Taming bees in the trees on official

Smicknasty

Taming bees in the trees on official

I’ve been trying for a few hours now, and this is rather difficult to say the least. 

If you manage to find an unabandoned nest in a good location that you can build a platform nearby to shoot. The bee just flys away. 

You can’t grip them with stalkers, and from what i hear they aren’t feedable when trapped. Is that last part true?

Any tips on how to tame these on Genesis would be greatly appreciated.

We and many other tribes on our server have been trying for days, it's almost impossible on official.

Honey or hives should be added to HLNA.

Someone on our server did manage to tame one by luck but then it despawned for no reason in their base. They got theirs by building a trap up from the ground to the hive and were lucky the queen bugged out and got trapped within another hive.

Alright after building two wooden structures i can confirm that the taming is broken. If you tamed any you are lucky. Both of my traps were decent sized and successfully trapped the queens. The queens were not tamable. No message ever appeared and they just kept flying into the wall until they despawned. Again, if you tamed one, you got lucky. I’m going to keep attempting this as they seem to respawn even with the structures nearby(which also goes against a previous comment).  Wild card needs to rethink bee taming on genesis.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually tamed two bees the other day, and it was because i found an easily accessable beehive. That is the key! Also, if the bee won’t let you feed, walk away, but not out of render range, and come back in about 30 seconds. They reset and allowed me to feed!  Sopd the second bee for a high level ferox so aparently they’re a pain in the u no what for everyone.

Archived