Mining drill

Zendrall

6 hours ago, Piffguru said:

not sure but does anyone wonder why a primitive drill is worse than a primitive metal pick for farming obsidian?

Obsidian is a glass. Mining drill works by charging up the item, until it essentially explodes with, electricity. 

The amount of electricity needed to "explode" obsidian would disintegrate the dust and smaller pieces vs hitting glass with a hard metal object. So you would get less. Likewise why you'd get more metal. 

More stone than flint. 

I haven't really monitored it on wood and thatch or fiber and berries.

I like it personally. Perfect for a quick farming session. Sit on a Procoptodon leveled in weight and go to town.

11 minutes ago, PhotekPlays said:

buff inc plz :/

it should be an upgrade from a pick and hatchet not a downgrade, it makes no sense to use it bc too expensive to craft and it harvests almost nothing.

btw my anky does 65 metal from a rich node and this is beyond ridiculous, on other maps i have 200 metal, anky 400 melee, why is that....

Yea that is how it SHOULD be, and it is for metal and many other things but for some reason on obsidian it gives half the amount I get from a pick

Yeah the drill is garbage. It harvest like a metal pick with 0 invested in melee on 1x. It takes an obscene amount of gasoline to power, the range is terrible as well. Similar to the chainsaw the repair is leaps ahead of what you get from it. The only shining light is the weight reduction so running resources to forges/storage is good. 

Now on unofficial 10x boosted or whatever servers sure it might seem good, but on official its beyond the pits. Also even during evo events it harvests at 1x. Probably a bug.

Its crap, it produces far more secondary materials that primary. If I want stone.. dont use drill, if you want wood, dont use the drill. It is good for metal but thats is and not if it means going across water. Infact, if you live on the ocean biome, waste of time all together.

I have an acsendant drill, but It just isnt worth carrying at the moment. Maybe there should two modes ? Mouse Left for primary materials, Mouse right for secondary materials.

Archived