Remove win 10 from Xbox servers

Zachhynd

Suggestion

Good morning survivors,

as we all know win 10 players on the play anywhere for Xbox has caused ALOT of issues for us console players. Duplication is back, aim botting, other script is being made on the daily to basically mimic the GM script. 

all of these issues are making the game unplayable and making it even harder for us to play the game we all love have have spent countless hours playing. Now there is a few solutions.

1. Restrict the Win 10 play anywhere until aimbotting can be auto banned on win 10.

2. Wipe all servers and start again/ restore servers back to a set date. 

3. Turn all servers into legacy servers, and make a new cluster for small tribes and mega tribes.

4. cluster PS4 and Xbox together only and win 10 can remain win 10 only.

5. when transfer comes out for genisis start a new cluster of servers.

6. Wildcard screens community leaders and allows community leaders to assist them with the trouble tickets, ie. Allow for an entirely voluntary not paid trouble ticket team to assist with the furtherance of the game it would help tremendously with the games playability.

wildcard please take notice that we the player base love your game and only want it to succeed. We don’t want all these issues with aimbotting hacking and duplication. It’s a unfair advantage to us all and the community can’t handle it. 

this is how games like this become a thing of the past, ark has survived the past few years on the sheer hope that it will get better although it has , people still find ways to make it unplayable. Please let the community help you wildcard.

thanks again survivors,

zach

11 replies to this server topic

2 hours ago, Zachhynd said:

Good morning survivors,

as we all know win 10 players on the play anywhere for Xbox has caused ALOT of issues for us console players. Duplication is back, aim botting, other script is being made on the daily to basically mimic the GM script. 

all of these issues are making the game unplayable and making it even harder for us to play the game we all love have have spent countless hours playing. Now there is a few solutions.

1. Restrict the Win 10 play anywhere until aimbotting can be auto banned on win 10.

2. Wipe all servers and start again/ restore servers back to a set date. 

3. Turn all servers into legacy servers, and make a new cluster for small tribes and mega tribes.

4. cluster PS4 and Xbox together only and win 10 can remain win 10 only.

5. when transfer comes out for genisis start a new cluster of servers.

6. Wildcard screens community leaders and allows community leaders to assist them with the trouble tickets, ie. Allow for an entirely voluntary not paid trouble ticket team to assist with the furtherance of the game it would help tremendously with the games playability.

wildcard please take notice that we the player base love your game and only want it to succeed. We don’t want all these issues with aimbotting hacking and duplication. It’s a unfair advantage to us all and the community can’t handle it. 

this is how games like this become a thing of the past, ark has survived the past few years on the sheer hope that it will get better although it has , people still find ways to make it unplayable. Please let the community help you wildcard.

thanks again survivors,

zach

Cant run xbox and ps4 together.  Ps4 is IOS and xbox in Microsoft 

Hey all, first I wanted to thank the devs and Ark teams for all their hard work. I've been around long enough to see some horrible issues get pushed live and the resulting disasters, but the fact that they're holding on merits some applause and gratitude. That being said I'd warn this is going to be a long rant and I will try to paraphrase in the last paragraph for those with ADHD that want the general concept(skip to last paragraph👇).

I just wanted to beat a dead Parasaur on this issue and restate the obvious with some context. The issue being that although there are dedicated crossplay servers to allow console to play with PC; it is much less known on Xbox small tribes that PC players who use the Windows 10 platform for the game have the option to play on Xbox official small tribes servers. Most Xbox players aren't aware they're on crossplay there. 

Now I would mention that I'm old lol. I'm 32 years old and I've been gaming online since I was 12 and offline even longer. I've played online pvp in nearly every genre and every major release that has pvp in the U.S. The reason I bring this up is for a singular reason:  third party programs. There has been third party cheating all the way back in my time some 20 years ago. Back when you received your internet in the mail (yep) and after you had a modem installed in your 2k+ USD PC with 128mb of RAM, you heard an ungodly wail of your modem as it connected via dial up and bam online gaming. I was on Diablo 1 at the time on battlenet and things were great. Players could join and you could go die together and drop/share stuff and text chat or turn on pvp and go look for them in the dungeon. Then one day someone develops a for profit third party program to scrape some profit off the top of Blizzards very popular title: a townkill "hack". Next thing you know, you're sitting in town (a supposed safe zone) and fireballs, then death, then drop all your hard earned loot for the cheater, they take it and leave the game amd you sit there questioning DILO happened. Next someone else develops a program to mod your character file so, of course, if someone attacks you in town, you had infinite life and they couldn't kill you, then another program to insta kill, then a suite program that includes multiple programs bundled together, then the v2.0 that bypasses the server security protocols that prevented previous versions from working, etc, etc. Fast forward to Warcraft 2 battle.net RTS this time and things are great. 500 odd games in and you're a pro, bloodlusting/healing like a hotkey mf and winning. One day, bam you're getting destroyed left and right every single game they know every play you're making. They're always in the right spot and the right time and your gamer sense is telling you that you can't adjust to compensate for this so what is happening? Yep, you guessed it... third party programs. Someone developed a program that takes fog of war away and your opponents are watching everything you're doing while you can't see anything. Shortly after this Google became a thing. I don't really need to state this as it's implied with our current situation, but third party programs became more popular and easily accessed. 

