Will first gen incest make stats worst or better

dmun1

46 minutes ago, dmun1 said:

if i bred my spinos ones daughter ones father will this first generation of incest decrease the stats? please only answer if ur absolutly certain

An example;

If male spino has 500 health (BEFORE any points are applied) and female spino has 400 health (BEFORE any points are applied)

The baby can only get the stat from the parent. It will have either 500 or 400 health.

The only exception to this is if your dino gets a mutation. But a mutation will NEVER decrease your stats.

It doesn't matter which dinos you breed, inbred or not. You should just look at what has highest stats and try to combine them all into one dino.

3 hours ago, justplayingdead said:

An example;

If male spino has 500 health (BEFORE any points are applied) and female spino has 400 health (BEFORE any points are applied)

The baby can only get the stat from the parent. It will have either 500 or 400 health.

The only exception to this is if your dino gets a mutation. But a mutation will NEVER decrease your stats.

It doesn't matter which dinos you breed, inbred or not. You should just look at what has highest stats and try to combine them all into one dino.

believe it or not i have actually seen negative mutations. i have gotten one or two that have decreased stats. also i have seen a few syntac vids where when mut breeding he has gotten negative mutations. they are just extremely rare.

16 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

believe it or not i have actually seen negative mutations. i have gotten one or two that have decreased stats. also i have seen a few syntac vids where when mut breeding he has gotten negative mutations. they are just extremely rare.

Its not rare, its just math. The decimal (or whatever its called) eventually resets to 0 or - #

On 3/12/2020 at 2:24 PM, justplayingdead said:

An example;

rlly because i have hatched pteras which would normally hatch at 338 or 337 and the mutated ones hatched out at around 297 or 301

On 3/12/2020 at 8:35 PM, dmun1 said:

if i bred my spinos ones daughter ones father will this first generation of incest decrease the stats? please only answer if ur absolutly certain

The best way to get alot of mutations without going over the limit is by breeding mutated offspring with the original dinos.  

On 3/12/2020 at 5:50 PM, Kodking194 said:

I’m doubting they were negative mutations.  I’ve gotten unexpected melee before on a pair that should have gotten one of 2 melee at almost 500 ,  but instead got babies with 357melee.    

I wouldnt call it a negative mutation because I had that melee used in the earliest of generations of my bloodline.  It seems more like there’s a random chance of old stat dna showing back up for reasons unknown.

26 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

I’m doubting they were negative mutations.  I’ve gotten unexpected melee before on a pair that should have gotten one of 2 melee at almost 500 ,  but instead got babies with 357melee.    

I wouldnt call it a negative mutation because I had that melee used in the earliest of generations of my bloodline.  It seems more like there’s a random chance of old stat dna showing back up for reasons unknown.

I can't prove it's impossible, but I think you understand my skepticism without seeing stats of both parents and baby.

1 hour ago, deedoubleu said:

I can't prove it's impossible, but I think you understand my skepticism without seeing stats of both parents and baby.

oh man so glad i took pics of them then.  I didn't take pics of the parents at the time, but the names of them tell the story for me since i name them in a way i can tell what they are.  I'm sure i still have them somewhere in pods probably too if need be to get their ancestry's.  At the time they hatched though, I took screens because I couldn't believe it myself.

The moms name w/ the 1.x.2a1z means it was based on 6988hp/425md clean.  It has 2 mutations on the hp so it's 7526.5hp with one wasted mutation.  THe melee woudl be 425 since it's a 1.somethign or other and there's no -md in the name.  I didn't mutate any stats until i was at 1.3 version #s.  SO the fact it has mutations means all parents used at that time were completely matching on hp/st/we/md.    The father only had melee and didn't have any hp, so it was base 6988hp 484md.  THe mom had 3 counts on mutations, the dad had 8/20 on one side, and 12/20 on the other as referenced at the end of his name.

You can see in the following photos, I got 2 different melee outcomes from the pair.  2 eggs, same parents for each egg.  Parents had either 425md from mom, or 484md from the dad. 

