Big bases be warned. you might get Slapped by Dev

SpyroDragon

I can see this happening. He even built his base out of stone - a known contributor for its mass rendering issues - when compared to metal.

Be built cheaply and took up massive amounts of space and started to destabilize the integrity of a server that probably had 30% overall stability in the first place, because everyone here knows how terrible they are. If your server lags and rubberbands with 7/70 personnel, I don't understand the logic of attempting to destroy that already-limited functionality.

On 3/12/2020 at 3:06 PM, Masurao said:

I can see this happening. He even built his base out of stone - a known contributor for its mass rendering issues - when compared to metal.

Be built cheaply and took up massive amounts of space and started to destabilize the integrity of a server that probably had 30% overall stability in the first place, because everyone here knows how terrible they are. If your server lags and rubberbands with 7/70 personnel, I don't understand the logic of attempting to destroy that already-limited functionality.

wait...

stone has rendering issues?

where and how do I get more info about this

I don't understand your confusion.

Should GMs inform you about your base being horrible at least after removing part of it if not before? Yes.

Is there some issues with limit counter? Yes. Evidently. 

Does this mean you should keep trashing the server getting 1 frame per hour just because game shows you can shove yet another pillar there? Definitely not.

Use some common sense. You are dropping frames and lagging like crap in your own base which is 90% empty. Just wasted space that serves no other purpose other than crashing the server.

I wish they did this kind of cleanups more often.

47 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

I don't understand your confusion.

Should GMs inform you about your base being horrible at least after removing part of it if not before? Yes.

Is there some issues with limit counter? Yes. Evidently. 

Does this mean you should keep trashing the server getting 1 frame per hour just because game shows you can shove yet another pillar there? Definitely not.

Use some common sense. You are dropping frames and lagging like crap in your own base which is 90% empty. Just wasted space that serves no other purpose other than crashing the server.

I wish they did this kind of cleanups more often.

To advocate for Spyro a TOUCH, I don't honestly think his purpose was to crash out the server.  I just think he likes to build big to have a big base, not to crash the server.  THAT SAID, yeah.  It's 100% insane to have a base that big and it be mostly empty.  A space-cushion around your base, yes I get it.  But a fortress bigger than anything I've ever dreamt of building, in fact, bigger than anything many people have ever dreamt of building, that is ALSO 90% empty, yeah that's bananas.

What I want to know is, how he got all the way up to 19000+/15750 in places.  Was the actual build/structure limit not in place, or did he find a way around the structure cap to get that far over?  That's the only suspect part to me.  EDIT:  Maybe he says it toward the end of the video, I don't know, I have to leave and head to work.

14 hours ago, HiImZech said:

wait...

stone has rendering issues?

where and how do I get more info about this

Indeed. Metal has less geometry to render, so typically appears on your screen faster then you speed in, as opposed to the  stone walls and behemoth gates that were invisible up until about...say...sometimes 7-to-8 seconds upon arrival. 

You should try it out for yourself; it can make a world of difference. Just not very cheap and readily available for everyone.

4 hours ago, Masurao said:

Indeed. Metal has less geometry to render, so typically appears on your screen faster then you speed in, as opposed to the  stone walls and behemoth gates that were invisible up until about...say...sometimes 7-to-8 seconds upon arrival. 

You should try it out for yourself; it can make a world of difference. Just not very cheap and readily available for everyone.

shoot

I hardly use stone because I have to craft them on my body

based on every tier type possible can you tell me what's the ranking for render from easiest to hardest

I do not lag at all at the base,  the reason the frames are dropping in the video is because OBS was being garbage I just now noticed the video was dropping frames, that was obs not what looked like in-game, and the reason why I had this big base with empty rooms was because I was replicating another game, and iv had this size for over 2 years before they done this, and even in the ticket they said it was " rare case ".

And yes if u read the description it has timestamps 

Heres what it looked like before the dev/s got involved.

19 hours ago, TheDonn said:

To advocate for Spyro a TOUCH, I don't honestly think his purpose was to crash out the server.  I just think he likes to build big to have a big base, not to crash the server.  THAT SAID, yeah.  It's 100% insane to have a base that big and it be mostly empty.  A space-cushion around your base, yes I get it.  But a fortress bigger than anything I've ever dreamt of building, in fact, bigger than anything many people have ever dreamt of building, that is ALSO 90% empty, yeah that's bananas.

What I want to know is, how he got all the way up to 19000+/15750 in places.  Was the actual build/structure limit not in place, or did he find a way around the structure cap to get that far over?  That's the only suspect part to me.  EDIT:  Maybe he says it toward the end of the video, I don't know, I have to leave and head to work.

SKIP to 8:07 - I explain how the build limit works there and how it got to 20k/15750

Also I had it up to 22k in some places , And how I did it , was just like in the video,  you just build around it, I knew exactly what I wanted if you saw my video on what it replicated, so yea I had to demolish half the base once I messed up somewhere just to place a few more things then rebuild all of it just to add a few more walls where they should be , it took carefull planning and knowing exactly what u wanted inside the bubble before the bubble got there.

Example 1 time -- I was 18k/15750 , and I axidently blew a hole in the glass bridge, and I couldent fix because the build limit, so I had to demolish stuff until it was 15749/15750 , replaced the glass ceiling but since the build limit is so small once u hit I also placed a few other things I knew the bubble would be at once I replace all the crap I just demolished making the limit increase and slightly bigger.

its a matter of knowing where the bubble was at, knowing what u want, demloshing crap till ur under the limit, then having the mental picture of where the limit was … build everything you demolished back, starting back at the center of where it was and out.. sorry for the confusion if it caused any I should prob make a better video about it than in a rant.

