Pointless creatures in SP

ShadowKrio

Ok, so I have been playing this game for almost a year now, but still there are the usage of some creatures in SP that I don't understand. Can anyone give suggestions of the usage in following creatures to tame? 

Megalosuarus: Night hunter, stronger than a rex in the night, weaker than a carno during the day

Arthopleura: Can destroy up to stone bases with ease, impressive (NOT)

Titanosuar: A pain to tame, and a pain to maintain, but pretty much invulnerable

Onyc: Great for...pretty much nothing

Diplodocus: more like diplo-dodo-brain, can't attack, can't platform saddle

Brontosaurus: Tank, can build house, flexible tail, slow

Proprocdon: Jumper, kicker, Can't use pouch for imprinting

Stegosuarus: Back soaks up turret bullets, mediocre for collecting berries

These are all the creatures I find pointless in SP. If anyone has suggestions for what I can use them for, you are welcome to share it

14 hours ago, ShadowKrio said:

Ok, so I have been playing this game for almost a year now, but still there are the usage of some creatures in SP that I don't understand. Can anyone give suggestions of the usage in following creatures to tame? 

Megalosuarus: Night hunter, stronger than a rex in the night, weaker than a carno during the day

Arthopleura: Can destroy up to stone bases with ease, impressive (NOT)

Titanosuar: A pain to tame, and a pain to maintain, but pretty much invulnerable

Onyc: Great for...pretty much nothing

Diplodocus: more like diplo-dodo-brain, can't attack, can't platform saddle

Brontosaurus: Tank, can build house, flexible tail, slow

Proprocdon: Jumper, kicker, Can't use pouch for imprinting

Stegosuarus: Back soaks up turret bullets, mediocre for collecting berries

These are all the creatures I find pointless in SP. If anyone has suggestions for what I can use them for, you are welcome to share it

Megalosaurus amazing for caving during the night

Arthropleura will not be attacked passively by many creatures (use in caves, slither right by!)

Titanosaur amazing for leveling you and your dinos up!

Onyc they have no use in pvp as well, they are put in the game to make getting delicious cave loot a little bit more challenging

Diplodocus amazing for carrying things and easy to tame!

Brontosaurus stellar for gathering berries

Procoptodon very fast traveler and great weight(knock back is useful as well!)

Stegosaurus also good for gathering berries early on when you have minimal resources, it is also a good tame to protect you early game from raptors! 

Anyways, i hope this answered your questions!

Few Points to throw at you, @145273

Megalosaurus : still, the only two caves that it can do is the hunter and the clever cave, but direwolves or baryonyxs can do it much easier without waiting 'till night

Titano: I meant for taming, not why they exist on ark mobile 

Diplo: You call that an easy tame? (well it is easer considering gigas and mosas and tusos and whatnot) but still not very useful considering argents are easier tames and carries more

Bronto: Bears/Rhinos are much better with combat capabilities

Procoptodon: Semi-Difficult tame, and their traveling speed is not as good compared to speed-oriented tapajera or argents

Stegos: Trikes are better as a tame, they can dash, and they do concentrated aoe so less chance of engaging in more attacks, plus more early game

8 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

there are alot more useless dinosaurs than those.

Listen, @Kaprosuchus, I made this post with the intention of finding out the use of the creatures I find useless. If you feel like some other creatures are useless and you have the need to say it, feel free to make your own post. Not to dissuade you or anything, but I don't feel any other creature are useless. 

1 minute ago, Castlerock said:

I find most useless dinos useful when going out on meat runs. Not all dinos will be useful once tamed. Up to one's personal preference for certain tasks. Some like onyc are meant for making caves slightly harder etc.

When you say 'useless dinos', what do you mean? do you mean your own list or my list? because on my list only the artho, onyc and the mega are capable of harvesting meat.

7 hours ago, ShadowKrio said:

Few Points to throw at you, @145273

Megalosaurus : still, the only two caves that it can do is the hunter and the clever cave, but direwolves or baryonyxs can do it much easier without waiting 'till night

Titano: I meant for taming, not why they exist on ark mobile 

Diplo: You call that an easy tame? (well it is easer considering gigas and mosas and tusos and whatnot) but still not very useful considering argents are easier tames and carries more

Bronto: Bears/Rhinos are much better with combat capabilities

Procoptodon: Semi-Difficult tame, and their traveling speed is not as good compared to speed-oriented tapajera or argents

Stegos: Trikes are better as a tame, they can dash, and they do concentrated aoe so less chance of engaging in more attacks, plus more early game

You gotta understand that all creatures wont be equal at every task.... these dinos are here for early game or to make the game more challenging.

3 minutes ago, 145273 said:

You gotta understand that all creatures wont be equal at every task.... these dinos are here for early game or to make the game more challenging.

I mean I do, but for the most part I just wanna hear what you guys would want to say about these creatures that I might find pointless.

For example Phlinger Phoo on YouTube Convinced me that Baryonyxs are great cave mounts, and before that I just thought them as aqua carnos.

humor me.

When you say 'useless dinos', what do you mean? do you mean your own list or my list? because on my list only the artho, onyc and the mega are capable of harvesting meat.
Your list. Some of them give a lot of meat when i decide to go meat run with a giga.
Personally i enjoy using the bronto to farm berries to feed my herbivores, large aoe and with a decent high lvl imprinted one i can lvl full speed and still have 3k weight to bring lots of berries back base. Ark mobile just not like ark on pc or console. On aber mega is very useful, and procoptodon for imprint bonus but mobile dont have either. I sometimes tame the titanosaur just for fun, and i enjoy deforesting large areas with it.

• 2 weeks later...

@ShadowKrio my thoughts.

Megalosaurs are there because of their cool factor and usefulness in night raiding. For SP, they’re pretty much just like a trophy, but can be very useful for a variety of tasks during the night. Plus, unlike other cave mounts, they can carry creatures.

Diplodoci are incredibly useful for lower level players. They are the easiest early game fast transport with large weight carrying capability. I used mine for mining transports. He is also incredibly useful in staying alive from predators... he has large health, decent speed and a knock back for hostiles. Also, the only berry farmer that can’t accidentally start a fight. I’m not sure how you find them hard to tame...

Titanosaurs are just like an endgame accomplishment and have their uses as wild.

Brontos are basically mobile bases/tanks and the best berry farmers due to their huge AoE. Jump on, few tail swings, bundles of berries and decent carrots (incredibly useful for early-mid game players). I only use them for berries as even at max speed they’re too slow for me.

Arthros have cave applications, but for me they are just an accomplishment tame. And they’re kinda fun to ride around on.

Onyc serve a specific purpose and just also happen to be tameable. 

Procoptodons are incredibly fun to run around the map riding. They are also an accomplishment of sorts. Decent knockback and they are great for leaving difficult situations.

Stegos are a staple dinosaur. You can’t have a game with dinosaurs and not have stegosaurs in it. They serve as the best beginner berry farmers while also being useful defenders with decent speed. They are also rather nice looking in comparison to some other low level utility tames. A stego is much better to run into a theri with as a newer player than a trike. Plus, they have decent speed and high weight for early game with good fighting capabilities.

You also have to remember they aren’t going to make the game much different between SP and MP, otherwise updating becomes a nightmare.

Archived