final boss nerf?

Giorgino87

6 minutes ago, Pellao said:

It’s a pretty brain dead fight honestly, you just have players attacking one direction for most of the fight, and have 1-2 who turn around and do the code-key runs, and you only need 1 Dino per person, and then either have a tank rex on tek saddle or tek rifles on players to shoot boss once it’s no longer invulnerable.

I’ve been super eco by only doing it on 1 set of primitive flak set and using 2 enduro stew.

I want to see a video of this

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EvilBoy199 said:

trying to play a multiplayer game with just the 3 buddies you circle jerk with is a bit anti multiplayer isnt it?

Not everybody is part of a huge tribe. The game has a single player mode, don't forget. And what about small tribes servers?

It is pretty narrow sighted to think everybody HAS to participate in big tribes. It is unfair to a portion of the player base to suddenly have a boss that is impossible with s small group, or even solo. Other bosses have been possible without a big tribe. (and we are talking gamma boss in this thread... not alpha) Yes, thee tribe system is a big game mechanic. But, players have to be choosy about whom they trust. And its easier to build trust with a small group rather than a large one.

There needs to be some balances to accomodate different play styles. Thats down to game design.

5 minutes ago, ZyraSeedling said:

Not everybody is part of a huge tribe. The game has a single player mode, don't forget. And what about small tribes servers?

It is pretty narrow sighted to think everybody HAS to participate in big tribes. It is unfair to a portion of the player base to suddenly have a boss that is impossible with s small group, or even solo. Other bosses have been possible without a big tribe. (and we are talking gamma boss in this thread... not alpha) Yes, thee tribe system is a big game mechanic. But, players have to be choosy about whom they trust. And its easier to build trust with a small group rather than a large one.

There needs to be some balances to accomodate different play styles. Thats down to game design.

no one is saying u need to be in a big tribe just talk to people on the server most would be ok to team up for boss and not be in the tribe

16 minutes ago, EvilBoy199 said:

no one is saying u need to be in a big tribe just talk to people on the server most would be ok to team up for boss and not be in the tribe

And the fact allied dinos don't TP with you? And I believe on small tribes you can't ally? What about single players? People on private servers with only a couple people? 

It is great that bigger tribes are able to get it done, the point of this thread is that part of the player base has been basically locked out of content.

8 hours ago, Likeitis said:

Still he tried to make his point, and i guess 3-4 could work but 5 is just easier. But indeed for solo players like me would mean to make some friends ?

Oh I appreciate the video, please don't misunderstand.
It actually gave us some ideas we want to test now with Ferox, in the hope that it leads to a viable tactic for mini-tribes.

2 hours ago, EvilBoy199 said:

claim unclaim inside bring them poded single player setting  blah blah blah

1. Not everyone is part of a mega-tribe
  2. There's no way in hell I will trust a stranger with one of my dino's
  3. Your post about it not being multiplayer is just ridiculous, multiplayer has no "minimum count"
  4. We play on our own server, so there's no "randoms to invite"
  5. Every expansion and boss fight has always been tuned to the amount of people entering the arena. Why they decided to ditch this with Extinction is anyone's guess.

I finished it as 3 man yesterday night coz we were going to carry someone, but they died at the start.. and didn’t realise obs wasn’t recording so that’s a rip, I’ll try and record one today if the lads are free for it.

instead of 1 set of primitive flak, I needed 2, but only brought in one set with me so it was an iffy fight.

2 hours ago, Pellao said:

I finished it as 3 man yesterday night coz we were going to carry someone, but they died at the start.. and didn’t realise obs wasn’t recording so that’s a rip, I’ll try and record one today if the lads are free for it.

instead of 1 set of primitive flak, I needed 2, but only brought in one set with me so it was an iffy fight.

Either way i think ur right from the start eventually. If u use feroxes, you can carry a mate boosted on your shoulder, and swap your ferox when it gets low on health or it dies, maybe swap it ontop of those bridge things to be safe, element all over the place also. Only things to keep in mind is feeding it, helmets and not to throw your backup ferox off when picking keys.

7 hours ago, Pellao said:

Thanks for the input Pellao, we're going to start breeding some Feroxes ourselves and take a jab at it with the info we go out of your video.