Just to keep in mind I never got any warning in tribe log, tribe log was all " Auto decay " spam. Orginally I just thought they auto decayed and that made no sense to me for me to put the ticket in.. if I hadn't put that ticket in I would have kept the orginial thought process of  " oh well I better start rebuilding again " , I would have never have known wildcard did it if I hadn't put the ticket in asking about it. keep that in mind.

Feel free to add me on steam if yalls have further questions id be more than willing to awnser

https://steamcommunity.com/id/rtcwspyro/

On 3/12/2020 at 12:46 AM, madjimrogers said:

why even build a base that big anymore?  you cant even move around in it without experience frame lag lol.  learn to build small efficient bases

1. Because nowhere in ark.gg/coc says im not allowed to nor anywhere on the forums besides maybe this one, but this one don't count if were talking before this post

2. that's obs lag , not game lag 

3. what makes u think I don't know how to make a small efficient base? , that part was just judgemental

47 minutes ago, SpyroDragon said:

read the description.. it does.

That does not show when you embed it in your post so again: post with timestamps if you want people to watch; or at the very least tell people that they need to go to YouTube to watch the video there and read the description.

I'm not trying to be annoying. I really don't care about this post, I'm just trying to help: If you really want people to watch and care, you have to make it easy for them and not bore the hell out of them before they get to what your point is.

You can escape the build limit by building across multiple zones.  Say you park your building in the four corners of where 4 zones meet,  you can have a build limit of 60k pieces.

devs along while back said it’s better to build wide than tall if you want to build big.  I’m assuming they thought people would do that on their personal servers,  not officials.  Or at the time, they didn’t realize the impact it would have on official performance.

I think the OP should have just kept his mouth shut.  If I were a mod I would have put this guy back up for deletion.

theres a base on 441 extinction in the city where if I even look in its direction my pc goes down to 1 frame a second.  It takes 2 minutes just to look away after accidentally loading it into view.  I have absolutely no sympathy for the OP.  Especially after watching several

minutes of the whining in the video.  That was a huge waste of time and I didn’t even watch halfway since it was him just saying the same thing over and over again.

14 hours ago, HiImZech said:

shoot

I hardly use stone because I have to craft them on my body

based on every tier type possible can you tell me what's the ranking for render from easiest to hardest

Not entirely sure to be honest. I'm just aware that stone is the biggest culprit, followed by Tek I believe. Thatch for some reason lacks this problem, but who's really going to be building out of that stuff in bulk, just to have a dodo sneeze on it and pull 500 damage to it? I haven't noticed any wood rendering issues either, but then again I have yet to come across a base built entirely out of this in large scale.

3 hours ago, Masurao said:

Not entirely sure to be honest. I'm just aware that stone is the biggest culprit, followed by Tek I believe. Thatch for some reason lacks this problem, but who's really going to be building out of that stuff in bulk, just to have a dodo sneeze on it and pull 500 damage to it? I haven't noticed any wood rendering issues either, but then again I have yet to come across a base built entirely out of this in large scale.

Skip to 4:20 , I made the entire base you saw in the previous videos completely out of thatch first, infact in the previous videos the  parts of the base u see in day 32 were still being held up by wooden pillars cause I was too lazy to convert them all to stone.

5 hours ago, Masurao said:

...I have a base with thatch around because I too am lazy to convert them and they form a non-vital part of the build

I usually find the metal and wood load faster than thatch, but its negligible differences

also thatch's got bad snapping so I'm not surprised it doesn't contribute to server load.

things snapping to thatch structure are a micron taller than other materials

Oh well, our bases are big too. But nowhere close to build limit. Impressive, rip for the wipe. I checked your server downtime history, looks pretty awful this month. I supposed you didn't build all that in one day, right? So I can't confirm that was all your fault. But since you were the biggest base on the server, people are just going to blame you regardless. I'd say try work around to stay below build limit, so GM won't have this reason to wipe your structures next time.

3 hours ago, SpyroDragon said:

Skip to 4:20 , I made the entire base you saw in the previous videos completely out of thatch first, infact in the previous videos the  parts of the base u see in day 32 were still being held up by wooden pillars cause I was too lazy to convert them all to stone.

Ah, what I mentioned had to do with entering an area and having the items render as opposed to already being there for them to have completely rendered. If you've given the objects a chance to properly render in, then typically you'll have smoother gameplay.  What I speak of has to do with players speeding into an area and having to render the slower objects in, or simply just crash as a result.

We solved this problem when going to other players bases by just looking down at the floor for about ten seconds. For flying over, I've instructed them to hit the skybox and travel that way if by air. No issues rendering what isn't there.

1 hour ago, HiImZech said:

...I have a base with thatch around because I too am lazy to convert them and they form a non-vital part of the build

I usually find the metal and wood load faster than thatch, but its negligible differences

also thatch's got bad snapping so I'm not surprised it doesn't contribute to server load.

things snapping to thatch structure are a micron taller than other materials

I didn't find thatch too hard to snap when I was using it as a planning layer. The only issue was getting the metal over it at times.

I've been at this build for over years (too long) now, I kinda wanna rebuild the base the way I had it, there was nowhere wildcard stated I coulden't and they did say it was a rare case.. I wanna finish what I started but the question is.. am I allowed to?? I mean they left the outline still incontact so all I really have to do is make ceililngs and walls and couple behemoth gates.

Literally just removed this platform's roof off, the floor and outline walls are still there, so its like if im not allowed to re-build this what was the point in teasing me like this, and not just removing all of it??

https://servimg.com/view/17849850/1013

Archived