Breeding Magmas on other maps?

ancojoVG

Breeding Magmasaurs in The Island's volcano works perfect. I did it yesterday for about 8 hours. But I heard that that's the only place outside Genesis where lava doesn't kill your Magmasaurs!

For stats: Magmasaurs = Health, Melee and Weight. Bloodstalkers = Maybe just Health and Weight beacause they're travel mounts. Ferox = Doesn't matter. The stats reset every time they go from big to tiny (just my experience so far).

5 hours ago, ancojoVG said:

Breeding Magmas on other maps?

Has anyone found out if there are any other maps other than Genesis you can breed Magmas on without them dying in lava?

Also still looking for what stats to look for on Magmas, Ferox and Bloodstalkers?

Thanks

the island is a good place to breed them, in the volcano

42 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

for a dino thats suppose to be immune to the effects of lava, it sure is fragile.

yes, well the reason why lava is so dangerous is due to the extremely high temperatures that would destroy or body. so maybe the magmasaur is resistant against extreme heat but not so resistant against physical damage.

2 hours ago, caleb68 said:

then all lava would damage it, not just some.

lava is deadly due to the extremely high heat, if magmasaur can swim in lava that means it is resistant to the heat, i never said it cant handle some lava, the only reason it swim in lava on maps like rag's volcano, because it is an insta kill (i think).

lava is deadly due to the extremely high heat, if magmasaur can swim in lava that means it is resistant to the heat, i never said it cant handle some lava, the only reason it swim in lava on maps like rag's volcano, because it is an insta kill (i think).
Lava on Ragnarok does 1000 dmg each time compared to island 75 lava dmg, so its pretty much instakill for players and near instakill for dinos

13 hours ago, Castlerock said:
15 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

Lava on Ragnarok does 1000 dmg each time compared to island 75 lava dmg, so its pretty much instakill for players and near instakill for dinos

ok well me having common sense have never dared to try and swim in lava or even go near it most of the time. so i assumed it was an insta kill. but i have been told magmasaurs cant swim in it for some reason.

They can on Genesis, I hope they make it to where they can on all maps! I built a big breeding pen in the volcano on Gen only for it to constantly say "Needs to be in lava to breed" All while being up to its neck in the stuff? It seems you cannot place walls all the way round them when in lava or they wont breed? Maybe they are exhibitionists?

ok well me having common sense have never dared to try and swim in lava or even go near it most of the time. so i assumed it was an insta kill. but i have been told magmasaurs cant swim in it for some reason.
I read on ark wiki that they can only survive in island volcano lava and genesis lava, they cant in the rest on island, center, se, rag and val lava

1 hour ago, Castlerock said:
4 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

I read on ark wiki that they can only survive in island volcano lava and genesis lava, they cant in the rest on island, center, se, rag and val lava

i read the same thing and my friend lost one of our magmasaurs tyring to swim in rag volcanoe about a day ago. he did not know and lost it. so that makes me wonder just how the coding works that makes the magmasaur immune to the lava, is i specifically locked to the island and genesis or is the lava on rag and the other maps a different type of lava. anyway my point was that just because its somewhat of a dossier says its immune to lava and magma does not mean it is resistant to physical damage

6 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

i read the same thing and my friend lost one of our magmasaurs tyring to swim in rag volcanoe about a day ago. he did not know and lost it. so that makes me wonder just how the coding works that makes the magmasaur immune to the lava, is i specifically locked to the island and genesis or is the lava on rag and the other maps a different type of lava. anyway my point was that just because its somewhat of a dossier says its immune to lava and magma does not mean it is resistant to physical damage

In an earlier stage of the game you were able to put water pipes in the lava and drink it. So... :D 

Archived