evolution events are detrimental

Kaprosuchus

evolution events are detrimental

So, I run an unofficial cluster that is whitelist only. Have been doing so for years now.  The rates are already slightly increased but someone said it would be cool if we also matched up with the evo events that wildcard runs and it got me to thinking.

The Evo events are a terrible idea and they exacerbate all of the things wrong with the game already.  There is always terrible amounts of lag on servers and this is mostly due to them being overloaded.  The evo events create a small window every week in which people can get ahead of their fellows.  It would seem to me that on overpopulated servers you'd want people to spread out their play time so as to not overwhelm the system.  Wouldn't it be easier to just set rates people found acceptable all of the time?  It also creates more need for server resets which i am sure everyone enjoys.

I don't really have a horse in this race but i figured i'd just share because what else are the forums for?

They are good on official because it’s a hard life without it. The servers are so unstable because of population spike on the weekend. I personally find it easier to play ark during the week than on the the weekends. Even if I’m off on the weekends I’m still distracted and don’t really get a chance to get on for a decent amount of time. 

10 hours ago, Owataday said:

They are good on official because it’s a hard life without it. The servers are so unstable because of population spike on the weekend. I personally find it easier to play ark during the week than on the the weekends. Even if I’m off on the weekends I’m still distracted and don’t really get a chance to get on for a decent amount of time. 

That was my point. they should have reasonable rates all the time in order to spread the population's play time out to flatten out those playtime spikes.  having improved times during very narrow windows is detrimental.

Archived