Now as for me, I've always gamed on PC AND consoles, but actually favored PC. I snapped together my own gaming PC's and I loved everything about customizing and gaming on PC and at the time most online play was only on PC. You could text chat and programs like vent and skype were coming out to allow group voice chat. Then after Playstation2, they really started getting serious about online console play. Most games started adjusting their online host servers to allow console AND PC connections but there were no real guidelines as to how players were arranged after connection. Some games decided that since code had to be adjusted for console they would have separate online servers and some didnt. I think Xbox flopped back and forth a few times between requiring dedicated servers and not. By then I'd opened up a few consoles... whether it was after upgrading to new gen or because a system had broken (don't even get me started on playstation 1 disc drive laser lenses or Xbox360 heatsink either). I started to realize how difficult it would be (relative) to modify the software on these devices to cheat and that was a huge plus for me. Furthermore, I learned that because these console developers loved their proprietary profits so much, they planned ahead and enacted ways to verify if there were software changes/third party installed and would brick(permanently lock and disable) an entire console. This changed the cheaters game entirely. Instead of some 14-year-old being able to google I need haxx for CoD and instantly download aimbot, someone would have to remove their HD, modify the software with a PC, reinstall their HD into their console, AND know how to appropriately avoid detection rules that are constantly being updated for consoles. I would also reiterate that consoles are able to scan the software on the device without "technically" invading privacy, while if someone scanned everything on your PC there would be rioting in the streets. The combined risk of bricking their $250+ console(at the time) along with the technical knowledge required to do so changed the cheaters game dramatically. More players started to switch over to console because it was convenient and even easier to set up a game with friends in a party and just play not even realizing there were less cheaters. It was about at this time you started to see PC gamers whining that games were dying. You see, there are maaaany PC players that don't cheat, but there are still ignorant people that like to play PC vs console gamers knowing that it's harder to control on console. Despite any arguments to be made about controller vs mouse and keyboard I can definitively say that, for me, it is both harder and more fun to aim and shoot with a controller.

I remember the time when I was finally done with PC gaming. Borderlands2 sitting in town after beating the game and getting ready to grind with my friend from New Zealand for some rare guns when his friend joins. Now his friend has infinite skeleton keys(allowed you to open a rare chest in town for amazing phat lewts) when I know you can only get about 1 or 2 keys for beating the game legit. Yep you guessed it again, third party program. I immediately bought the game for console and I actually bought my friend an entire console and the game and had it shipped to him in New Zealand. 

(🍆 ADHD people start here) So by now my point and the reasoning behind it is quite clear, but lets break a few things down. The chance of people using third party programs is exponentially lower on console due to the fact that most simply don't have the technical knowledge and/or the desire to modify their console and/or risk bricking it and losing $400+ just to win at a game. Different system hardware can lead to different system performance and generally speaking, most PC are more powerful than consoles at this time. Finally, nobody wants to play with PC players because they 💩 where they eat. They should have to do it together on their own servers away from consoles unless clearly stating crossplay. So, please devs, remove PC from XBOX OFFICIAL small tribes and/or make console only small tribes. I know there will be some who'd say suck it up and play reg official where I believe it's separate, but I happen to believe the design of the game is best playrd around small tribe rules with 5 people max and 2.5x taming. This is especially true considering consoles current hardware limitations. At this time, I just can't play on servers that allow ESP and aimbotting PC players to play with console, or on servers that allow so many people to group up that you'll hit a lagwall and crash at every important transition point (over water so you'll drown every time might I add haha). Overall great game 11/10 would waste more time here and wish I could. Thanks guys. 

I believe there should be a new set of small tribes created that doesn't support Win10 Crossplay. As many people are still unaware, all Xbox players that want to play small tribes are forced to play with PC players while it seems other consoles have separated small tribes servers. Now I've read the arguments that the Win10 version of Ark is essentially just a ported Xbox version, therefore anyone looking to cheat and use third party software or update game files would have a harder time....This is simply not the case. Being able to edit files, inject commands via separate .exe, sniff packets, or otherwise alter operating mechanics on PC makes cheating infinitely easier, no matter what stripped down version of anything you might be running on PC. There is no world where PC players are not going to have cheaters using third party programs. I realize the same can be said for Xbox, and indeed all consoles, but the rate of occurrence is substantially lower. Altering game files or using third party software on consoles is generally more difficult and runs the risk of bricking entire consoles. Not only that, but it's just generally less likely to find multi-account console users. When a PC player gets caught cheating in a severe way in most games they may get an account suspension then account ban. Some game companies may try to take it a little further and blacklist an IP. This would be an obvious issue for consoles but on PC it's generally a non-issue. On Ark, PC cheaters use third party programs to rob legitimate players, and actually sell their sh** online for RMT. Banning a PC cheater who will just create a new account and buy the game using RMT cash is nothing (but does look bad for the game studios that force console players to play with them). Blocking an IP of a PC player with the wide selection of VPN's available nowadays is nothing. Now at this point some might be thinking the Win10 version is just running from Microsoft accounts and that's the same as Xbox...but it isn't. Nobody is getting their PC bricked for altering software and the accessibility to alter OS environments, variables, sources is not comparable. Stricly from the account standpoint, you don't have even a fraction of people running multiple accounts on Xbox console compared to PC largely due to console ID's and/or the ability to fake identifying information. Now looking at console; most gamers have a single account paying a monthly subscription for online play and a full library of paid games - initially costing a cheater substantially more if their account were to be banned for cheating .Furthermore, finding a cheater on console who can also spoof their console ID and who has loaded a VPN for console is....so significantly smaller in number it's hard to even quantify. I'm not sure what security measures WC has in place, but I certainly hope they're at least banning game ID's, IP's, Console ID's, and account ID's. In every single poll taken on any game, console players prefer to have the option for crossplay, but don't think it should ever be defaulted and the majority prefer NOT to play with PC. The only people who want crossplay are people who have friends on other consoles. 

