 10 seconds to break something and a month to drop a patch that didn't even work. Just look at the numbers now. Genesis is dropping and there not going back to the old servers.

• Like 2

It would be epic if we could continue with the EVO rates while we're all in quarantine and isolation due to this annoying virus pandemic going on. It's a complete disaster around here in Florida and it just keeps getting worse daily. Businesses are shutting down left and right, grocery stores are picked clean.  So here we are lol, non-stop Ark for 2 weeks or maybe even longer. 

• Like 1