Themes and DLC add-ons for purchase

Mideczj

Suggestion

I would like a way to pay for custom audio and/or graphical themes as little DLC add-ons I can purchase. I play on console and don't have a way to install such mods. I would prefer buying and using them in a simple, legit way. I'm bored of the same old ark music, too. Such minor things would also help players enjoy the game more, while they wait for fixes to on-going bugs and whatnot. Thanks.

1 reply to this server topic

As a console player myself, I would have to agree. The most excitement we get on my cluster is when I add a primitive plus map for a few months to changing things up. 

I did create a post at one point, that was somewhat similar at one point for decorative and skin packages, listing the ecomods and such as an example, but it did not go anywhere. 

Apparently the answer is either A) they don't, so they won't, so deal with it. B) they systems can't handle it so get over it. C) I am happy with what they have. D) I do not want to pay extra money for someone's hard work and dedicated efforts. (even if the cost is small)

Personally, if I could spend $1-$5 on mod packs - be them skins, decoratives, or new building structures to use.. I would. In a heartbeat. For a few reasons. 

1. We haven't been given much since Scorched Earth as far as new building tiers. (not individual items - actual tiers) 
  2. The holiday outfits are fun-ish, but incomplete and hardly ever making up and entire suit of clothing. 
  3. The holiday skins are hardly ever game oriented for the game it is and are instead cute and fun
  4. Decoratives are few and far between, and those few we are given either A) fit only the early stages of the game or B) disappear when the event is over. 
  5. Very few creatures have skins to play with. It would be nice for a few new ones. Perhaps a lion or tiger skin for a Thyla or Saber? Change it up a bit. An eagle for an Argy? 
  6. Farming is sad and rather pathetic if not done on primitive plus where it has hope. We make it to tek and can teleport but can't cook anything other than cooked meat...? 

And those are just a few. 

Don't take this the wrong way. The game does function as is now and can be considered completed. However if I could pay a small fee to fill in some of the blanks listed above... Hallelujah!

And if the argument is that it will not work as such on this system.. Guess what.. There is a new one coming out. Perhaps it may be a better chance? And there is also the other argument that other games can, so why can't ark? 

Either way, I will cross my fingers for someday. 

Archived