Are Lava Golems tameable?

NovaSpartan

23 minutes ago, Akarulez said:

You can determine a cave creature by just looking at its level, generally there is no a thing that called "cave creature" to be honest. The creatures in caves are not tameable on other official maps because of they are higher level than max level cap.

well some are tamable, others aren't but if they are over the 150 limit they aren't.  I tamed a couple dung beetles from a cave.

I'd suspect that if a lava golem was tamable however, it wouldn't be transferable, just like the frost golems on valguero.

2 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

found this video:

I've seen the video already, the thing is people in the comments are saying that it's not working for them because the Golem refuses to eat implying there's a restriction to taming cave creatures and so clearly the guy in the video managed to enable it so it still doesn't answer my question lol.

1 hour ago, NovaSpartan said:

I've seen the video already, the thing is people in the comments are saying that it's not working for them because the Golem refuses to eat implying there's a restriction to taming cave creatures and so clearly the guy in the video managed to enable it so it still doesn't answer my question lol.

well like AKARulez and I both said, if they are over lvl 150 you won't be able to tame them, 100% sure of that from past cave critters i've attempted, but under lvl 150, sense they are a tamable creature, it should work.

• 6 months later...

October 2020 now, I knocked out a lava golem and had kibble made for it. it does not eat. I even put sulfur to see if it worked but nothing. I play official and the golem was a 90 and a 135. Both of them did not eat, we even carried it with a skif away from the cave and still wont eat. I don't think you can tame these things. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 11:08 PM, DehydratedWater said:

but certain parts of the cave has rock elementals that cannot be tamed. 

Where can I see that? I just see a spawn map for X-rock elementals. Nothing about that tells me anything about there being two separate types of X-rock elemental. It just shows where they can be, not where you can or can't tame them. 

While on the subject, someone said there are no cave creatures per se. To which I say, polar bears and yetis!

On 10/25/2020 at 2:45 AM, Fresiki said:

Where can I see that? I just see a spawn map for X-rock elementals. Nothing about that tells me anything about there being two separate types of X-rock elemental. It just shows where they can be, not where you can or can't tame them. 

While on the subject, someone said there are no cave creatures per se. To which I say, polar bears and yetis!

At the bottom of the image, there's the "Untamable" square with lines passing through it diagonally and the "Cave" square that has a black border. On the spawn map, all of the colour is surrounded by that black border, signifying that the X-Rock Elementals only spawn in caves. Parts of the colour have those lines passing through them diagonally, which means that the elementals that spawn in those regions are untamable.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a number of threads already explaining that x golems in the Volcano can be tamed, you just have to do it outside of the Volcano itself. They won't eat anything in or around the volcano. 

This means either walking it out well clear of the entrance or if you have a skiff, pick it up and take it to the biome border to be safe. Easy peasy.

Being an x variant it takes about 3x more cannon balls to knock it out though 

Archived