Ferox Remains Broken

iChefBae

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was taming a 150 on a private server and it doesn't look like taming multipliers do anything. It has to transform 20 times (gets 5% taming each time it transforms) and requires 1-2 element to transform which means you're going to need at least 20-40 element. I would bring 40 if all possible. Ferox doesn't get bonus levels after taming, not sure if intended or a bug. WC needs to give us clarification on this but either way it's a faulty system. Any obtained before the "fix" are now superior and once again punishes newer players who get them because they can only get inferior Feroxes. If this is a bug for the bonus levels I don't know how it got past QA if the Ferox imprinting bug didn't get past QA. I'm almost tempted to think it wasn't tested.

For those still willing to tame one, I advise a Bloodstalker. Just make it transform and web it after it transforms, making it unable to do anything. Once it reverts press X to release the web, feed element again, repeat.

• 2 weeks later...

Ferox breeding does not work so dont waste your time trying. Devs need to fix this asap, also Bloodstalkers again require insane amount of blood now to tame (over a 1000 for a high level ) where as before a 150 required around 250 blood packs, Seems Genesis is broken, not that ark even cares seeing blue screens etc is still the norm as from the day this game came out. 

I am wondering when they will fix the Ferox breeding seeing a lot of people are losing elements trying to breed them and only to find out that its bugged and ya no longer can breed Feroxes, I mean common wildcard, ah and also blood-stalkers yet again require over 1000 k blood for a decent high level, where as 2 weeks ago before the update a 145 or a 150 required around 250 blood packs. What is going on Wildcard 

3 hours ago, Reb26 said:

Ferox breeding does not work so dont waste your time trying. Devs need to fix this asap, also Bloodstalkers again require insane amount of blood now to tame (over a 1000 for a high level ) where as before a 150 required around 250 blood packs, Seems Genesis is broken, not that ark even cares seeing blue screens etc is still the norm as from the day this game came out. 

Almost nothing works now. Genesis was more stable at launch than it is now. HLNA dissapears randomly, glitches in-game can't be accessed and fixed (just like irl), taming stuff barley works. This is ridiculous.

12 hours ago, Reb26 said:

there is a guy on our genesis server thats been breeding ferox without issue.  the only thing that is a issue is the gestation period doesn't show but its 13hrs and some minutes.  Other then that now showing on the screen, he hasn't had any issues breeding them.

patch 309.42 undid a bunch of stuff from 309.4, but patch 309.44 corrected many of those (even though they didn't list what was corrected in the patch). 

i agree bloodstalkers are insane to tame how though, moreso then the turtles.  The bloodstalkers were good originally for taming, but all the changes they did to the taming just seems to make them difficult to even tame, not to mention that 1/2 the time they grab you the web breaks.

I did tame a few feroxes on official. There is no progress bar like in other dinos, but there is blue text about how many % is done. Other issue is with keeping levels. After tame it had same lvl but stats were a bit higher, when put in cryo and then released lvl was correct ie. 145 went to 217. It was a female and i wanted to breed her, after transformation she lost all levels and went permanetly to lvl 145.

Of course there are still issues with anti-meshing during taming and sometimes when it goes back to small form it can dissapear uder the ground.

I have no issues with breeding feroxes, especially those caught with berry metod. Imprint works fine with them.

I have two Ferox tameados from the beginning of genesis and very chetado, because one of them does not allow the inventory to empty and there comes a time that can not move until it is small and you give it again and another that does not let me give it element, a few days ago they were fine, what the raptor is going on?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Joebl0w13 changed the title to Ferox Remains Broken

To add.... No matter if its tamed, bred from current ferox or even pre KO tame, they will often but randomly transform and make the growl as if transitioning from big to small form. when this happens you A) cannot take or put into it's inventory and B) cannot equip helmets which is essential. Secondly... the breeding is so beyond broken and inconsistent that no matter what you do, if you breed two feroxes, the baby will get a similar bred down stat but the moment it makes its first transformation, the stats are completely randomized. i had triplets that transformed all with utterly different stats... WildCard has some amazing ideas but is hands down one of the most letdown, foolish and couldn't care less about what matters companies i have ever seen.

