Alpha Raptor

Peoper

Alpha Raptor

Hello, I am fairly new to the game, I’m on mobile, I’ve played once before but only got to about level 21. I’m not a total noob. My main issue though, is that there is an Alpha Raptor extremely close to my base. I’m on the south side of the island, so I’m surrounded by water. This raptor is so close that it has blocked off the land behind me. I don’t know what to do since obviously this thing has a ton of health and is extremely fast. In addition, it’s also killing most of the animals on the island. It will never die because there are no carnivores besides sarcos and it is stronger than any herbivores it manages to aggro. I’m only level 23 with level 26 and 39 parasaurs, level 5 and 20 dilos- as I was writing this a sarco attacked my base- my level 12 trike managed to kill it thankfully, I was deathly afraid it was the alpha raptor, the now level 13 trike, and 7 various dodos (for eggs).

I need help on this and am considering moving my base because of the deadly sarcos and the alpha raptor. Advice?

Edit: I am planning on moving to another island in the south, but the raptor is right in front of a cave with crystals :/, and even if I did move, it wouldn’t be easy. I could use my trike and parasaurs to carry materials. 

E63D353A-EF6F-4944-9652-3A7BB5FBBAF6.jpeg

If you can’t kill it, I’d recommend just kiting it away. Drop all your gear and go on foot. Agro it and lead it to a safer location. Preferably at a lower elevation/stuck in a natural boundary. You will die several times so don’t bring tames or gear. If you can afford the slots you’d be surprised what some low level trikes on aggressive can do. 

6 hours ago, Recoil said:

If you can’t kill it, I’d recommend just kiting it away. Drop all your gear and go on foot. Agro it and lead it to a safer location. Preferably at a lower elevation/stuck in a natural boundary. You will die several times so don’t bring tames or gear. If you can afford the slots you’d be surprised what some low level trikes on aggressive can do. 

Thank you so much!! Will definitely try to lead it away, it will probably outrun me and catch up to me quickly though. It is trapped between two cliffs, tried shooting at it with a bow but it has too much health and is too fast. Just want to lead it away from my base as it is getting closer every log on.

Update: Killed both of my parasaurs and my trikes now...attempted to lead it into the water but it headed back to the surface. I might just try and run and see if it isn’t still near my stuff, or try and make a new base.

Thanks for your help, but it’s too strong for me. My dinos did manage to take it down to half health before they died though.

Update 2: It’s trying to go after my tames and not the wild bronto, was hoping the bronto would step on it. Every time I try and lure it into the water it goes back to shore so I think I just need to restart at this point.

Update 3: It’s gone. I don’t know if it despawned or just decided to leave or something killed it or what. It left me with two tames (a moschops and a dodo [two useless tames]) luckily it didn’t destroy my storage box but I’ll be on the lookout for it.

Ok, So I'll give you a suggestion based on what I did when I was more of a newer player. 

From what I worked out, Alpha creatures are normally around 6 times as powerful as a non-alpha of a same level. 

My Advice would be to tame a raptor to fight this nutcase. A raptor's pounce can immobilize alpha-raptors. 

Also, fight it on a hill, with you on the higher ground. You can dish out more damage without getting much in return. 

Lastly, If your raptor dies, use a trike. Trikes can do knockback and knock the nutcase away.

FYI the place that you are moving to seems to be an alpha raptor, alpha carno, and therizino spawn location. I would advise you be steer clear of that area for now.

I highly suggest that you upgrade your speed as you go on as that will help you a lot! 
Like people have said, kiting it away is the best option at your level. Apparently you couldn't do that, so if it comes to fighting I recommend maybe 2 or 3 trikes, you riding in one and the other 2 set on attack ur target. Like ShadowKrio said, they deal knockback, so it may even come to the point where the raptor can't even hit you, especially if you have 3 trikes hamming on it.

So yeah, this information is nothing new, just everything everyone said in one post.

• 2 weeks later...

@Peoper in the future, this is the solution I used when I just started playing to deal with alpha raptors. 

I would kite it to the water where I had a raft waiting and have a spear equipped. I would slowly pilot the raft out into the water, then run to the back of the raft and hit the raptor with the spear. This keeps the aggro. After a few hits go farther, more hits. Rinse, repeat until it’s dead. I did this multiple times successfully. The raft will take the damage instead of you and you can drive backwards to run forward for hits. A chest with supplies to repair raft may also help if you need. 

Even if you lose aggro, it’s a slow swimmer so you can re-aggro easily. 

Archived