Expecting removal of reapers on genesis

Bambamgrief

a cheat or a Exploit, is still a cheat or exploit no matter how many people are doing it or not doing it.  Your method of thinking is flawed.  That would be the same as saying "Whats wrong with killing if everyone is able to do it?"
It isn't the same as it affects others while bringing reapers to genesis on pve doesn't.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

It isn't the same as it affects others while bringing reapers to genesis on pve doesn't.

So you feel using cheats and exploits are "okay" because of this?

Cheating is still cheating regardless.

Using Exploits for your own Benefit regardless if it effects someone else or not, is still using a Exploit,

Both should be dealt with accordingly.

11 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

Ofc letting the reapers on PVE affects everybody. Just to begin with, ALL the boss fights on official that you can find on youtube have a raid composition of reapers. And if WC is datamining the boss kills to balance the game this is affecting us all.

But also, stop the PVP/PVE obsession. There are enough proofs of that is happening on official PVE again. It is for sure happeing on official PVP too.

23 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

These guys aren’t Blizzard. 

Yeah I know they not blizzard, but is that your oppinion or confirmed information? Months ago when I was trying to enable dynamic config on my private server, I discovered that if I put my server in official mode it starts sending api calls to a known game telemetry third party service, so it seems logical to me that along all the other data they are also gathering that kind of statistics.

Anyway lets go back to the main topic.

So you feel using cheats and exploits are "okay" because of this?
Cheating is still cheating regardless.
Using Exploits for your own Benefit regardless if it effects someone else or not, is still using a Exploit,
Both should be dealt with accordingly.
Its not for my own benefit since others can use it too. Also someone was farming with a mammoth and asked me for help with killing a x-yuty nearby for him so its not only helping me. Its like the snow owl exploit last time, it benefited everyone and anyone can do it with 2 snow owls.

5 hours ago, caleb68 said:

a cheat or a Exploit, is still a cheat or exploit no matter how many people are doing it or not doing it.  Your method of thinking is flawed.  That would be the same as saying "Whats wrong with killing if everyone is able to do it?"

what i mean with that is that everyone was able to bring in their pregnant character. you didn't need to do anything special for it.

it wasn't a special thing you had to do in order to be able to do it. 

Not intended possibility , Yeah probably , but not a cheat 

1 hour ago, mogrot said:

what i mean with that is that everyone was able to bring in their pregnant character. you didn't need to do anything special for it.

Exploits are unintended but not everything unintended is an exploit, I agree with that.

Abusing something unintended to obtain something you are not supposed to (in this case a reaper) however is an exploit. It will also only be counted as an exploit until they allow transfer of reapers to Genesis, after that it's fair game.

so what happened in pve was they did the reaper thing, then they farmed missions for a ton of hex which aloud them to pillar around ppl so they couldn't build. yes you can report them but how long do you think it takes for you to get a report solved were they actually do something? now if they didn't have the reapers they could not have done that. 

4 hours ago, mogrot said:

using game exploits to get past mechanics that aren't intended, i.e. bringing reaper babies to other maps, is still cheating.

8 hours ago, caleb68 said:

using game exploits to get past mechanics that aren't intended, i.e. bringing reaper babies to other maps, is still cheating.

As is taming ferox with berries but no one was complaining about that exploit now? 

In the end when transfers open people will Rex stomp the boss with their 30k hp 1200+ melee hatch rexes anyway. At least reapers had a use for now. 

1 hour ago, Mrterry9 said:

As is taming ferox with berries but no one was complaining about that exploit now? 

In the end when transfers open people will Rex stomp the boss with their 30k hp 1200+ melee hatch rexes anyway. At least reapers had a use for now. 

Those ferox were all bugged and useless. Similar to how they are now still. They can’t breed or you can’t access their inventory or you can’t pod them or you can’t put anything in their inventory. Or they agro everything. Or they don’t agro anything. Or they dry hump the wall until you die. Or they jump to the map ceiling. 

ferox are bugged

It will also only be counted as an exploit until they allow transfer of reapers to Genesis, after that it's fair game.

Everyone is able to bring reapers to genesis, it is alr fair game.

It is intended, since now transferring dont remove status effects like swamp fever and reaper embryo.

1 hour ago, Quilleute said:

Uhh ?, you mean , had a use for exploiters and cheaters ?? You’re absolutely correct !!

Ok say wc allowed reapers and accepted this and allowed reaper transfers/ added queens. It would give reapers a time in the spotlight. But when the floodgates of transfers fully open, boss rexes and gigas will be everywhere, just like every other map. The only reason people are using reapers is because the x Rex’s arnt as breed out and decent saddles arnt as common, once transfers open reapers for the most part will just be display items.

Also for those saying reapers can clean out nests and get all the eggs, I’ve just spent the last hour collecting eggs on foot with just a cloth shirt, glide suit, 2 sets of climbing picks, calien soup stack of meat and a stack of fibre for shirt repairs. On official too. 

1 hour ago, Mrterry9 said:

1. (...) But when the floodgates of transfers fully open, boss rexes and gigas will be everywhere, just like every other map. (...) 

2. (...) I’ve just spent the last hour collecting eggs on foot with just a cloth shirt, glide suit, 2 sets of climbing picks, calien soup stack of meat and a stack of fibre for shirt repairs. On official too. 

1. Who told you those Dino’s will be allowed on Genesis after transfers open ? 

2. That’s what we should all be doing atm , or using Ferox’s or Stalkers. 
That was the  intended method . 

5 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

1. Who told you those Dino’s will be allowed on Genesis after transfers open ? 

2. That’s what we should all be doing atm , or using Ferox’s or Stalkers. 
That was the  intended method . 

It would be very strange not to allow rexes to Genesis since rexes are already on Genesis so ??‍♀️

and gigas well we will see. 

I just like reapers and from the trailer it looked as if we would be able to get reapers here. We could unintentionally, but wc should have just embraced it and added queens imo. Either way my reaper is in a pod in valguero waiting to come back over if/whenever that maybe. 

3 hours ago, Castlerock said:

Everyone is able to bring reapers to genesis, it is alr fair game.

It is intended, since now transferring dont remove status effects like swamp fever and reaper embryo.

Since when is everyone able to bring reapers over, isn't transfer disabled? Or are you talking about unofficial which is irrelevant since they have their own rules.

Just because transferring doesn't remove status effects doesn't make something intended. Transfers and swamp fever existed before reapers and being able to transfer a reaper birth is an oversight of these 2 mechanics.

Again doing something to get something you are not supposed to is an exploit (yes, even if it is easy and seems like something intended because of an oversight of the devs).

5 hours ago, arkark said:

You say this is fair, this dont affect others. That peopled abused of an unintended feature and are now enjoying their new tek skitff. Legit players still breeding and breeding and collecting saddles.

Does not affect me. I’m still breeding doing missions, playing the game. Only ones affected are those with jealousy. Fair, well everyone could transfer a pregnancy/ buy a clone. 

Intended? No but neither are a lot of things in this game that still exist. 

Archived