Problem with yutyrannus imprint

Sh4ck

Problem with yutyrannus imprint

Hi. I am writing to tell you that under normal conditions it is IMPOSSIBLE to get 100% imprint on this dinosaur.

Without any type of multiplier in the offspring, when the 8 hours between affection and affection are met, the dinosaur receives a 4% imprint, while maturation advances 4.3%.

I have verified it by claiming the baby as soon as it is born (not even 4 seconds had passed since the hatching of the egg) and giving it affection just in the second 1 after I asked for it.

How can this be possible?

Am I going to have to wait with the need for affection waiting on a cryopod for when they put up a brood multiplier boost?

Greetings and I await your responses to know what you think.

Also, imprint percentages do not display decimals even though they exist.  So while 2 imprints may net you 8%, three may give you 13% due to the decimal values finally adding up.  I don't know the exact numbers, but if you keep an eye on that after the third or fourth imprint I bet you'll notice a 1% jump at some point.

2 hours ago, PertySlick said:

Also, imprint percentages do not display decimals even though they exist.  So while 2 imprints may net you 8%, three may give you 13% due to the decimal values finally adding up.  I don't know the exact numbers, but if you keep an eye on that after the third or fourth imprint I bet you'll notice a 1% jump at some point.

Yeah, the actual amount according to the spreadsheet I use is 4.35% so will be just over 13% on the 3rd imprint, on 1x maturation it takes around 111.11 minutes per 1% so first imprint will be at 4.3% mature and will show as 4% (4.35 actual) 2nd imprint will be at 8.6% mature and will show 8% (8.7% actual) it won't be until the 3rd imprint that the displayed imprint amount overtakes the mature percentage 

You have just over 3 mins leeway on each imprint, the total mature time is over 7 days so if it does go into an evolution event at some time then you should still be OK as there's a lot more leeway for yutys at 2x with 8 hour imprints

• 6 months later...

Thanks for clarifying this,

I thought I did my math wrong when I saw the imprint was only 4%.

So if it is indeed 4.35%, then it is possible to make it to 100%. 

Total maturation takes approximately 185 hours and 11 minutes, which means you’ll have 23 total imprints all together. 

I would just cryo it everytime it asks for a walk. 

Archived