Server Hopping

x19XAOTBX91x

Server Hopping

Can anyone explain the best possible way to server hop between the island and scorched earth? I really want to get a wyvern. But I've been going crazy about how to attempt it, also I'm just scared that I'll mess up and lose a dino I cant replace. Any advice would be helpful as to what kind of flying mount, items, tames, etc to utilize while server hopping to capture/steal eggs.

6 hours ago, Leon12345678765 said:

You should try to take some foundations walls and some thing to build a small base bring a Petra to get egg high lv in crypto if u can when u travel server u have to wait 10 mins to take things in your inventory 

So build a small base and bring cryopods? anything cooldown for transferring dinos?

On 3/12/2020 at 11:10 PM, x19XAOTBX91x said:

Server Hopping

Can anyone explain the best possible way to server hop between the island and scorched earth? I really want to get a wyvern. But I've been going crazy about how to attempt it, also I'm just scared that I'll mess up and lose a dino I cant replace. Any advice would be helpful as to what kind of flying mount, items, tames, etc to utilize while server hopping to capture/steal eggs.

You could always go to Ragnarok.  Wyverns (and everything really) spawn in at the higher-end of levels, so you are more likely to see a 160+, and you won't have to transfer servers to get milks.

That said, to get a Wyvern to adulthood you'll need (in most cases) a way to trap and knock out female Wyverns, because they spawn the milks.  Alpha Wyverns (both Male and Female) will drop milk too, 50 from each one, but they can be tough to kill.  Baby Wyverns won't eat anything but the milk, so they will starve to death. if you don't have a good plan for milking females for the babies.  Some servers have community traps, which can make it easy.

About getting milks:  Don't pull a Lightning unless it is your 100% last choice.  Even then I'd suggest de/re-rendering the Wyvern Trench to see if you can get another.  Wild Lightnings can reallllly ruin your day in a hurry, it's best to leave them alone until you have your own Lightning (or a decently powerful Fire or Poison)...  But its not like Fire or Poison aren't a threat.  Poison kills you off your mount, and Fire burns away a percentage of your dino's HP.  Secure a way to get milk first (I mean PRACTICE IT), then hit the Trench and go egg-hunting.

I typically use Pteranodons for first egg runs, pumped to ~1200 stam with 250 weight or so.  ~1200 stam gives you 2 c-spins (which helps you to outrange even Lightnings' attack) and a great deal of sprint-flying...  Because when you take that egg, every Wyvern within render range is coming after you.  You then have to get them away from the Trench, and de-render them.  They will then (*in most cases*) despawn and won't be trouble for you.  Don't rest there though: Stash the egg at base and find a body of water to Virginia Woolf into.  Dying resets all Wyvern aggro, so no strays (if they didn't despawn) will knock at your door and ask for the egg to be returned. 

Then just hatch, and get milk (which you already have a plan in place for), easy-peasy.

24 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

You could always go to Ragnarok.  Wyverns (and everything really) spawn in at the higher-end of levels, so you are more likely to see a 160+, and you won't have to transfer servers to get milks.

That said, to get a Wyvern to adulthood you'll need (in most cases) a way to trap and knock out female Wyverns, because they spawn the milks.  Alpha Wyverns (both Male and Female) will drop milk too, 50 from each one, but they can be tough to kill.  Baby Wyverns won't eat anything but the milk, so they will starve to death. if you don't have a good plan for milking females for the babies.  Some servers have community traps, which can make it easy.

About getting milks:  Don't pull a Lightning unless it is your 100% last choice.  Even then I'd suggest de/re-rendering the Wyvern Trench to see if you can get another.  Wild Lightnings can reallllly ruin your day in a hurry, it's best to leave them alone until you have your own Lightning (or a decently powerful Fire or Poison)...  But its not like Fire or Poison aren't a threat.  Poison kills you off your mount, and Fire burns away a percentage of your dino's HP.  Secure a way to get milk first (I mean PRACTICE IT), then hit the Trench and go egg-hunting.

I typically use Pteranodons for first egg runs, pumped to ~1200 stam with 250 weight or so.  ~1200 stam gives you 2 c-spins (which helps you to outrange even Lightnings' attack) and a great deal of sprint-flying...  Because when you take that egg, every Wyvern within render range is coming after you.  You then have to get them away from the Trench, and de-render them.  They will then (*in most cases*) despawn and won't be trouble for you.  Don't rest there though: Stash the egg at base and find a body of water to Virginia Woolf into.  Dying resets all Wyvern aggro, so no strays (if they didn't despawn) will knock at your door and ask for the egg to be returned. 

Then just hatch, and get milk (which you already have a plan in place for), easy-peasy.

Well both of you shared information I didnt know about so thank you. Ive been carefully plotting how to go about it. By going to ragnorok do you mean playing on that server or just going there to steal eggs and bounce?

On 3/15/2020 at 11:21 PM, x19XAOTBX91x said:

Well both of you shared information I didnt know about so thank you. Ive been carefully plotting how to go about it. By going to ragnorok do you mean playing on that server or just going there to steal eggs and bounce?

You COULD by all rights try and set up a Wyvern-raising outpost only.  Make sure your SE/Island bases are good for a few days, pre-fab a little base to get you by, and set up in the Redwoods somewhere (its close to Red Obelisk so easy transfers if you don't have transmitters).  Raise the Wyverns there and take em back to your main server!  Or just get eggs from Ragnarok and raise on SE.  It will be FAAAR easier to get a high-level Wyvern egg on Ragnarok.

Ragnarok has the colloquially-awarded nickname "Lagnarok" for a very good reason:  You can hit 30+ second server-saves, multiple crashes, rollbacks, etc.  But the wild creature level distribution is way more slanted toward the high-end there (meaning, more creatures spawn in the wild at level 130-150, and Wyverns at 160-190).

15 hours ago, TheDonn said:

You COULD by all rights try and set up a Wyvern-raising outpost only.  Make sure your SE/Island bases are good for a few days, pre-fab a little base to get you by, and set up in the Redwoods somewhere (its close to Red Obelisk so easy transfers if you don't have transmitters).  Raise the Wyverns there and take em back to your main server!  Or just get eggs from Ragnarok and raise on SE.  It will be FAAAR easier to get a high-level Wyvern egg on Ragnarok.

Ragnarok has the colloquially-awarded nickname "Lagnarok" for a very good reason:  You can hit 30+ second server-saves, multiple crashes, rollbacks, etc.  But the wild creature level distribution is way more slanted toward the high-end there (meaning, more creatures spawn in the wild at level 130-150, and Wyverns at 160-190).

Now im more interested in setting up a mini base in rag just cause the dinos higher lvl. The only thing making me skeptical is the lag issue lbs

Archived