Both 355 and the 366 i had in the mix at one time way back before I got to 1.0 versions of my breeding stock.  Soon as I had 425md put w/ the 6988hp, 1715st 3185ox, 12754fo 574we 425, i was at 1.0.  After that point I was religious in keeping stats matching or improving weight over time with new fresh tames.   Nothing used for mutating after that included any breeders that had anything less than 425md.  the 1.x on her name implies something was off on her mix and she might have had some stat off on stam-weight. probalby from merging the 609we into the mix at the time. If she had been missing hp or melee, i comment those in the names w/ a -hp or -md.  The .2a1z means 2muts above on hp, 1z means 1 wasted to the count, for a total of 3 on her mutation count.

EA1B55DF3EF57FC3483AFDFCF3D7F38AF2D4FFF6

1273F1B6B4B6D3C8418DEADD6AC9AEB26F502953

D4448D0F3AF02CAEC7EF08C872DF5D04683E6B9A

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

Another interesting note, the melee male came from another breeder who started w/ a baby from me.  They mutated the melee up to 484, so both parents in the end came from the same bloodlines, diverged, and were remerged.

But looking now, I have to go back and find her I guess, since the 366 is definitely a mutation on 355, I guess I was a little confused because I did have that same melee clean a long while back.  I just now noticed the 4 on that count.

@GrumpyBear

Alright, CSI ark, lets do it!

It's hard for me to follow your naming convention. Can you clarify who's on these screenshots? It's those babies, right? To figure out what is happening with stats we would need to check all of them, so if you still have parents podded can you please let them breathe for a while and add their screens too?

So far it looks like one of them got lowest melee from parents and other got same, but with 2 more levels on it from new mutation.

Yea, I'm pretty sure the mom will be around somewhere, the male might not be. but the female to me is the real unknown.

For me, my 1.0 just means that was my first best clean stats, any queen and king w/ zero #s after them are 1.0.   Those were guaranteed to have 6988hp/425md plus a fixed mix on the other stats, but those were all improved over time up to 1.5.  1.3 though is the moment when my mix was the most solid and most sold, hence why they appear in the majority of spino ancestries today.  

For mutations, i assign muts by visual order from a-f with any wasted mutation that's either on run speed or added to the counter w/ no effect is z.  If mutation counts are 20+, it becomes a Z.

So, if it's 1.3.2a3fZ, that means it's based on my 1.3 clean line, w/ 2 mutations above on hp, and 3 mutations above on melee, and with a total count being ineligible for mutating. 

1.x.2a1z is a flaw in my early days trying to codify my thoughts in a small string.  the x implies it's not quite any version # and doesn't tell us enough about when it came about.  It could imply it's not quite 1.0 even which I'm positive it didn't have anything less than 425, but sadly I need to see it myself to confirm.  had I named it better, I could be more sure.

Since the 484 came from someone else, I didn't include it in my normal naming convention and i listed it's bare bones importance in it's name, which was it's melee up front and mutation count at end 8|12 shows where the counts were coming from and total by adding together. 

On 3/16/2020 at 1:57 PM, deedoubleu said:

@GrumpyBear

Alright, CSI ark, lets do it!

It's hard for me to follow your naming convention. Can you clarify who's on these screenshots? It's those babies, right? To figure out what is happening with stats we would need to check all of them, so if you still have parents podded can you please let them breathe for a while and add their screens too?

So far it looks like one of them got lowest melee from parents and other got same, but with 2 more levels on it from new mutation.

So I did find the female and actually took a look at her.  I have to say, I was completely mistaken.   She did have 355md, the x in her name must have been one of the first ones when I was developing my naming conventions.   

I truly took all those pictures like a year ago thinking this is what happened all this time.  Might have been better to actually look under the hood right away.

I got egg on my face, but it ain't the first time, won't be the last.

56 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

So I did find the female and actually took a look at her.  I have to say, I was completely mistaken.   She did have 355md, the x in her name must have been one of the first ones when I was developing my naming conventions.   

I truly took all those pictures like a year ago thinking this is what happened all this time.  Might have been better to actually look under the hood right away.

I got egg on my face, but it ain't the first time, won't be the last.

You are the 1%, mate - people who can admit of being wrong.

Archived