Cryopods removed from the Hexagon Exchange

khanthe
Message added by invincibleqc

Cryopods removed from the Hexagon Exchange

It appears the most recent update removed crypods from the hexagon exchange. Since you don't seem to be able to craft cryopods anywhere but a tek replicator, this means that anybody that doesn't have the tek replicator engram learned cannot get cryopods. Not sure if this was an oversight, bug, or intentional, but if it's intentional it seems like a significant balance change.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope this wasn't intentional, we all started new characters on Genesis so don't even have access to a replicator so HLN-A was the only way to get cryopods. It was bad enough knowing we would not have access to cryofridges until transfers opened up, but now all our current pods will expire and that will be that. 

Hope this is just a simple oversight and will be fixed very, very soon.

I'm pretty pissed about it, I think it was intentional. I may be at the point where I can make plenty of them, but it was the nicest thing while I was out taming, or even if I wanted to start a new character. This map has multiple biomes and this has made it harder to be versatile without bringing a truckload of dinos.

Want to store your underwater tames without building a base on a larger server? SOL until you get pods.

bleh.

Edit: It's been confirmed to be a mistake on Cedric's twitter.

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

so.. were getting a patch to fix the patch that fixed the patch?

Welcome to programming. Regression bugs are common, and more so on large projects such as ARK. There is no way they can test everything after each update and overlooking newly introduced issues is easy as some can be very hard to predict when they are caused by unrelated changes. Just be grateful a game you already purchased is maintained and regularly updated.

Just now, invincibleqc said:

Welcome to programming. Regression bugs are common, and more so on large projects such as ARK. There is no way they can test everything after each update and overlooking newly introduced issues is easy as some can be very hard to predict when they are caused by unrelated changes. Just be grateful a game you already purchased is maintained and regularly updated.

especially with wildcard. has there ever been a patch that didn't require a patch released by wildcard? lack of testing the changes prior to release of those changes leads to additional bugs, regression of previous fixes.  I can honestly say Ark is the only game i've played that has has so many patches to fix patches that fixed patches.

Perhaps if they were just a little more willing to test their work prior to releasing it, less would end up falling apart with a new patch.

23 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Lol be grateful...? Is that a joke?

I should be grateful a DLC I payed 35$ for is being "maintained" aka WC is slowly getting around to fixing MAJOR issues with the DLC that was delayed twice yet still clearly came out too soon.

I understand everything cant be tested and planned for but it seems like they dont test anything.

For instance the rhino 500 that was recently changed to 55 seconds on alpha. You dont need extensive research or advanced testing to see that the race is not humanly possible to complete in 55 seconds. 1 guy playing it 1 time could have picked that up. Pretty stupid oversight considering theyve already recieved backlash about alpha race times being broken.

But I guess I should consider myself lucky the game is being updated.

• Volunteer Moderator
25 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Lol be grateful...? Is that a joke?

I should be grateful a DLC I payed 35$ for is being "maintained" aka WC is slowly getting around to fixing MAJOR issues with the DLC that was delayed twice yet still clearly came out too soon.

I understand everything cant be tested and planned for but it seems like they dont test anything.

For instance the rhino 500 that was recently changed to 55 seconds on alpha. You dont need extensive research or advanced testing to see that the race is not humanly possible to complete in 55 seconds. 1 guy playing it 1 time could have picked that up. Pretty stupid oversight considering theyve already recieved backlash about alpha race times being broken.

But I guess I should consider myself lucky the game is being updated.

So, the only example you could find to justify your capitalized "MAJOR issues" was a timer adjustment? ?

5 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

So, the only example you could find to justify your capitalized "MAJOR issues" was a timer adjustment? ?

how about all the things that they had to fix already?

how about the things the patch said it fixed yet caused more issues? one simple example: HLNA Teleporting.

how about the things the patch broke, that required another patch which broke things that required yet, another patch?

29 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

RIP your work for 60 minutes. 

which was my work for today.  I'm glad you know how to convert 1 hour to 60 minutes though, good for you!

12 minutes ago, robbed said:

reading all of this then go into hex store buy a cryo pod and what do you know it works. are all of you on switch or something crazy like that im on windows 10 version which is xbox and it works just fine.

PC Steam version.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, robbed said:

reading all of this then go into hex store buy a cryo pod and what do you know it works. are all of you on switch or something crazy like that im on windows 10 version which is xbox and it works just fine.

It's on PC steam version, so just you wait for the big console/Win 10 version to arrive next week then come back here and say hi again. ?

Archived