Ty for changed race timers, but now it's even worse.

deedoubleu

Ty for changed race timers, but now it's even worse.

Wave ray 64, oh man... Before "fix" is was obviously impossible and no sane person bothered with it after couple of tries. Now it gives you false hope, because technically it's doable, but! you need a perfect run and have no artificial obstacles.

by those I mean:

- rafts on your path

have 3 on my server. First is at the start and you bump into it slightly, last one is right in front of finishing checkpoint.

- buff is not prolonged if going through another booster while still under influence

still here. I'm certain people who placed checkpoints and boosters relied on boost prolongation to work properly because there are few occasions of 2 boosters being close together in a way that you will always miss effect of one of them. So you either have boost from only one of them or need to drop speed for previous to run out, either way you lose time.

contact with water surface

will sometimes drop your speed to a crawl while similar conditions in other place will send you gliding keeping accumulated speed

- ramp friction

shouldn't ramp be slick and send you flying without slowing down? atm it can just stop you on a dime no matter if you going straight into it, jumping right before or landing on a slope after jump. Feels like rough concrete and I expected to see a trail of my manta intestines behind me after jumping those ramps.

Occasionally it would work as expected. Inconsistent and rare. Race should be about my skill or lack of it, not luck of it.

- sharp turns

I get it, it worked flawlessly in isolated test level on LAN with 0 server ping, no other players, tames or structures. In real server scenario though it will make 130 degree turn nearly and often impossible. Borders everywhere only make it worse, as if rocks wasn't enough. Again, borders have very high friction and most of the time will mess you up if you touch it. 

- manta is warpy as hell

goes with previous point. Often it's just uncontrollable and moves in a series of tiny teleportations. First it's too soon to turn and next thing you see is you overshooting the turn and getting stuck in a rock with nothing inbetween. Even in open space on huge soft turn you will warp around instead of continuous fluid motion. I don't believe you can fix server performance or manta movement, but maybe you can change it to dolphin or change the route?

- jump command is not being registered

as simple as that. have to spam it to make sure I will jump over border instead of restarting the mission.

And no, there is nothing wrong with my keyboard, se                                                   e?

So. If you can finish a run on alpha without encountering at least 1 of listed above, then you are luckier man than I am and I salute you, but so far it just feels like i'm trying to poop out a bowling ball - no joy in process and kinda seems impossible.

UPD: Wow, I liked to think that you are trying, but that is clearly not the case.

Blitz, one of few races that was possible on alpha difficulty before "fix" is impossible now. I wish person who came up with new timers would not be able to have a bathroom break before they finish this race on alpha on live server. Heck, try to beat it even in lab conditions you was supposed to test it in.

Mods, for the love of dodo, please, tell them using random averaged timing doesn't work.  They. Need. To. Test. It.

I can tell them what's the timing for perfect run (0 mistakes and straight line between every 2 continuous checkpoints) for blitz and even how to get faster than that, but as I said in one of previous rants - I'm not doing their job for free anymore. Payment in high level rex or theri is acceptable.

Argh, I'm so pissed I need to take a break from genesis until another fix attempt patch.

from what the OP is saying from their discription it sounds like lag is playing a part in some of those which can cause undesired effects,  i've had lag spikes let me pass strait through the boost rings without getting any boost, and no jump back, only reason i knew there was a lag spike was all the 1's that followed in chat.   the lag really messes with the ramps as well and can cause you to fall short on the jump.

just gotta try the races when the server has the least amount of lag for you on official.

4 hours ago, NovaSpartan said:

I beat the Alpha Manta race my first try today. Bottle Nosed Blitz is the impossible one as they decreased the timer on that one for no reason and i'm pissed as can be.

Same thing with my bread and butter race, rhino 500. They decreased it to 55 seconds, a whopping 20 seconds faster than my best time of 1:15. It's hopelessly impossible now.

Just now, St1ckyBandit said:

Same thing with my bread and butter race, rhino 500. They decreased it to 55 seconds, a whopping 20 seconds faster than my best time of 1:15. It's hopelessly impossible now.

Um, that's kind of bizarre. Are you on PC because it's not 55 seconds for me. It's around a 1:20 seconds for me.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

Alpha Manta is perfectly doable ... in SP. I can imagine all the issues on a server make it a lot more difficult.

It's perfectly doable on servers as much as it is SP, but the problem is official server lag. Do it on any non-official server and it's perfectly doable.

As with many things like this the problem is the official server rather than anything else.

Guys who finished manta on new time, you can do it reliably 10/10?

No matter how I tried my best was just before or at finishing ramp, which dropped my speed so that didn't help. I can see myself finishing this race, but that would be 1/30 attempts.

If you race blitz all day every day for a week you can finish it too still, but that is not how it supposed to be.

I don't understand why they can't put the players that are doing the missions into another instance of the world that has no structures and dinos to get in the way of the mission. It would get rid of the mission build prevention in some areas that don't need it and could help us do these missions without some BS happening. I'm not sure if it would be too taxing on a system to do this but its better than making cool areas of the map uninhabitable and making the missions harder for no reason

29 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Thats weird I was unable to even come close to alpha Manta but Alpha Blitz I did successfully a few times, albeit right at the buzzer every time.

Im on ps4 btw

LMAO     And I can get Alpha Manta done.... I'm on PC.  I've come to the conclusion that we are part of a cruel joke by WC.

• 1 month later...

I have been spamming alpha ray for 45 minutes or so for 3 days and I have literally even touched the finish line and not gotten a complete for it. the lag is absolutely horrendous, and I end up even with perfect runs being 2 seconds too short to finish the race because of lag spikes rendering my ray a stuttering mess. official needs a race time buff.

18 hours ago, Gengar99 said:

I have been spamming alpha ray for 45 minutes or so for 3 days and I have literally even touched the finish line and not gotten a complete for it. the lag is absolutely horrendous, and I end up even with perfect runs being 2 seconds too short to finish the race because of lag spikes rendering my ray a stuttering mess. official needs a race time buff.

when you hit the final ramp on official servers, in order for the race to complete you need at least 5 seconds left on the timer, any less and it will not register as completed.

I cant do any of the race missions past gamma. I didnt buy this game for races. Its not my style of game play. I tried for 6 hours to do the Manta on beta and just couldnt do it. Kind of sucks because without the race missions I wont be able to do the bigger boss fights. So, an aspect of the game I will not be able to participate in because of stupid race missions.

Archived