This will still need to be confirmed, but my ferox that lost levels after transforming still has stats that correspond to her higher level post-tame. Using Smart Breeder stat testing, it's showing that the total stats should be impossible for the displayed level.

Maybe the stats remain, but the displayed level is glitched?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Sooooo....... about the Ferox and its on going stat issues that never seem to be addressed.    I have recently been messing with the little creatures that would be great for countering a few of the over powered dinos if there stats would work the way they should. right now it all seems random going form small to big but it is because the breed line is muddy. if you look at the stats of a wild ferox you will notice that its wild stats are the same as the large ferox after taming which means it is not getting the bonus levels from taming effectiveness on the large form but it is getting it on the small form which causes a lot of stat confusion. this tame is way under used for counters in raids cause the stats are not consistent enough for anyone to want to breed. will this dino be fixed so it becomes more useful for raids and pve events or will it just stay broken? change the meta. this tame could be so useful if the stats worked and made using the element worth it. it cost so much to keep it in the fight to counter dinos for it to not work due to stat issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I will continue to post on Ferox issues until I get a response..... 3x event for Easter for taming all  creatures with the exception of the Ferox. so I get that ark creates creatures that can be OP or underwhelming or glitching like meshing itself (rock drake) or instant tame (argy,ferox,trop.) but why change the taming bar making it to where the basic coding that allows for increase rates wont effect it? I believe this is also part of the issue with why the stats are so muddy after it gains its tamed levels, why is the large version considered a totally different creature once again effecting stats with breeding and mutations? what makes this tame so difficult to fix? it is the face of genesis. I'm not asking for much just fix the taming bar  and fix the coding allowing the stats to change correctly from small to big. make it useful again give the mana something to worry about other than plant z and a rhino, give OP soakers hiding in a giant metal box something to be concerned with. make the Bloodstalker think twice about letting one get to close. the Ferox is the most costly tame to use on any server other than genesis, breeding it is a pain and has a large start to finish timer. to breed your first pair  you need the 40 element to tame the pair an additional 20 element to get the female to max addition 10 hours of maturation (not including time spent taming and waiting for it to turn small) an additional 20 element to full enrage so it is fight worthy then 1 element every 9 mins after to keep it enraged. pretty costly if you ask me. 

Pretty sure its commonplace that passive tames do not get increases during these taming events for some reason. Its like every time I see an event someone complains about basilos not being faster. So this isnt a specific ferox issue but for all passives.

But I can support pushing them to fix how the stats change upon transforming and how stats are passed on to next generations as breeding them seems useless to me for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure gens bin out for over a year 

By now. But the ferox is still broken -_-

1. It falls through the map when going from big to small

2. Its inventory glitches randomly when big and you cant switch helmets, take from inv and add to inv

3. The stat points are re rolled when going from small to big making breeding for muts useless

Just trying to keep the topic fresh, breed a LOT of these during the event with no consistency on stats what so ever using unleveled Ferox small form gets all of the parents stats, enraged version is a total gamble on what will come out it is like your stat rolling every time a baby pops out. very expensive breeding process with time and element to have such broken stat changes. love the tame, lots of good utility and counters to 150k health racers and turts, pretty fair pvp when fighting manas, reapers, velo, meks, etc. but its only if you can get stats that can fight with top end dinos sporting 1300 plus melee with 20k plus health. 

I'm pretty sure gens bin out for over a year 

By now. But the ferox is still broken 

1.ferox still with the bonus lvls broken

2. It falls through the map when going from big to small

3.spyglass zoom on the ferox is not working

4. Its inventory glitches randomly when big and you cant switch helmets, take from inv and add to inv

5. ferox on non dedicated server are still broken the host just cant give element in any way

6. The stat points are re rolled when going from small to big making breeding for muts useless

7.ferox attack speed on singleplayer is not working

PLEASE I AM BEGGING WILDCARD FIX IT I LOVE ARK I AM 1 YEAR WAITHING FIXES FOR THE FEROX BUT SEEMS THE PRYORITI OS VERY!!!! LOW!!!! SO PLEASE DO SOMETING ABOUT THE FEROX IM BEGGING FEROX ONE OF THE COOLEST CRIATURES IN GENESIS 1 AND HAVE ONLY 5 CRIATURES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX SOME IF THESE BUGS AT LEAST THE BIG ONES!

Archived