Need help with wind turbine...

Hello all!

This is a really stupid question but idk where else to ask.. I'm playing on Genesis and want to build a turbine.. my neighbor has one so I messaged him and he told me I had to unlock it on an official scorched earth server.

So here I am for the past 15 hours trying to get to level 50. Finally I unlock it, yet I still can't build one on genesis.. how does this work?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Fawxxy said:

Hello all!

This is a really stupid question but idk where else to ask.. I'm playing on Genesis and want to build a turbine.. my neighbor has one so I messaged him and he told me I had to unlock it on an official scorched earth server.

So here I am for the past 15 hours trying to get to level 50. Finally I unlock it, yet I still can't build one on genesis.. how does this work?

Engrams are unlocked and bound to characters, not accounts. So, you need to take the character you have on Genesis, transfer it to a Scorched Earth server (via a mission pad), learn the engram, and then transfer it back to Genesis (via an obelisk). If you create a new character on Scorched Earth and unlock an engram, that engram isn't unlocked on any other characters you may have.

13 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Engrams are unlocked and bound to characters, not accounts. So, you need to take the character you have on Genesis, transfer it to a Scorched Earth server (via a mission pad), learn the engram, and then transfer it back to Genesis (via an obelisk). If you create a new character on Scorched Earth and unlock an engram, that engram isn't unlocked on any other characters you may have.

Ok thank you! One question now... Do I have to kill bosses to transfer to scorched earth and vise versa? Or can I go there and back over.will this affect my tribe on genesis ?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Fawxxy said:

Ok thank you! One question now... Do I have to kill bosses to transfer to scorched earth and vise versa? Or can I go there and back over.will this affect my tribe on genesis ?

No, you can transfer back and forth without defeating any bosses. Tribes are bound to servers, so this will not affect your tribe on Genesis. However, if you are solo, and lose your character during the transfer, chances are everything will decay before you can get in-game assistance. Another thing to keep in mind, is that Genesis downloads are disabled so everything you transfer out cannot be transferred back (e.g. any gear, etc. you had on your character).

Archived