Race Missions

TonyTempah

Race Missions

I'm not the greatest at race games but I do like them and I was excited to see this aspect of game-play in the missions of Genesis. In single player or on a private server these are challenging but not as frustrating as on official servers. There are a few key problems...

Problem #1: Is that the client de-syncs with the server so that you find it difficult to keep the dino on track. You can be teleported or generally shot off in any direction and have to make your way back to the track.

Problem #2 Creature obstacles. I get it, we are racing in a live environment and need to avoid them but, it is common to have 4 or 5 dinos blocking a checkpoint with rocks, trees etc either side. For the Rhino ride you can kill your way through but you can't do this with a Galimimus.

Problem #3.  Players blocking the course; I don't think it is deliberate but rafts in the Ocean Biome and a metal base with Teleporter on Rhino course can stop you dead in your tracks. I think it would be sensible to have a "No Build" around the course and something that moves tames/Rafts off the course too.

Finally not a problem but a suggestion for improvement is to have the loot/rewards be relevant to the Biome you're in. Scuba gear for Ocean, Desert gear for Volcano etc. I know this is being looked at anyway so maybe this could be considered.

I completely agree, no idea who was behind creating these Races. But they are more frustrating not because of time limit but the fact your dino stops immidiately upon hitting a small rock or dino.

about dinos . . . honestly you can get fear'ed by a yuta roar . . . 2 stegos blocking path on galiminnus race . . . and like always but always on top of every checkpoint during race there are dinos. 4 direwolves fighting 2 monkey? Why the hell not.

You should be able to knock nearby dinos when you move towards them, and destroy small objects like trunks/stones.

1 hour ago, Kazaanh said:

You should be able to knock nearby dinos when you move towards them, and destroy small objects like trunks/stones.

Or at least "slide" around them losing small portion of your speed, not complete stop.

it's especially frustrating on officials, because they always lag no matter how fresh and new server is.

You make a turn see obstacle and maneuver around it just to get rubbderbanded right into it 50ms later. You turn and walk around obsta... nope, that was just your local client prediction and in reality you didn't move at all and still stuck in dino/rock. What you see is not what is happening on server and you get punished for it.

Every single race and mission should have been treated like bog beat down, which has an isolated arena that doesnt allow outside interference once the mission is started. 

It's beyond dumb a player or insects or a kapro can come kill you while youre trying to play basketball. The open world and missions should not clash, they should be their own separate entities. 

Archived