Why do microbe swarms drop aggro but insect swarms dont?

JDRGamer

How long should i kite microbe swarms in the ocean before giving up because they drop aggro and just float in place? the two creatures are so similar cant they have the same AI

Why are insect swarms vicious yet have no use and microbe swarms parakeet fish drop aggro in the middle of the ocean and just float while your trying to utilize them for a tame?

12 hours ago, JDRGamer said:

How long should i kite microbe swarms in the ocean before giving up because they drop aggro and just float in place? the two creatures are so similar cant they have the same AI

Why are insect swarms vicious yet have no use and microbe swarms parakeet fish drop aggro in the middle of the ocean and just float while your trying to utilize them for a tame?

one flies, one swims.  there is the big difference  but the argo could be coded to be the same.

insect swarms will lose argo if you completely submerge yourself in water for awhile or enter a building and wait.  sitting in a biuild can can longer then being submerged in water but being submerged in water has its own dangers.   They will stay around the building for awhile after they lose argo as well before leaving.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue is not the difference but rather spending all the time kiting a swarm up to the surface to have it stop aggro and force you to do it all over. For a mechanic that takes so long and has the potential to be reset so easily it’s almost a troll to have the swarm fully loose aggro. Just spent all morning kiting packs to have them be low level and the tame get ruined while I go for another. Or finally I got a pack of swarms following me up but the top two just turned into background they were there but they wouldn’t aggro even when I hit them... with a 100 megachelon(sp) swimming all around them literally with them going through it’s mouth... this is a slap in the face, fix this taming as it’s terrible, let me tame swarms and mass feed or make a turtle trap I don’t know but kiting swarms is fine for a basic tame but there beeds to be an end game tame method as with all these buggy games you need to code and write around the fact that as much as you want everything to work perfectly it won’t.. so maybe dial back some of the realisim/ difficulty as it’s the main reason this gane is just people using admin commands and glitches.. your base game is stupidly balanced.. kinda makes no sense in some areas.. like no base defense against bugs.. you could have the most awesome end game base with all the defences but some bugs can still kill all your tames if they are in passive.. heck putting some on wander on aggressive doesn’t even agro them on the bugs... who makes a low level mob that can not be defended against in end game, especially one so annoying, makes no sense unless the game testers and devs only play with admin commands as well... mah 

totally love having a meltdown while playing a game to get my mind off life.. I’ll take loosing all my stuff for being dumb or not having proper planning but this poop.. I just want to grow some damn rare flowers on its stupid back! Sort your freaking game out! 

19 minutes ago, KirkStruan said:

The issue is not the difference but rather spending all the time kiting a swarm up to the surface to have it stop aggro and force you to do it all over. For a mechanic that takes so long and has the potential to be reset so easily it’s almost a troll to have the swarm fully loose aggro. Just spent all morning kiting packs to have them be low level and the tame get ruined while I go for another. Or finally I got a pack of swarms following me up but the top two just turned into background they were there but they wouldn’t aggro even when I hit them... with a 100 megachelon(sp) swimming all around them literally with them going through it’s mouth... this is a slap in the face, fix this taming as it’s terrible, let me tame swarms and mass feed or make a turtle trap I don’t know but kiting swarms is fine for a basic tame but there beeds to be an end game tame method as with all these buggy games you need to code and write around the fact that as much as you want everything to work perfectly it won’t.. so maybe dial back some of the realisim/ difficulty as it’s the main reason this gane is just people using admin commands and glitches.. your base game is stupidly balanced.. kinda makes no sense in some areas.. like no base defense against bugs.. you could have the most awesome end game base with all the defences but some bugs can still kill all your tames if they are in passive.. heck putting some on wander on aggressive doesn’t even agro them on the bugs... who makes a low level mob that can not be defended against in end game, especially one so annoying, makes no sense unless the game testers and devs only play with admin commands as well... mah 

totally love having a meltdown while playing a game to get my mind off life.. I’ll take loosing all my stuff for being dumb or not having proper planning but this poop.. I just want to grow some damn rare flowers on its stupid back! Sort your freaking game out! 

You’ve got the concept alittle wrong they “clean” the turtle the turtle doesn’t eat them and bringing a second swarm results in either them not agroing to the turtle or they do and damage the turtle. It’s 1 swarm per turtle and when you lose agro you don’t start over the swarm just stops moving you just swim up to it again. Best way to kite the swarms is to swim backwards using orbital to guide yourself to the turtle your swim speed matches the swarms speed making it easy to not lost aggro 

Yeah getting real tired of having to read on forums how to play this game... no indication whatsoever of how these mechanics work, figured the cleaning bit out and just eating the bad fish protecting the swarm more than the bug one.. but yeah none of that is my issue my issue is the fact they bug out and loose aggro.. it’s dumb to begin with having to go down deep to bring them up to turtles that never swim near you when you are kiting a swarm it’s like they avoid you.. either way they should swim to you when kiting, the kiting should have an auto agro some special ocean plant or brew that only effects them, either way as is it’s a terrible mechanic when it’s at its best and from my experience has been far from it. 

caught one but yeah this stuff should be in the pitch room for the idea of the mount at this point, how are they still not seeing their own formula? Like give us a bug zapper(simple bog fix) and swarm signal or swarm sonic(for ocean) that attracts them.. it’s hard enough already. 

also just dipping in the soace biome.. is it really fair that the flying guardians stay tight above me out if any hit box for a dino and hit me like the ultimate glitch player giving me no chance to attack back... totally seems fair, like once again make it hard but give me a chance, give it a random routine where it circles down and low giving me a chance to hit maybe a reload or recharge as once again you make the game op and everyone just cheats and no one actually plays the intended game, like half the streamers don’t know the base game outside Splus it’s pathetic.. after they finally let us tweak some things and added some Splus is obsolete unless you want to cheat, just adjust gather weight stam, increase stack size, engram points, and pickup drop duration balance it so the stam and weight still have an effect and boom a game that is playable.. how hard is it to look at the server settings of most people and realize they could just hard code difficulties like every other game so people can play somewhat consistently.. mah it’s this new free early access game mentality, really need to understand certain game concepts like saves and difficulty have been around forever for a reason, they work (I mean like a full set for each difficulty not just the already existing ramp that effects dino levels cross taming breeding and gathering, with some checkboxes for the specific changes) 

I played the first week this game came out spent 500hrs building a sp world only to have them add the swamp and delete my whole save file well they corrupted it because I built in the swamp.. the funny thing was they used to respond back then... their answer, oh just use admin commands to give yourself your stuff back...

worst part was I didn’t even know I could change the world settings as in so they were not accessible at first.. and once you start using commands.. yeah it ruined my first play hard.. then there was SE, had another nightmare there and lost it all, then breeding came out so I got it on xbox and spent forever breeding only to have them add the ability to tweak breeding after.. then abberation.. then extinction... and now this.. why do I keep thinking it won’t just be another nightmare and endless frustration that for some reason I continue to pay for... I own every version of the game but ps4...

sorry for the rant and unrelated zombie post just venting... 

Archived