Genesis flyer option effects all maps

Genesis flyer option effects all maps

Hello to all, I run an Ark server through Nitrado. When Genesis came out we were playing on aberration, where no flyers are allowed.  Well yesterday we switched over to Extinction and tamed an Argie.  When we equipped him with a saddle and tried to hop on him for a ride, no dice, not able to jump on him.  We thought that maybe flyers aren't allowed in the city so we just kept playing, not thinking too much into it.  Today my friend called and said he was flying all over the map on single player. I though that was strange.  I had to switch over to The Island to get a few things so I went there and tried to hop on my Wyvern..... nothing.  That's when I decided to look at the server settings again.  Nitrado added a Genesis section to the settings and under said section there is a "allow Flyers" option.  So I activated the option, went back to The Island and now I can ride my flyers again.  So I just want to point out that this setting effects ALL maps and must be selected in order to use flyers on the normal maps.  Its not really an issue since we figured it out but I wanted to bring this to peoples attention in case they are having the same issues.  I haven't played Genesis yet but its already giving me a sour taste in my mouth just from all the issues its causing for people who don't even own Genesis (I do own it, referring to friends).  So if you cant use your flyers and have a Nitrado server, be sure to check that setting.  Thank you for your time.

Hes

Archived