Who never bought genesis and why ?

ItWasntMe

18 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

I didn't.  It completely broke pvp again with magmasaurs/aoe teleporting wherever you want, among many other things and it will take them months to nerf/fix. I'll wait for the first sale and when the obscene amount of problems are worked on. PvE wise I hear it is fine, other than mindwipes still not working.

I wont even wait for the sale expensive or cheap it still will be full of bugs like all other dlcs

you all miss out on a great experience of survival and gameplay

honestly there are not that many gamebreaking bugs in this dlc, i can count it on one hand only so it's good :)

for me it's kinda sad that there were evolution events multiple times and 2 bugs still exist where you almost play on an "unofficial server" level... where you cheat the game, so it's def. cheating, even if the exploit starts in the main menue.

and this swarm in swamp made me move my whole base to ocean

it is a very good dlc, a very good map that is challenging with awesome gameplay elements and visuals. music is dope as always, esp. lunar xd

As any DLC it has issues, potentailly smoother then Extinction simply because it doesnt delete entire bases, but still rather on par in terms of amount of issues imo (maybe even more).

That said its not a horrible DLC (despite for sure not being my personal favorite), i can see a lot of potential for modders to make this crazy fun over time, but that is obviously not a selling point (or should not be at least).

The reason i bought the Genesis Pass, is because i got more hours of fun out of the game so far, then i have spend money on it. Partially because i got the base game for free during EA in the Appocolypse event, but also because i spend my money whisely and bought the other season pass during a holiday. So i dont mind wasting a bit of money on something im close to spend 4k hoursof fun on (and frustration, but less of that then fun), and its a 2 part DLC so who knows maybe part 2 is more inline with my game play desires ;)

*edit: And then i read the title said never ... back to the coffee machine for me ... my bad :( was close to not buying it though if that helps for the same reason that every dlc has quite a few bugs on release :P

2 hours ago, PhotekPlays said:

you all miss out on a great experience of survival and gameplay

honestly there are not that many gamebreaking bugs in this dlc, i can count it on one hand only so it's good :)

for me it's kinda sad that there were evolution events multiple times and 2 bugs still exist where you almost play on an "unofficial server" level... where you cheat the game, so it's def. cheating, even if the exploit starts in the main menue.

and this swarm in swamp made me move my whole base to ocean

it is a very good dlc, a very good map that is challenging with awesome gameplay elements and visuals. music is dope as always, esp. lunar xd

This is just 100% factually incorrect, sorry man. There are countless gamebreaking bugs and pvp is horribly broken on genesis. You can find all of this information on your own doing proper testing or basically every ark youtuber is sharing it. It's not a matter of opinion.

Edit: This can vary drastically depending if you're a more casual player and on private servers ect. I am only referring to official pvp servers, I have heard pve wise it is mostly fine. Although some missions can be severely abused for basically infinite hexagons. Hope you are enjoying the DLC regardless.

On 3/12/2020 at 8:18 AM, Usuallyafk said:

PvE wise I hear it is fine, other than mindwipes still not working.

mindwipes are working on PC,  did one the other day.

2 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

Edit: This can vary drastically depending if you're a more casual player and on private servers ect. I am only referring to official pvp servers, I have heard pve wise it is mostly fine. Although some missions can be severely abused for basically infinite hexagons. Hope you are enjoying the DLC regardless.

PvP / PvE doesn't matter, you can repeat any of the missions for the hexagon rewards.  for the most part PvE is okay, besides all the bugs & missions having issues.  But even in PvE things are happening that shouldn't, i.e. dinos spawning inside your buildings.

49 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

mindwipes are working on PC,  did one the other day.

PvP / PvE doesn't matter, you can repeat any of the missions for the hexagon rewards.  for the most part PvE is okay, besides all the bugs & missions having issues.  But even in PvE things are happening that shouldn't, i.e. dinos spawning inside your buildings.

Sorry m8 i tried mindwipes today and they are deffo still not working and im a pc player on extinction.

5 minutes ago, ItWasntMe said:

Sorry m8 i tried mindwipes today and they are deffo still not working and im a pc player on extinction.

did mine on genesis

according to the patch note - they fubared the timer for the wait period between mindwipes and its 'fixed' now, but who knows if that set timer is still set to the prolonged time.

4 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

did mine on genesis

according to the patch note - they fubared the timer for the wait period between mindwipes and its 'fixed' now, but who knows if that set timer is still set to the prolonged time.

A patch has come out which is supposed to fix the wipes but mine says 1day but i havent bloody used one for over 30 levels ....what de fook 

Archived