All bloodstalkers only tame at 57.1 efficiency after the patch

Cjblaired

All bloodstalkers only tame at 57.1 efficiency after the patch

So, was excited to find a 150 today, noticed it was going to take way more bloodpacks. Ended up taking 742 packs, however only tamed at 57.1%. 42 levels. Noticed this with the other stalkers around in the same area. Is this a bug or is there something new that affect's their taming efficiency?

5 hours ago, ShadowWalker said:

In the wiki it says to feed them tames to increase the taming effectiveness. It didn’t matter before the patch because it’s broken. Now that’s fixed, you have to use the proper taming method I guess.

Yeah that seriously needs to be fixed, there is no way that you can tame one of these things right. There are too many in one area to make sure that the right one gets the tame...

@Cedric

Maybe WIldcard can explain this more, because as it stand right now, I can't even find a way for them to even feed or attack a tame and this 57% TE needs adjusting.

Just now, Armitige said:

I've fed several bloodstalkers tames, and it's had zero effect as far as I can see. Still locked at 57.1%. And even if it is the case, it's a seriously terrible way to tame these things. It's already hard enough taming them with blood packs. As it stands now, they are pretty much pointless tames.

Well prior to this patch, they where pretty good but expensive on the blood packs. Which I had no issue with, but this 57% and having to use a tame that they don't want, then no this is crap. I mean the 150's I have tamed, took me an hour to get due to being attacked by every other blood talker around the one I wanted to grab me.

1 minute ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Well prior to this patch, they where pretty good but expensive on the blood packs. Which I had no issue with, but this 57% and having to use a tame that they don't want, then no this is crap. I mean the 150's I have tamed, took me an hour to get due to being attacked by every other blood talker around the one I wanted to grab me.

Prior to the patch, I tamed around 25 high level blood stalkers. The server I play on is max 210 and I only target 189+, we have 15 times taming, so around 150-250 blood packs for a tame. I've started a breeding line on the server, because I'm the only one stupid enough to do this, considering the time investment in taming these things prior to the patch. But if I have to feed multiple tames to these thing before I can tame them at 100%, breeding them is pretty much impossible due to the time investment required to get 100% efficiency being ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, Armitige said:

Prior to the patch, I tamed around 25 high level blood stalkers. The server I play on is max 210 and I only target 189+, we have 15 times taming, so around 150-250 blood packs for a tame. I've started a breeding line on the server, because I'm the only one stupid enough to do this, considering the time investment in taming these things prior to the patch. But if I have to feed multiple tames to these thing before I can tame them at 100%, breeding them is pretty much impossible due to the time investment required to get 100% efficiency being ridiculous.

Exactly, especially since on our server there is usually about 10 in one area. So getting the right one will be impossible.

8 hours ago, Armitige said:

I've fed several bloodstalkers tames, and it's had zero effect as far as I can see. Still locked at 57.1%. And even if it is the case, it's a seriously terrible way to tame these things. It's already hard enough taming them with blood packs. As it stands now, they are pretty much pointless tames.

how exactly are you feeding bloodstalkers tames?  I still don't get how that works,  they just grab me, and i'll be damned if im gonna run around with a dodo in hand looking for a bloodstalker to web me.

I tried to feed tames a couple of hours ago but the Bloodstalkers always just targeted my character. Had about 6 tamed Dodo's around me while I was sitting on my Quetz (yeah, I have flying enabled). They didn't pull me of the Quetz and pulled me in just as I got off after waiting for about 20 minutes for them to target my Dodos. Tamed a 150 which came out as 192 and two 145s with the same 57% outcome... I guess I just spawn in some forcetamed 150s/145s to get something close to what they should've been. If Ark cheats me, I cheat back!  ? 

On 3/16/2020 at 8:09 AM, caleb68 said:

how exactly are you feeding bloodstalkers tames?  I still don't get how that works,  they just grab me, and i'll be damned if im gonna run around with a dodo in hand looking for a bloodstalker to web me.

I shoot the bloodstalker out of the tree with a long neck, lead it to a simple trap (4 dino gates with a pressure plate in the middle to close the gates when the stalker enters). Then I let the blood stalker grab me and feed on me until I die (usually carry a few blood packs as well) to get a taming bar. Respawn on a nearby hide bag, then I throw a cryo'd tame into the trap. the bloodstalker will eventually bio-grapple the tame and feed on it until it dies. Rinse and repeat with cryo'd tames. I've been sciencing this a bit over the last few days because I'm currently working on a bloodstalker breeding line and I'm trying to get more stat'd wild females. I fed one a frog, a tapejara and some argies. The argies appear to have the best effect on taming effectiveness at around 10% per tame, meaning you need to feed a bloodstalker 5 argies to get 100% effectiveness. I'm going to test if feeding them juvi tames makes any difference. My suspicion is there will be something you can feed it to get it up much faster than 10% at a time. After rereading this thread, seems like it might be parasaurs that work best so far. More sciencing required.

37 minutes ago, Armitige said:

I shoot the bloodstalker out of the tree with a long neck, lead it to a simple trap (4 dino gates with a pressure plate in the middle to close the gates when the stalker enters). Then I let the blood stalker grab me and feed on me until I die (usually carry a few blood packs as well) to get a taming bar. Respawn on a nearby hide bag, then I throw a cryo'd tame into the trap. the bloodstalker will eventually bio-grapple the tame and feed on it until it dies. Rinse and repeat with cryo'd tames. I've been sciencing this a bit over the last few days because I'm currently working on a bloodstalker breeding line and I'm trying to get more stat'd wild females. I fed one a frog, a tapejara and some argies. The argies appear to have the best effect on taming effectiveness at around 10% per tame, meaning you need to feed a bloodstalker 5 argies to get 100% effectiveness. I'm going to test if feeding them juvi tames makes any difference. My suspicion is there will be something you can feed it to get it up much faster than 10% at a time. After rereading this thread, seems like it might be parasaurs that work best so far. More sciencing required.

How are you deciding on the right one to knock out of the tree though, usually you don't/can't see the one you want and are always grabbed by others in the area. I don't know about you, but I have knocked about 12 out of a tree in the one area without moving and still couldn't see the one I was looking for.

6 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

How are you deciding on the right one to knock out of the tree though, usually you don't/can't see the one you want and are always grabbed by others in the area. I don't know about you, but I have knocked about 12 out of a tree in the one area without moving and still couldn't see the one I was looking for.

Tek helmet + spyglass while they're hanging in the trees, shoot the one I want. If you're on the ground they usually don't bother grabbing you. You can also mostly avoid it wearing full ghillie. I also struggle every time I get grabbed before the spooder starts eating me. Carry parachutes too, you can trigger them while being dragged and it make them reel you in slower, plus when you do escape the chute is deployed.

31 minutes ago, Armitige said:

Tek helmet + spyglass while they're hanging in the trees, shoot the one I want. If you're on the ground they usually don't bother grabbing you. You can also mostly avoid it wearing full ghillie. I also struggle every time I get grabbed before the spooder starts eating me. Carry parachutes too, you can trigger them while being dragged and it make them reel you in slower, plus when you do escape the chute is deployed.

every time I've been grappled I've been at ground level and then pulled way the heck up into the trees.

you gotta be kidding? 5 argies? on official? hahaha not happening, the bloodstalkers aren't THAT good to invest that type of time on to get 100% effectiveness on one, and that's IF something doesn't wander by and attack it.   Yeah, I think i'd rather tame a titano with boulders at that rate.

1 hour ago, Armitige said:

Yeah, you should be so lucky. I have always been grabbed from the ground wearing full ghillie.

Archived