Big bases be warned. you might get Slapped by Dev

SpyroDragon

6 hours ago, DC9413 said:

Oh well, our bases are big too. But nowhere close to build limit. Impressive, rip for the wipe. I checked your server downtime history, looks pretty awful this month. I supposed you didn't build all that in one day, right? So I can't confirm that was all your fault. But since you were the biggest base on the server, people are just going to blame you regardless. I'd say try work around to stay below build limit, so GM won't have this reason to wipe your structures next time.

that's the point tho, everything they wiped was far away from the build limit zone (which is partly the reason why im still over it (in that 1 area ) even after the wipes) 

-- They didn't even wipe it all , they left the outline intact like a big billboard saying " rebuild here! " was hovering right above it

- the foundations and ceilings holding the platform was still there, so to rebuild all that was lost would only take 2-3k stone ceililngs to rebuild and about 100-200 large walls , which as u see in the vid and this ss below, none of any of that was in the build limit so im able to rebuild all of it with ez.. but the question is am I allowed to at this point?

- what was lost was " Near " The build limit, but NOT " IN " the build limit 

https://servimg.com/view/17849850/1013

On 3/15/2020 at 4:28 PM, Masurao said:

Ah, what I mentioned had to do with entering an area and having the items render as opposed to already being there for them to have completely rendered. If you've given the objects a chance to properly render in, then typically you'll have smoother gameplay.  What I speak of has to do with players speeding into an area and having to render the slower objects in, or simply just crash as a result.

We solved this problem when going to other players bases by just looking down at the floor for about ten seconds. For flying over, I've instructed them to hit the skybox and travel that way if by air. No issues rendering what isn't there.

I didn't find thatch too hard to snap when I was using it as a planning layer. The only issue was getting the metal over it at times.

I'm referring to it having a higher snap point (by a few mm) than wood. everything else snaps at the same height

thatch will push it up a little

11 hours ago, semo said:

Those people actually believe this freaking borg cubes are cool but for everyone else they are just ruining huge areas of the map. Horrible base. Well done Wildcard!

No idea how one can interpret a wipe as a sign for "rebuild here!" lol

1.cause it wasn't " Wiped " , they left the floor and outlines there, they practically just took my roof off.

2. I woulden't have even known wildcard did it if I hadn't put a ticket in because there was no warning at all just a bunch of " auto decay " spam in tribe log indicating I could just rebuild it.

3. they stated it was a " Rare case " 

4. Get all ur information before u make such a judgemental statement 

3 hours ago, SpyroDragon said:

1.cause it wasn't " Wiped " , they left the floor and outlines there, they practically just took my roof off.

2. I woulden't have even known wildcard did it if I hadn't put a ticket in because there was no warning at all just a bunch of " auto decay " spam in tribe log indicating I could just rebuild it.

3. they stated it was a " Rare case " 

4. Get all ur information before u make such a judgemental statement 

Couldn't care less. Those bases are horrible and ruining huge areas of official maps for a lots of players. Totally selfish. Play single player, you can still make videos for whoever might find this interesting, but you won't be ruining the gameplay for others.

They took a shot across the bow as a hint.  You didn’t get the hint.  They didn’t just wipe you to the ground.  They gave you a chance to minimize some of your build and put your important stuff in a new place if needed.  

i guess it would have been better if they had just chosen which half of the build to demolish.  

16 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

They took a shot across the bow as a hint.  You didn’t get the hint.  They didn’t just wipe you to the ground.  They gave you a chance to minimize some of your build and put your important stuff in a new place if needed.  

i guess it would have been better if they had just chosen which half of the build to demolish.  

it would have been better if they had left a note that said don't build this big instead of spamming my tribe log with " auto decay "  which is an indicator I CAN rebuild , theres no sign of " take a hint "  in any autodecay spam.

Oh did I mention the fact I can still rebuild my roof cause none of which was removed was in the limit?

Also it seems to me wildcard doesn't even know how their build limit works cause I asked them directly if I was allowed to rebuild the parts that were removed, that were not in the server limits to begin with, and they shrug it off saying yea you can rebuild there just stay under the limits.. even tho as you can see in the video, the places that were removed were far away from the build limit.