I went to school for software dev and I fully understand there's no way to stop cheaters. There is no such thing as unhackable and there will never be a completely secure server/game. I just feel compelled to remind people there are much easier platforms to cheat on and that you shouldn't ever force game populations in with them. As for the argument of if you don't like it then make your own; i.e. your own server lol...I say why would anyone want to pay for hardware or for hosting their own server after paying for the game, the console, the monthly subscription, etc. etc. instead of addressing the underlying issue. This is especially true if you don't believe there needs to be huge changes to game settings. In my opinion small tribes at 2.5x and 5-6 player tribes is just about right(it seems most players agree too). I do see some obvious coding flaws in a 14:xx variable? autosave feature to prevent duping instead of using item ID's and some other blatant coding problems for efficiency, but these are general game code issues and not server issues.  Even if I were to host my own server then I'd need to try to populate it, deal with update push issues, new gen console compatibility issues that I'm quite sure will pop up soon, and so on. I'm not the one running the multi-million dollar game with those kinds or resources at the moment... For me, hosting a dedicated server is not worth it because nobody wants to advertise their servers to try to get population unless your settings differ wildly from default(which mine wouldn't).

I have a decent gaming PC that is much more powerful than my Xbox One X, but I choose to play on consoles as a fully-grown man-child 😂 for the very specific reason that it is harder to alter files/cheat and the risk generally outweighs the benefits, therefore is far less prevalent than on PC. With all that being said, if Playstation users do have independent small tribes; this would make a compelling argument for switching consoles on next gen. I know I don't speak for everyone here, but I know the majority of Xbox users absolutely do not want to be forced to play with PC players.

So to finalize I would offer a solution to a few issues here:

1. Should probably stop misleading Xbox players by not explicitly stating Xbox small tribes is crossplay, so adding a tag like (Windows 10 & Xbox) onto small tribes server names would be ideal. 

2. Creating new small tribes with (Xbox only) server tag is desperately needed, since other consoles seemingly get their own then separate windows10 ports(compatibility coding is it?) When Xbox finally realizes they're losing customers to Playstation because of their bull**** PC/Xbox platform nonsense, they will inevitably require separation anyway. This is all because of lazy MS devs and it will be better to get ahead of the curve on this one...trust me.

No thank you.

I run a cluster and between Win 10 and Xbox and we have none of the issues you are listing. In fact, doing as you suggest would lose a portion of our loyal player base. 

So unless you are willing to concede that this should be limited to official or a a select group of official servers - No thank you. 

On 3/12/2020 at 11:29 AM, SapphireSam7 said:

No thank you.

I run a cluster and between Win 10 and Xbox and we have none of the issues you are listing. In fact, doing as you suggest would lose a portion of our loyal player base. 

So unless you are willing to concede that this should be limited to official or a a select group of official servers - No thank you. I was referring to official and official only. Dedicated a should remain what you pay for. Official has to many issues with hackers and etc to even make it worth playing. 

On 3/17/2020 at 1:19 AM, robbed said:

here's a cool idea go play pvp on an unoffical server, clearly u are playing pvp so go find one that is xbox only.

Clearly you’re one of the win 10 players who are exploiting their unfair advantage of foreign mods, and going against other CoC rules, to excel in a official server, where all platforms should be held to the same standard.

B. Still need console only small tribes :3 PC players are trash cheaters/will always ruin games. BTW how are devs not even trying to fix hacking problem? You really shouldn't ignore the problem AND force players into that same problematic situation...since it's easier to generate like 5 xbox console only small tribes servers, why not just push them out? It would take 1 person literally 5 minutes and cost MAYBE $200(I know bargain cloud servers when I see em haha). Then you guys can continue ignoring the massive third party issues indefinitely as planned. At least this way you guys don't have to worry about the eventual backlash from Xbox/Microsoft. I've seen on multiple forums and different sites; people are talking about win10 to Xbox porting and switching to PS5 from Xbox due to the asshatery. It's going to come back and I'll definitely be pointing my finger at WC lol. 

Archived