So we went in last night 5 man 4 ferox ridders 1yuty rider 15 rexes as back fill.

the rexes actually made it harder it was so hard to keep them under control they either got in the way or ran around.

as for the feroxs well. Our ferox had Ruffly 20k hp 750+ Melle 15 helms all max addictions and ten veggies cakes (they didn’t do anything) now the thing is the ferox absolutely melt any thing in there they really do but in the last stage every ferox rider was instant killed off the saddle. It like all the small guys got aim not and comped bowed the rider at same time and you instant died.

current grave yard tally stands at 55 dead rexes 3bdead yutys 2ndead meks and 4 dead ferox lmao oh and our bodies didn’t even come back with us so we lost 200 element smh.

now I have to insist that me and my tribe are not bobs we have done every boss in the game played together since legacy and  know our shiz but this boss fight is ruining us.

those who says it’s easy don’t play smalls don’t play Xbox and have had one easy run.our last run in the first stage alone (final boss room)  we had 13 Gigas spawn

1 hour ago, Olivar said:

@Pellao : What kind of helmets did you guys use on your Ferox, and how many veggy cakes?

We use our bp crafted ones, using crafter they ended up between 300-340 armour with 270-350 durability.

For the 3 man, I personally brought a bit too little yesterday night, as I only took in 1 set of primitive flak and 3 of the craft flak helm (I wore one since the drones broke most of my sets)

For the ferox they are considered carnivores while big, personally haven’t tried veggie cakes on them.

The ferox are always max addiction for the damage and the damage reduction.

The trick for key running will cause your medbrews to not work, you take focal chilli for the speed, and enduro stew, after you take your enduro stew, you take the battle tartare which “overwrites” the enduro stew on your client, but it’s still technically effective, so you won’t lose health from the battle tartare.

if you can get at least 5 people, you can make it a ton easier due to the amount of players who can shoot their tek rifles.

I’ll see if I can get them to do a run with me tonight, coz of work in the weekdays, just to show how we do it, I’ve got sound working as well I believe.

1 hour ago, Pellao said:

We use our bp crafted ones, using crafter they ended up between 300-340 armour with 270-350 durability.

For the 3 man, I personally brought a bit too little yesterday night, as I only took in 1 set of primitive flak and 3 of the craft flak helm (I wore one since the drones broke most of my sets)

For the ferox they are considered carnivores while big, personally haven’t tried veggie cakes on them.

The ferox are always max addiction for the damage and the damage reduction.

The trick for key running will cause your medbrews to not work, you take focal chilli for the speed, and enduro stew, after you take your enduro stew, you take the battle tartare which “overwrites” the enduro stew on your client, but it’s still technically effective, so you won’t lose health from the battle tartare.

if you can get at least 5 people, you can make it a ton easier due to the amount of players who can shoot their tek rifles.

I’ll see if I can get them to do a run with me tonight, coz of work in the weekdays, just to show how we do it, I’ve got sound working as well I believe.

Are the guys with tek rifles shooting everything ? Or solely boss during dmg phase? Also have you seen any instance of people instant dieing? Two of us where killed of the ferox instantly last night 500 health to nothing instant but my armor was untouched and our bodies then got deleted from the game lol 

1 hour ago, LE4SoDeadly said:

Are the guys with tek rifles shooting everything ? Or solely boss during dmg phase? Also have you seen any instance of people instant dieing? Two of us where killed of the ferox instantly last night 500 health to nothing instant but my armor was untouched and our bodies then got deleted from the game lol 

We've had that as well.
Heck I don't even trust the timer being displayed. Pretty sure it's a lot shorter than that the HUD shows you.

Unfortunately we'll be doing the fight tomorrow night, one of the lads had to jump off early for work, which i should honestly be asleep for night now as well XD

1 hour ago, LE4SoDeadly said:

For this bug, I'm honestly not sure how this is triggered, but on the soundless vid I post, i was instantly killed as soon as i took out my tek rifle, which was fine like the first few times.. and yes you only use the tek rifle during the damage phase for the boss, if you're doing 3 man, you need to run around away from all the mobs, as you don't want to lose helm dura on your ferox for no reason, and yes my body got deleted as well, my tribe mates couldn't find my body.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 7:49 AM, EvilBoy199 said:

The issue here is you cannot bring alliance dinos into this... So, bodies is one thing but having to front the dinos to do this is tough.

Archived