And as you can also see in the video even after the parts were removed, that area of which the build limit was actually in, was still over the limit!

Rebuild.png

It makes perfect sense. They gave you a warning. They didnt spent 8 hours carefully removing pillar by pillar but went with the bulldozer. 

After your rude reply they should just wipe the rest of it as well. You won't get the message anyway. Instead of bragging to enforcement that you still have over limit structures, how about demolishing them yourself? They spell out pretty clear what they "suggest" to you in that email.

Try saying sorry maybe. You went way over the limit abusing some game mechanics. Take some responsibility.

Good luck not attracting any trolls after that drama you are throwing here xD

On 3/15/2020 at 2:38 PM, SpyroDragon said:

Literally just removed this platform's roof off, the floor and outline walls are still there, so its like if im not allowed to re-build this what was the point in teasing me like this, and not just removing all of it??

I guess because they care about server stability more than they do about your base looking pretty.Seems like they removed bare minimum to prevent crashing, leaving most of your base intact and somehow that is also a reason to complain.

Seriously, mate, I would have removed half or 2/3 of your base.

11 hours ago, semo said:

It makes perfect sense. They gave you a warning. They didnt spent 8 hours carefully removing pillar by pillar but went with the bulldozer. 

After your rude reply they should just wipe the rest of it as well. You won't get the message anyway. Instead of bragging to enforcement that you still have over limit structures, how about demolishing them yourself? They spell out pretty clear what they "suggest" to you in that email.

Try saying sorry maybe. You went way over the limit abusing some game mechanics. Take some responsibility.

Where was the warning? cause in the screenshot they said I could rebuild as long as its not in the limit , what they removed was not in the limit.. so how is that a warning? that makes no sense to say that's a warning but then give the ok to rebuild at the exact same spot, which of case I would have NEVER have known wildcard did it if I hadn't put a ticket in 

11 hours ago, semo said:

" Abusing some game machines " -- what crafting a ceiling and placing it.. so abusing the game mechanics.

On 3/20/2020 at 7:18 AM, SpyroDragon said:

Where was the warning? cause in the screenshot they said I could rebuild as long as its not in the limit , what they removed was not in the limit.. so how is that a warning? that makes no sense to say that's a warning but then give the ok to rebuild at the exact same spot, which of case I would have NEVER have known wildcard did it if I hadn't put a ticket in 

The warning was removing half of your base but not completely wiping your whole account for clearly abusing some game mechanic to go over the structure limit. Going by your videos, you were fully aware that your structures were above the limit.

Next time try reporting it instaead of abusing it and making videos for your clicks. Now keep finding more excuses what they should have done and what not xD Most posters here seem to agree with enforcement that it was your own fault.

Learn to take responsibility.

On 3/20/2020 at 7:23 AM, SpyroDragon said:

" Abusing some game machines " -- what crafting a ceiling and placing it.. so abusing the game mechanics.

Thats how you self-entitled victims always operate XD

I place ceilings and pillars all day, and never once I had issues with enforcement.

I sense there is more to this story. Like going 5k over the structure limit or something.

4 hours ago, semo said:

The warning was removing half of your base but not completely wiping your whole account for clearly abusing some game mechanic to go over the structure limit. Going by your videos, you were fully aware that your structures were above the limit.

Next time try reporting it instaead of abusing it and making videos for your clicks. Now keep finding more excuses what they should have done and what not xD Most posters here seem to agree with enforcement that it was your own fault.

Learn to take responsibility.

if that was a warning why did wildcard literally give me the OK to rebuild at the exact same location.

2. a warning shows up in tribe log as " ark enforcement " not " Auto decay " 

#whenuactlikeagmbutdontknowsh**

Learn to read.

They should of just done a total wipe of all structures/dino's and been done with it, but hey go rebuild it maybe next time they will just global ban you then 50+ people can enjoy playing on the servers that are hosted off that box. Bases like this bringing servers to a crawl go build on single player or rent your own server instead of making everyone experience the constant lag spikes and extra long server saves due to your base. And OBS really didn't have all that much to do with the video being as choppy/freeze frame as it was, if you recorded a reasonable size base you would have no issues with the recording, it only exaggerates what you are experiencing a small amount.

Archived