magmasaur???

Kodking194

magmasaur???

so i am not making this thread to complain but to get a few of my questions answered that i think others would also be wondering. so here are the questions

1. why does it take longer to smelt metal in it than in an actual refining forge, why does it also not cook wood, mutton and prime

2. does feeding it sulfur, oil, gas balls or gasoline increase its smelting power (speed and amount per smelt)

3. why does its food decrease so fast yet not want to eat meat

4. metal, stone and the ingots seem to disappear when the magmasaur is hungry

honestly aside from some PvP aspects this thing is kind of a let down. from how they described it in the upcoming months to genesis's release it sounded like it would replace or be better than the industrial forge. but it is worse than a refining forge. for something that is quite a challenge to get it really does not live up to expectations. and since they are only really useful in the lava and possible lunar biome (due to temperature in arctic and water and rain in the bog) it really is not worth the time. aside from its ranged attacks (which require ingots to use) its kind of meh. now if the forging time is reduced because it would be too OP to be able to speed cook =ingots then use them for the shots. then i would not mind them increasing the ingot requirement if it means they cook things faster, i also would not mind if they removed the ability for it to eat meat and replace it with needing to eat sulfur, oil or gas, hell even if it solely eats ambergris while forging i dont care. i just think its forging is useless as it takes longer than a refining forge. i really love the look and idea of the magnmasaur but its kind of a let down considering it was one of the most popular creatures first introduced months ago. btw can magmasaurs collect ambergris, if they cant i think they should. also can they collect element shards from the crystals and rocks in the lava biome and lunar biome.

From My time on this Dino yesterday.

Can confirm following

• No shards / Element from Red crystals, in Volcano inside and out.
  • Stone is its Food source when Smelting and non smelting , i have notice Meat Tends to heal the Dino, Stone is its food source.
  • Cooks - Prime Meat , normal meat.
  • On Xbox Official PVE , shoot projectiles  Doesn't consume Metal ingots  , <<< i think this is still bugged still. Even though it was stated in last patch notes below.

v796.12 - 3/11/2020

•  Magmasaur now requires metal ingots to shoot projectiles <<< Bugged still doesnt use Metal Ingots.
  •  Magmasaur projectile speed and gravity adjusted for proper turret targeting in low FPS

5 minutes ago, Ripborn said:

From My time on this Dino yesterday.

Can confirm following

• No shards / Element from Red crystals, in Volcano inside and out.
  • Stone is its Food source when Smelting and non smelting , i have notice Meat Tends to heal the Dino, Stone is its food source.
  • Cooks - Prime Meat , normal meat.
  • On Xbox Official PVE , shoot projectiles  Doesn't consume Metal ingots  , <<< i think this is still bugged still. Even though it was stated in last patch notes below.

v796.12 - 3/11/2020

•  Magmasaur now requires metal ingots to shoot projectiles <<< Bugged still doesnt use Metal Ingots.
  •  Magmasaur projectile speed and gravity adjusted for proper turret targeting in low FPS

well on my server it uses ingots, for some reason it does not say ingots removed for us, they just dissapear. maybe adding some sort if text like consumed ingots or removed ingots, also how many does it use per shot. it seems it doe snot require ingots when in the volcano, not sure if this is a bug or not but it makes this thing great for getting more eggs. so long as you have a lot of ambergris its fine. also i just thought of a way to use it as a tank. have alot of ambergris in its inventory, have a good saddle and high HP, melee and weight. Then just sit in turret range, and force feed it ambergris as it is being shot, maybe not constantly but something like that. then once the turrets are drained you just magma blast the turrets. anyway i want to know why it does not use gasoline or the other resources i mentioned that should boost its forging speed and why is it so slow when forging. 

52 minutes ago, Ripborn said:

Evey thing i listed is on Xbox Official server PVE.   

Magmasaur now requires metal ingots to shoot projectiles "Maybe only PVP settings only" we need Dev to confirm if its only PVP or Both PVE & PVP 

if it was updated to require ingots that would be both PvE and PvP. i have tested it and it seems to require ingots, when having nothing in its inventory it cant shoot the lava.

20 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

if it was updated to require ingots that would be both PvE and PvP. i have tested it and it seems to require ingots, when having nothing in its inventory it cant shoot the lava.

I had no ingots  in its inventory last night on XBOX Official Servers PVE , i could still shoot with out Metal Ingots.

Maybe the its not applied to Dino prior to the Patch.

My Video as of yesterday after the 20GB patch and the 7GB Gen patch.  as you can see Metal and stone but no ingots in its inventory to fire the range attack.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/ripborn/video/90314098

Like i said it maybe bugged still.

2 hours ago, Ripborn said:

I had no ingots  in its inventory last night on XBOX Official Servers PVE , i could still shoot with out Metal Ingots.

Maybe the its not applied to Dino prior to the Patch.

My Video as of yesterday after the 20GB patch and the 7GB Gen patch.  as you can see Metal and stone but no ingots in its inventory to fire the range attack.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/ripborn/video/90314098

Like i said it maybe bugged still.

should have said this earlier, i was on an unofficial xbox server

Archived