Metalios

COVID-19 and Wildcard\ARK

Posted (edited)

In light of the COVID-19, will there be anything in ARK to help people with social distancing? Perhaps a special color event or something to help encourage social distancing during this stressful situation?

@Jatheish @Cedric

Edited by Metalios
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, Metalios said:

In light of the COVID-19, will there be anything in ARK to help people with social distancing? Perhaps a special color event or something to help encourage social distancing during this stressful situation?

@Jatheish @Cedric

I live in Poland. We have quarantine now - schools closed, many businesses stopped. Government advices to stay home. Good decision BTW.
The paradox is - in this strange situation we have much more time to play Ark.
IMHO X2 or X3 with all multipliers (incl. breeding and maturation) would be great addon to these days.   

So what you all are saying is that you got irl time, so no need for x2 or x3 x4 just because you have extra time on your hand,  what about just turn it down to what was in original game 14 irl days to grow a rex.

Pathethic!

What about me who need to work all day long take extra shifts to get my country together.

Kenneth

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kpc said:

What about me (...) ?

You can never overtake everyone.

5 minutes ago, hud said:

But if u have extra time why do u need higher rates. Damn guys, what is next?? Personal slave to play game instead of you.

x2 is not too much. relax, man! If we are already sitting at home, it would be nice to diversify our time. X2 is enough, we do not expect more

2 hours ago, Metalios said:

@Jatheish @Cedric

Yes! Nice idea

If they were smart they'd have started a month long 2x or 3x event to take advantage of the record high number of people playing video games right now. But then again I'm not a dev, just some guy who programs and plays video games on the side.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Perhaps, like most of the real world that actually affects people real lives. 

Ark should shut down. 

A moderator , suggesting shut down  his own game 😂😂😂

Explains so much ... the way this forum / game is handled...👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, PertySlick said:

Be careful asking for a special event.  Have we seen an update or event that hasn't caused problems?  You may not realize it but you're asking for potential downtime.  Lol!

Don't even need anything special, just run 3x everything until April 1st

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Jonas, that is accomplished outside of the game once you make a meaningful connection with a mate.  WildCard cannot help you with that, my friend.

dam. you really did it to em like that

also @Quilleute, i see you with that stargate profile picture

Edited by Techsupport

7 hours ago, DoughBoy93 said:

Wouldn't they best spend more and as much of there time on fixing all the bugs currently plaguing the game? 

Tweaking rates doesn't take away time spent on bug fixing. 🤦‍♂️

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, GP said:

Tweaking rates doesn't take away time spent on bug fixing. 🤦‍♂️

No of course not them just tweaking rates as you say wont cause any harm. Oh look they broke the rates on small tribes official guess they can add that to the big old bug pile 🤦‍♂️

So tweaking rates dont take away time spent of fixing them but it sure adds to them lol 

Edited by DoughBoy93